1550 Bayshore Highway, Burlingame, CA, 94010

Costs 43% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Bay Landing Airport Hotel

Bay Landing Bargain

by TripAdvisor Member TrickyKid75

Spent 4 nights at Bay Landing and came away very impressed. Room and bathroom were spacious and immaculate, bed was extremely comfortable. Hotel is 1 exit south of the airport and looks out onto the runway but you'd never know from how quiet the room is. Complimentary breakfast was great with make-your-own Belgian Waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. There's also a large selection of bagels, breads, and pastries to go along with cereal, fresh fruit, and yogurt. Weather permitting you can sit out on the veranda attached to the breakfast area and enjoy the sights of the bay while dining. NOTE: For those heading to San Francisco, you've probably got about a 25-30 minute drive in good traffic.

Great hotel, value for money, shame about the staff!

by TripAdvisor Member kittenista

I stayed at the Bay Landing Hotel for four days at the very end of Sep '05 (so my comments may be irrelevant now). Like most of the people here, I thought the place was beautiful, the hotel was stunning and the rooms were comfortable, clean and a pleasure to stay in.

My only issue with the hotel was the staff! Even the simplest things seemed to be difficult, and they really did appear to be undertrained, and understaffed most of the time. Things that should have been easy, such as getting the shuttle bus back to the airport, became ordeals - once, we had to wait over an hour and a half for the shuttle! I realise that the shuttle is operated by another company but if Bay Landing Hotel offer it as a service which comes every 20 minutes, it is also their responsibility to make sure they stick to that.

There is no dining area, which some people may find a little odd. But - considering the price, this really can, and should, be overlooked. In terms of the hotel itself, it really can't be beaten in terms of value for money. If they would only train their staff a little better, it would be perfect.

Best Stay Outside of the City... You Must Stay Here!!!

by TripAdvisor Member bxtreme112

We visit San Francisco quite often and usually stay in the city. This time around we had planned a trip with 2 other couples and we had two cars. Usually parking in the city is a pain and is very expensive, so we decided to stay outside of the city. At first we were a little hesitant in regards to this place and location, but the price was hard to pass it up. When we arrived we all of our worries went away. From the courteous staff to the immaculate lobby and front entrance (fire place and plasma TV), the tastefully decorated bedrooms (with a microwave, and fridge, granite countertops and shower, and very nice sitting area with a sofa chair and desk), the yummy breakfast (a full continental breakfast which included pancakes, waffles, cereals, muffins, bagels, toast, eggs, an array of juices, etc.) a great view of the bay and the airport, ample free parking, the hotel has it all!!! Not only is the price very reasonable, you will definitely get the service and exceptional quality of a 5 star hotel. We have found a new home in SF and will definitely be staying here again! Thank you Bay Landing Hotel for such a homely and warm stay!

Perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member PikaGiggles

I used this hotel as the place to stay for my Oct. 2005 wedding. The sales manager was very cooperative and reduced rates were negotiated for my family and wedding guests. I also stayed there for my wedding night.

Upon entering, the lobby is clean and modernly decorated. There's a large chessboard in the lobby for anyone wanting to play. The location is right on the San Francisco Bay (a trail is nearby) with 2 restaurants in walking distance (El Torito and Elephant Bar). Rooms are quiet and away from any airplane noise even though this hotel is very near SFO (you can see planes landing). All furnishings in the room look BRAND NEW! Each room has a coffee maker, microwave and refridgerator. The bathroom has stone countertops. Overall, a very classy looking hotel room. Breakfast in the morning is not your run-of-the-mill continental breakfast. There are many items to choose from including cereals, fresh fruits, juices and make-your-own Belgian waffles. Coffee and tea are offered in the dining area at all times and even complimentary cookies were available. The hotel offered free Internet, including a single computer near the front desk along with a printer and paper. Free parking and free airport shuttle.

My parents and brother stayed here for 1 week and were thoroughly spoiled. Housekeeping was friendly and re-made the room like new every day. My parents used the gym every morning. They also had no problems using the laundry facility. We arranged a special bay view room for our friends who had a baby. The view was spectacular and the hotel provided a crib. Again, no problems with noise. They really enjoyed their stay, too. The suite I got for my wedding night was HUGE! It came with 2 queen sized beds, a wet bar area and a separate sink area outside of the bathroom. The bathroom had a tub and a separate shower. Very clean and spacious, the suite was a great way to pamper ourselves after a long wedding day.

I can't say enough about how friendly and helpful the staff was. At one point, my friends and family had taken over the dining area in the afternoon to cut flowers to make centerpieces. We rearranged the tables to suit our needs and moved them back when we were done. The staff was genuinely excited that we were preparing for a wedding. They even lent us scissors! :) We took over the dining area again another time to have a group pizza lunch. I also attended breakfast with my parents everyday, even though I wasn't staying there, and the staff never said a word. The night prior to the wedding we asked to use a vacant conference room to have a meeting and there was no hesitation to allow us usage. I have never experienced such a cooperative staff!

I researched all the hotels in the area for my wedding. For rooms offered at a similar price, they just didn't offer the modern, new feel nor the perks like Bay Landing. The major highlights of the Bay Landing Hotel are free parking (not available at many of the hotels in the SFO area), free airport shuttle, clean and quiet rooms, free internet and the yummy breakfast (My dad ate 2-3 waffles every morning for a week!). Next time we have friends visit, this is the hotel we'd recommend above the rest. This is, by far, one of the best hotels that I've ever experienced!

Best Hotel in USA

This is simply the best hotel we have stayed at in USA. The rooms are very clean and comfortable.

The breakfast is way ahead of most of the free offerings, loads of choice, fresh fruit, waffles etc.

Views over the bay are great and if you like watching birds this is the place to stay.

Staff very helpful and efficient. Found this great hotel thanks to Tripadvisor and stayed 4 nights. Use the free shuttle to Airport and catch BART (rapid transit) to visit the center of San Francisco.

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member anon126

We stayed here to get over the flight from England. great hotel, good price ($109/night). The room was large and clean with great views over the bay. Good food nearby at the 'Elephant Bar' and a really nice breakfast. Under 10 minutes drive from the airport and right next to the 101 to get through the city. Couldn't recomend it highly enough.

Best hotel near airport

by TripAdvisor Member Traveler12348

This hotel is a gem. It is tastefully decorated, clean, quiet, reasonably priced and located about 5 minutes from the airport. Some rooms have SF Bay views. The breakfast buffet was tasty and more varied than expected. Park and fly is available. It is now our first choice when traveling from SFO.

Elegant Not Pompous

Safe, clean & friendly. Really close to the airport but you'd never know it because it's so quiet. Great for a week long business trip. Ample free parking & exercise room. They provide breakfast but there isn't a restaurant at the hotel so keep your eyes open for places to eat while you explore the area. In-N-Out Burger located right at the Millbrae exit. Trader Joe's on Broadway Ave, Millbrae.

View from a wheelchair

by TripAdvisor Member parfro

I agree with the descriptions of this hotel - clean, good value, a good breakfast - the hotel is accessible, with a large bedroom, a well equipped bathroom - however, there seems to be very little help available at the front desk to bring in (or take out) your bags unless you really ask for it. In fact, the guy who did take out our luggage on a cart the next morning did not attempt to help my 68 year old husband lift any of it into our car, and that included my heavy wheelchair. Poor service in that respect and very little help in the dining room. Everyone was clearing away their own plates from the tables.

Great Hotel Very Unhelpful Staffs

After driving more than 8 hours from Oceanside California, we were looking forward just to relax and enjoy. We like the look of the hotel from the outside and were impress about the location. While my husband was unloading the lugages I decided to check in. Told the reception we have a reservation with bay view and she said no problem!!. Then she gave me the card keys. I have ask for help for suitcases but she said no one is available. Fair enough we went to the second floor room 228 to find out the view is overlooking the carpark!!!. I came down to see the reception and spoke to Rosalie the same girl she said that bay view is not available. I was so angry and said what happened to our conversartion 2 minutes ago plus this was pre request 2 months ago. If the bay view was not available why did she make us all go to second floor with our lugages. She then agreed to change us to another room which is number Room 101 with the view but next to the back door from the parking lot which everyone uses every 5 minutes which did not help at all considering we have kids ages 8 and 1. Great hotel, good location but the reception is not customer oriented. They need to be trained to talk to customer and know the ethics of customer service. Shame I would have rated this hotel good but reception have let this down.

Yummm, snails!Yummm, snails!