20638 Tracy Avenue, I-5/Golden State Highway at SR
Booking.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

More about Buttonwillow

TA truck stop and Super 8 MotelTA truck stop and Super 8 Motel

Willow Ranch looks better on the insideWillow Ranch looks better on the inside

Buttonwillow Super 8 Motel from Starbuck'sButtonwillow Super 8 Motel from Starbuck's

Cow sculpture welcomes the visitor at Willow RanchCow sculpture welcomes the visitor at Willow Ranch

Travel Tips for Buttonwillow

Buttonwillow

by Yaqui

Buttonwillow is one of the sleep little towns that many do not realize how significant this part of California is, being cotton a major agricultural crop. Cotton is one of our top products that are grown and exported. It a vast land laid out with nothing but cotton fields, almond groves and vast lands of many other types or crops. Of course Beef being one of them.

Buttonwillow started from a Buttonwillow tree as a landmark on an old trans-valley trail, and was used by ancient Yokut Indian as a meeting place, later becoming the site of settlers' store.

Stopover along I-5 in California's Central Valley

by atufft

"We needed a leg-up on a two week trip to Louisiana"

On Christmas night we decided to hit the road early, rather than wait for the next day, and get a leg-up on a long drive to Tucson, AZ. The four hour drive down I-5 in the rain at night may not have seemed wise, but the I-5 asphalt surface is in generally excellent condition. The less fortunate situation would be the tule fog, which we experienced on the return drive. Anyway, Buttonwillow Super 8 Motel provided good service late at night and we were able to get started early the next day without any hassles. Buttonwillow is nothing more than a truck stop, from what I could tell in our brief stay, so don't expect live entertainment. But, the easy ramps off and on I-5, along with a good supply of fast food restaurants makes it a good place to stay for the night.

"Willow Ranch Restaurant is proprietor owned."

Willow Ranch appears to be the only decent restaurant in town if you don't like eating at Denny's. See the tip concerning this place. The outside is unimpressive, but the inside is comfortable, clean, and well decorated.

"Buttonwillow has a Starbuck's"

A drive through Starbuck's is located right next to the Super Motel 8, across from the TA gas station.

Comments