Doubletree' Hotel San Francisco Airport

Costs 64% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Doubletree' Hotel San Francisco Airport

Absolutely wonderful!

by TripAdvisor Member jwelhwel

Our one night say at this Doubletree was wonderful- warm cookies at check-in, very friendly employees, good restaurant experience at the hotel. An invitation was in our room to attend a complimentary cocktail party that evening. We attended and had wonderful wine and cheese. The manager introduced himself and we met some other interesting guests who added to the evening. The walk along the bay is beautiful and relaxing. Complimentary shuttle to and from the airport was fast and efficient. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Many front desk problems

by TripAdvisor Member lpnl

The poor performance of the front desk staff got to the point of really upsetting us. Problems ranged from not being able to exit the parking lot because the pass card wasn't activated properly to having to go to the desk 3 different times because we were locked out of our room (due to someone entering our info incorrectly.) We were told several days before check-in that a pool would be available (across the street.) When we arrived we were then told that the pool was under renovation.
The shower head was so poor, we had to get on our knees to rinse our hair under the tap. The dining room was very poorly staffed at breakfast: buffet was not replenished, tables were not bussed, coffee not poured. We will definitely not return.

Okay Hotel but Front-Desk Problems

by TripAdvisor Member Gord1066

The Doubletree at San Francisco Airport is a decent 3-star hotel. With the exception of a nightmarish check-in, we enjoyed our stay there. There is nothing wrong with this hotel that a clean-up at the front desk wouldn’t fix. Here is our sorry tale of woe.

My wife and I had confirmed reservations for August 5, 2006. Unfortunately, just as we were checking in about 4 pm., the computer system went down and our reservation could not be retrieved. Katherine at the front desk instructed us to wait in the lobby and she would come and get us when the system was back up. Fine – these things happen. However, after an hour-long wait and no sign of Katherine, we noted other guests checking in. When asked why she didn’t alert us as promised, Katherine replied that she couldn’t possibly leave the desk unattended. Okay, we’ll give her the benefit of the doubt. Alas, Katherine had more surprises up her sleeve for us.

She assigned us a room on the 7th floor. Upon arrival at the door, we noted a “Do Not Disturb’ sign on the handle and could hear music coming from inside. While my wife guarded our bags in the hallway, I went back down to the front desk and politely informed Katherine that I believed our room was occupied. She refused to accept this possibility and suggested the cleaning staff had probably forgotten to turn off the radio earlier in the day.

Upstairs I went again, slid my card into the lock and opened the door. As I peeked gingerly around the door, I saw a pilot’s uniform hanging in the closet and his or her travel bag sitting on the bed. Mercifully, there was no one there and I beat a hasty retreat.

Clearly unhappy to see me again, Katherine was perplexed at this turn of events. “But the computer says that room is vacant” she kept assuring me. As my blood pressure continued to rise, I assured her in no uncertain terms that the room was NOT vacant. Katherine must have decided that I had suffered enough pain on this check-in and assigned us another room, never apologizing once for the error. Our check-in took close to two full hours.

The remainder of our stay was fine and the complimentary shuttle to the airport was excellent. Would I stay there again? Only if I was assured that the front desk staff had received some advanced training in customer service.

Very nice!

by TripAdvisor Member srfjustme

We stayed here at the end of our 10 day Alaskan cruise aboard the Celebrity Infinity before flying home the next day. The lobby is truly elegant w/ a cozy fireplace, chairs and couches. Check-in was speedy and we were in our room in less than 10 minutes. The property is VERY nice w/ a lovely view of The Bay. The airport shuttle service was prompt with courteous drivers. Our room was spacious (and spotless!) with a kingsize COMFY bed (zzzzzz). We chose to walk to Benihana's for dinner but had a tasty breakfast in the hotel restaurant the next morning before boarding the front door shuttle to the airport. We would definitely stay here again!

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member abhetrck

WOW! What a great hotel, my husband, daughter, son in law, 2 grandsons and myself stayed here for 4 nights and it was the best. The staff was top of the line. My daughter worked with the customer rep. there for weeks before we left and that person went way beyond her job. She was such a big help to all of us. She helped with all the info we needed to make this a great trip.I have stayed in alot of Hotels, 3, 4 and 5 stars and will have to say, this was one of the best. The rooms were very clean and nice, the food in the rest. was very good (a little pricy for a family). Thanks to the help they gave us, we had a great time.

Great Deal on a Great Room

by TripAdvisor Member Wincherr

I'll keep it short and sweet:

Booked on Priceline for $40 for a King. The room was large, the bed was very comfortable (4 Star), the bathroom was clean, and the service was great. No issues at the front desk. Even with paying $13 for parking, still a great deal. Now add another $10 for Internet and you are cutting into my $avings!

Don't hesitate to stay here. The property is in a good area and very convenient to the airport. I didn't really even hear the planes.

First Rate Airport Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member WappingViisitor

I have stayed here several time in the past at an amazingly cheap rate from Priceline. For an airport hotel this is excellent. The rooms are clean and quiet, despite its close proximity to the airport. The hotel restaurant offers very good, reasonably priced food and the hotel shuttle service is excellent. Above all they have amongst the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Really good value for money.

Pretty average

by TripAdvisor Member mom2brina

We stayed at this hotel because it was mid-way between S.F. and the place we had business meetings. We came in early to see S.F. and I wish we would have just stayed in the city.

The hotel is decent enough, but nothing special. This place really should have a free internet connection, but they charge you $10 a day for a dial-up. The parking was very expensive, both at the hotel and any time we drove into the city.

They did have very frequent airport shuttle service which was free. I did use this one day to get to the BART at SFO to go downtown on my own. The shuttle driver was the most courteous person from the hotel!!

I can't say any really bad things about it, but no really great ones either. I think it would be a nice place to stay if you have a layover, but other than that, I would not stay here again.

So nice, i stayed twice.....

by TripAdvisor Member frequentflyerUAL

I stayed at the Doubletree March 12-15th, 2007 and then again from March 19-21st, 2007 on Company Business. The first stay was fantastic. Check-in was a breeze. I was given a high floor like requested. The chocolate chip cookie was delicious as usual. Upon entering my room there was a card with my name thanking me for staying here and two bottles of water. The room was a nice size with the most comfortable bed ever. The bathroom was pretty big also and stocked with Neutrogena products. The view from my room was okay, nothing great. Parking is $15 a day. There are several NICE restaurants around the hotel where you can find just about anything you want to eat. My second stay wasn't as good as the first. When I arrived at 4 p.m. my room wasn't ready, so I couldn't get the high floor as requested. I was not given a card, or bottles of water. I did however receive a call from the lady at the front desk making sure everything was okay with the room I was given. I thought that was nice that they cared. The view from the second room wasn't all that great, i could only see across to the other side of the building. Overall, I would stay here again.

Watch for parking fee

by TripAdvisor Member bornto

Very nice hotel with excellent staff. It is very convenient to SFO and I got a great price through Priceline. My only complaint was that I had to pay $15 to park the rental car in their lot. Otherwise, a wonderful stay. Excellent low cost Mexican restaurant about 1 mile north.

Can you hear me now?Can you hear me now?

Comments