1800 Old Bayshore Hwy, Burlingame, CA 94010
Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 73% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Marriott San Francisco Airport

Forget.... San Fran Marriott Airport

We stayed in room 411 facing the airport. It was a king. Window opened slightly.
After the extremely long way to walk to room from the elevators, we were greeted with one of the worst rooms we have ever stayed in. Thank goodness it was only for one night.
The room smelled, the carpet was dirty, the furniture worn, with even the wood exposed. The sheets were old and discolored.
The bathroom was badly in need of a reno job. There was mold, and a vent inside the tub that was caked with greasy dust, exactly the same as the airconditioning unit. The airconditioning unit had "fleecy" strips stuck to it (airfreshener?)
I felt relaxed knowing that a trusted hotel room was obtained for the night, but greatly disappointed with this hotel. It was a sad end to a wonderful vacation.
In my opinion, this whole hotel needs a major renovation job from bottom to top. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Pleasantly surprised

We needed a hotel close to the airport for the last night of our trip. We were expecting a characterless corporate-style hotel and this is what it looks like inside and out. However, the rooms are spacious with quality furnishings, and the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. We had awesome views over the bay of the planes landing and it was surprisingly quiet. On the down side the water temperature for the bath/shower was never quite hot enough both evening and morning.

But a big plus was the surprisingly good hotel food. The hotel has 3 restaurants and the mid-priced one served scallops and prawn linguine (6 enormous and perfectly cooked scallops) for $13.50. The surroundings were drab and the music was like lift music but the food and service were unbelievably good for the price. The other meals we ordered were equally good value and quality. We actually asked to share the starter, and were pleasantly surprised when the waiter brought it out already split onto two plates and presented classily. Amazed to say I'd stay and eat here again.

Finally, the hoptel has a Hertz desk and it was so convenient to drop the car off here and avoid the nightmare of driving round the airport by getting the free shuttle bus to the airport.

Small room, Great view

I enjoyed my stay here, but the room was very small. I've stayed in motel 6's that were bigger. For one person it was ok, but two people would have been falling over each other. I had a bay view room. The view over the bay was very nice and watching the planes take off was interesting. With the curtains closed, there wasn't any noise from the airport.

The room was clean. I must have been in one of the newly renovated room, because everything looked new. The bed was very comfortable and had every kind of pillow you could want.

The staff was pleasant. Room service was very good. Fast and the food was tasty. There is no where to eat close by. The parking was $17.00 for self park and $20 for valet. It was raining so I went with the valet. They were very helpful with directions when I left.

They were doing renovations when I stayed here but I wasn't bothered by the noise, it didn't start until I was already awake at 10am.
I would stay here again if I had a plane to catch.

A bit of bait and switch

This Marriott Hotel was a good deal at $40 a night on Priceline. But you won't get a bay view room for this rate. The hotel was actually very nice but the better known hotels try to clean out your wallet once they lock you in. Parking was $17 a day in their outside lot. High speed internet access was $10 a day and to keep you from using a dial-up connection there was a $1 local call charge PLUS an additional charge based on your connect time. Pretty shady. You can park across the street for free though and worry a bit about getting towed. This place is a bit hard to find so get directions before you go.

good night sleep

We stayed at the airport Marriott hotel after a long weekend at a wedding with family . It was a nice way to wrap up the weekend. The rooms were somewhat small but what really was nice was the view of the bay and the beds were close to Westin's heavenly beds. My Aunt fell asleep just minutes after getting into bed then snoring soon after that! It was very quiet even though it was right next to the airport. The shuttle was fast and easy. I highly recommend this hotel to someone who needs a good rest before going home.

A good place for a stop-over

by TripAdvisor Member arb123

I stayed at the Marriott for one night. I found the service top-notch and the rooms and public areas very clean. The bed was incredibly comfy! Room service was quick and friendly. The only things I would say were somewhat lacking were the pool (its indoor and needs a makeover) and the restaurant (I tried the cheaper one and, while the service was very friendly, my lunch salad was poorly presented and the lettuce a bit old).

Unbeknownst to me at the time, I was to stay at the Hyatt SFO airport hotel the following night (my flight was overbooked). I have to say the Marriott was the better hotel, hands-down (I've written a review on the Hyatt 'A very average hotel but great restaurant').

Mixed review

Let me say overall the hotel and staff were vey nice, but apparently there was a huge Christian convention nearby with many attendees staying at the Marriott. Their overall behavior tainted what was supposed to be a quiet relaxing stay in preparation for an early morning departure. Hotel staff - excellent, very nice and helpful. Rooms - very clean, averaged sized with small bathroom, but very comfortable beds are a bonus. Although near the airport, rooms are quiet and planes sound like distant thunder which was actually relaxing. Indoor pool - small but nice, hot tub - OK. Restaurant food - average to above average, however avoid the desserts - they were terrible. The grounds outside are clean and serene, there's a nice walkway along the bay. Airport shuttle right on time and frequent. Due to the volume of convention attendees, the restaurant service sucked, our food was brought out on a tray stand and left on the middle of the floor, ended up waiting a full 45 minutes for waitress to check up on us for dessert and check, no drink refills. The pool was filled with kids doing cannonballs, no parental discipline. Parents allowed kids to run and scream down hallways all hours of the night. I know a lot of this behavior was out of the Marriott's control. So I would recommend staying here, our timing was just bad.

Great for a stop over

by TripAdvisor Member DougDilvo

Stayed at this property for one night (July 24th) on a stop over on our way to the east coast with my wife and two kids (3 and 6 months) Location to SFO very convenient with very regular shuttles to and from (every 15 minutes). The shuttle is shared between the Hyatt and the Marriott.

Stayed on the 6th floor, a long walk from the elevators ( I would say close to a 200 meter walk). Rooms was a bit smaller than I expected but had a very comfortable King bed, with one roll-a-way and a porta crib..that made for the room to be a bit squeezed. Carpets were a bit dirty, but staff service was excellent from check in to check out.

Lobby area is fantastic as was the view of the runway at SFO..my three-year old loved it.

Took a town car into the waterfront at the bellmans suggestion ($45.00 one way), and took Bart back to the airport on return $5.30 one way per person x3). Shuttle service picks up right next to Bart at the airport and the wait was doable.

Used the pool and hot tub..a bit small, but perfect for our needs.

We would definately stay at this property again, if on a stop over.

Good Time but Housekeeping Needs Help

by TripAdvisor Member themunes

We stayed at the Marriott over a weekend in July while participating in a competition taking place in their ballroom. The valet and bellhop were quick to assist us upon arrival and check-in was a breeze with a very helpful desk clerk. We got just the room we asked for - high up with a view of the bay/aiport (my husband digs planes).

The room was a little small but decent size - the bathroom was also a little smaller than I would have expected but it was clean and the shower was big. The furnishings were not brand new, but were tasteful, in good condition and the art was pretty cool for a airport hotel. We ordered room service 2 times over our 3 day stay and all the food was delicious. The bed was sooooo comfy, with lots of pillows and a wonderful down comforter!!!

Here's the bad parts, most of it to do with house keeping. I want to say up front though that once notified of the problems the hotel took care of it RIGHT AWAY and with a very friendly, helpful demeanor. Even the maids we met in the hallway were extremely friendly.
1. When we arrived the fitted sheet on the bed did not really fit, and there was a big tear down the middle of it. I called and someone came and remade it with new sheets in less than 10 minutes.
2. Our second day there the maid never came though we were out many times during the day. I called at 6:30 for someone to make up our room and when we got back at 12 it was done very well, with lots of extra towels and complimentary sopas and stuff.
3. This is a small thing, but for those of you who look forward to room service for a late night snack or breakfast before a flight FYI - they have a VERY limited menu - but what we had from it was very good.

Overall I thought the experience was good and would go back.

Great local, great staff

by TripAdvisor Member wendyandbill

It is right on the Bay by a runway! BUT it is not noisy. Convenient shuttles every 15 minutes to the airport and BART station get you to the downtown easily. A quiet hotel with good food and a great staff!!

Comments