Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport

Costs 24% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport

Good value for money

by TripAdvisor Member littleiggy

We stayed two nights at the Hyatt from the 29th October 2005. This is a very nice hotel which caters mostly for the business client. We had a room on the third floor that had a good bay view, plus it had two large beds which were clean and very comfortable. The staff was excellent and went out of their way to help us. If travelling into San francisco city use the free hotel shuttle bus to the airport where you can catch the Bart train into the city centre for $5 each way.This hotel is very good value. I paid £32 per night for the room (no breakfast included) via Hotwire.com.

Average dated rooms, could be so much better!

This Hyatt hotel is unfortunately not up to the usual Hyatt standards. It could be so much better.

The good bits...
The entrance to the hotel is impressive.
The airport shuttle is complimentary.
The rates are reasonable.
A decent equipped gym and pool area.
Short trip from the airport to the hotel.

The bad bits...
All our requests on the original booking form were ignored, I don't think they even looked at it, because they didn't even know if we preffered smoking or non.

We still then ended up with a twin bedded room instead of a king, but no major problem as we were only staying 1 night.

After arriving to the hotel late (2200), we were looking forward to getting some food before a good nights rest. However, the hotel restaurant was closed, as was the Sizzler across the road. No probs, we thought and we made our way to the hotels sports bar. We didn't stay, as it was soo loud, smoky and v overcrowded. So we opted for room service which was a rip off. Pizza and chips cost $38 which included a 20% service charge plus a fee, and took 45 mins to arrive!.

The room we had was very dated with flowery wallpaper in the bathroom and the added touch of our room number being held onto the wall by a piece of sellotape - and this is a Hyatt hotel! The wardrobe door needed repairing and the scuffs on the wall, displayed the rooms well-used look.

The next day I needed to receive a fax, which took the guy 20mins to find even though it had def been faxed at least 3 times. The guy on the business desk seemed more interested in his internet than anything else.

Some rooms can be a long walk from the elevator.

Overall, as a gold passport member with Hyatt I was disappointed, I'm only glad we weren't staying longer than 1 night. Compared to the Hyatt Orlando Airport (which is excellent), this property is below standard and desperately needs a refurbishment of the guest bedrooms. I would look elsewhere if I need to stay over at SFO airport again, which was a shame as Hyatt hotels, up until this visit have always been my preffered choice.

Couldn't pay me to stay there again. Don't go!

by TripAdvisor Member ElizabethStreetMoM

Where to start? Hotel front desk staff were very rude and I checked in during a lull and was the only one at check-in. The room was noisy, dark and drab.
The food was overpriced and I had to wait so long for it the poor waitress kept apologizing. She and others finally brought the wrong order, not once, but twice. And, I was eating mid-week and at about 6pm, not exactly a busy time. Other than the apologetic waitress all hotel staff we met could not have gone out of their way to be more rude. No matter what we asked for there was an immediate, blunt, cold, "No".
The muffin stand in the Atrium had the worst, heavy, stale, overpriced muffins and slow, ignorant service.
Trust me, we stay in everything from Motel 6 to the Ritz Carlton and Trump Towers and this is the worst.
I have no idea why it has become such a place to avoid. Lastly, take your pick, street noise from poorly insulated windows, or freeway noise--those are your choices. No amount of money could pay me to stay there. One good thing: there is a Max's restaurant down the street for decent food. There is a Holiday Inn Express down the street and I will try that next time.

Best brunch in the bay area

I stay in this hotel a lot - like once a month or so. The rooms are generally large and well acquainted. In room coffe and tea is nice. I prefer the atrium view - you can see the whole interior of the hotel, including the Swiftwater Cafe. At night, you can hear the piano music if you leave your window open.

We usually stay on the Regency Club floor as we are frequent guests. The rooms are about the same size as the other floors, but come with bathrobes and a free newspaper. Being a Diamond member also gets us an amenity - you can choose from several amenity options at check in. They range from cheese and crackers to cookies to fruit, and beverage like sodas, beer, wine or champagne.

We love to take in the Sunday Brunch - the buffet has everything from cheeses, seafood, mexican food, fresh fruits, breakfast entrees and even a kids buffet for the little ones. The desert table usually has 10+ kinds of deserts, plus ice cream. The Buffet is situated among the many waterfalls in the cafe. The cafe is very open and airy. It's not cheap, but you will not leave here hungry!

The hotel has a complimentary shuttle to and from SFO.

If you don't want to hike, be sure to ask for a room near the elevator.

V. Good SFO Airport hotel

Our experience at the hotel was lovely and a bit surprising considering the other reviews here. I got a rate of $55 on Hotwire, which may help improve my opinion.

Check in staff was friendly and professional, and alerted us to the fact we could check our car in at the hotel, rather than having to drive to SF Airport for Hertz.

We were also given an upgrade to the Regency Club floor, though not to a bay/airport view, which would have been pretty incredible. Our room faced onto the atrium, which was noisier than I'd have liked, thanks to ESPN blaring in the wine bar/lounge (I'm gathering this was because the sports bar is closed temporarily??)

Room service was excellent, very quick (half an hour), and not unreasonable for a hotel of the caliber. A 10" Pizza ($14), a club sandwich ($11), and some fries ($4) came to $35 for two, tax and gratuity included.

The paint & wallpaper in our room looked like it needed a touch-up, and I was very surprised that our room didn't have a minibar, but I don't really have any complaints-- it's far better than most in this terribly bland airport hotel category. I'd definately stay here again, especially at the price I got!!

Nice for a Crowded Weekend

I stayed here New Year's weekend with my boyfriend because it was a better price than staying in Downtown SF. We arrived at 1pm and they let us check in earlier and gave us a bayview room...which is an okay view, best if you are on a higher floor.

The room was very clean...what's nice is they use a white down that looks clean compared to those gross bed covers most hotels use. The front desk was quick and helpful even though there was a huge conference there the same weekend.

Noise: you can hear the showers go on next door but not too bad.

I don't understand why ppl complain about the long walks from the elevator...it's not so bad...especially if you've stayed at the Venetian in Vegas and get lost there!

Overall, we got a good rate of $99 a nite. I do not recommend the restaurant downstairs...overpriced and you can get better eats in the City. The sportsbar was closed for remodeling so we didnt get to try that.

good airport hotel

by TripAdvisor Member swisstourist

stayed here to break up a trip back to the US - great airport hotel. Rooms were clean and nice and hotel seemed safe. Room service was quick and good. Cleaning staff was excellent. Door was sound proof - didn't hear anything in the hallway. Close to freeway - could hear the traffic all night.

Convenient shuttle, although the shuttle back to the airport was extremely crowded - to the point of being dangerous and unsafe. Too many people on the shuttle going back to the airport- driver allowed the luggage to be piled up so high it was blocking the door.

Overrated for a Hyatt

by TripAdvisor Member luvsf

In response to the reviewer of this hotel from 9/2004, he stated, "Free Parking". Well, we were there in 2004....and we definitely did NOT have free parking! I have noticed other reviewers mentioning the $15 parking fee also. Guess it must depend on who you are where parking fees are concerned! We were not that overly impressed with this hotel; the nice gentleman who checked us in late one Saturday night is the only really nice thing I would comment on. Dated, dark rooms; our view was busy Hwy. 101 North!

A Wonderful Stay

by TripAdvisor Member gridskipper

All I really needed was a clean, quiet room in the Bay Area where I could sleep peacefully and get some work done. The Hyatt exceeded all my expectations, especially considering the price -- about $60 a night!

This is quite a large hotel, especially in terms of footprint, as it contains huge, skylit atrium. I had a nice view of the bay, but I imagine the rooms across the hall looked into the atrium. Ask for a view.

My room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was particularly friendly. I had room service one night, which was overpriced, of course, but very good.

There are two drawbacks to this location...

One, they use T-Mobile for wi-fi service, so unless you are already a member it will cost about $10 a day to connect.

Two, parking is expensive even for the Bay Area, at $17 a day! There are two ways to mitigate this. Don't tie your room to the parking charges. At $1 an hour, you'll probably pay less by the hour than incurring the daily charge to your room. I was also told that you can park across the street, by the movie theater. I never tried this, though, so don't blame me if you get a ticket (or worse).

All in all, a wonderful stay. Recommended.

ok, I suppose if you need to stay next to airport

by TripAdvisor Member Swallowtail Sunset Gallery

Not as nice as I expected. Parking is $17 per 24 hours. Pillows are TERRIBLE. Towels are a bit worn for a Hyatt.

It was quiet enough but LOTS of noise from the interstate for a country dweller like me.

Staff was nice. We got a good rate for one night. I would not stay longer than that, too boring compared to all others in San Francisco. The location was convenient for early morning flight the next day.

Comments