49500 Seminole Dr.

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Morongo Casino Resort And Spa

Super Bowl at Morongo

by TripAdvisor Member bltserv

So decided to try the Morongo Casino for SuperBowl. Called about a week before and booked. We wanted to try one of the Casitas suites. They have 6 of them outside the main tower. Went ahead and booked a regular king suite for the first night and the Casitas for the second night. Rooms were clean and average for a 4 star. But the Casitas was a real treat. Has a nice private 95 Degree small private pool with the room. Great for a late dip. Clothing not needed as the landscaping has been well designed for each rooms privacy. Bathroom a bit different. Open shower and head. May be an issue for some. Since the room is not in the main building. Nice and private. Very quiet and good size.

We headed to the Spa first night. Hot rock treatment. Worth the money and nice staff. For Superbowl they had a small cover for food and door prizes. $15.00 a head. Good job here. Nice layout. Bar drinks for a fair price. Friendly crowd. Casino is crazy crowded on Saturday night. No way to gamble. Sunday night not too bad. No its not Vegas. But nice to drive for the hour or so from the OC. Desk, Bell and Valet are a solid A. Overall a strong B+. Like all Indian Casino`s
the food is still in need of help. They have a restaurant up top we missed. Closed Sunday night ?? The one downstairs was OK. I would rate this property above my other 2 Indian trips. Pala and Pachanga out in Temecula. Palm Springs at night is much more fun then Temecula.

Stayed at in the Morongo Canyon view Suite and was pleasantly surprised !!

Stayed at the Morongo hotel for 4 days including a Friday and Saturday at the end of Jan. Second visit to Palm springs and after much consideration decided to return to the Morongo.
First time we stayed in one the regular guest rooms.. this time we splurged and stayed in the suites.

Room
Check is was a breeze, it was a 3 Pm check in but I guess with only 32 suites in the hotel we were able to check in right away at 1 pm.

Pros:

This suite is large. It honestly feels like someone's apartment. You walk in and to your right is a large bathroom with sink and toilet and you enter into a large sitting area with a window view of the mountains.The sitting area/living room consists of a table, love seat/couch, and a reading area with a flat screen TV. Very good size. Next you have a entry into the separate room which is were you sleep. 2 small his/her closets with a good size bathroom, his/her sinks, walk in separate shower, separate toilet area and in the middle of the room is a jacuzzi tub for one person/ 2 if you are feeling romantic. Bedroom also has a flat screeen Tv and a window with a view of the mountains.
Room decor is very modern, californian sleek.
Careful with mini bar if you touch you will be paying, the front desk warns you about this part.
Nightly turn over by maids included bottled water and chocolate.

Cons:
During our stay we seemed to notice the noise level /traffic increased on the weekend . Despite staying on the 22nd floor, you can hear the music from the night club downstairs, not sure if it was coming from the vents. It appears alot of people share the room as a group because you certainly can with the size of this room and I am sure they are having a good time, maybe should be expected since it is a casino.
One of the suites was very noisy/loud music and we called the front desk and they sent security up really quickly and resolved the problem.

Service/Security:
You need your room key to access the elevator to your suite room. and you need to show your room key in order to enter the elevators. You feel very safe.

Parking
I believe Valet is included in resort fee but we self parked alot. It can be tough to find spots due to all the casino guests.

Casino.
Casino is smoking and air quality is typical of a Vegas casino. Slots are loose, at least for us. They have a small food court which was open 24 hours.

Pool
It was open but no one was there since you are outside of palm springs, it can be windy out in the desert. It was really cool at night so bring a jacket.

Attractions/Shopping.
The reason we returned to this hotel rather than stay in Palm Springs is because the Cabazon outlet next door has some of the best shopping, great deals from CK,.Gap, Gucci, Hugo Boss, Coach, Kenneth Cole, Timberland, you name they probably have it. and great hours for shopping late too.

bottom line. enjoyed our stay at this hotel. but may not be the best place for a quiet getaway.

Morongo is truly 4 star

by TripAdvisor Member michaelinps

Where do I begin? The rooms are fantastic. Very well appointed with beds to die for and flatscreen TV's. The shower was big enough for two, and made up for the lack of a tub.

We had dinner in the restaurant on the 27th floor. Cielo is mediterranean fare at it's best. The ever-changing artwork, and colorful chandeliers, added to the ambiance, but the main focus was the food and service. Our server Kathy, was very friendly and professional. It was my birthday, and she brought out a cake that was big enough for four. I had the halibut. It was awesome. The risotto that accompanied it was perfectly done. My partner had a Ribeye Steak that was cooked to perfection. This restaurant is not set-up for a quiet romantic dinner, but more a place to celebrate.

The pool complex is also outstanding. I was very impressed with the service there. Our cocktail waitress was very attentive.

All in all, it was a four star experience from check-in to check-out.

Great time at Morongo!

Recently stayed at this hotel over the Memorial holiday...needless to say this place was packed! But if you can ignore the crowd i think this is a great place to go for a quick get away. I traveled w/ my family and we all had a great time.

Best features:
POOL- loved the pool! They have kiddie pool, lazy river, slide, 2 jacuzzi outside and regular pool. My kids had a great time. Go early to get a good spot. The pool gets very crowded and even if you're a staying guest they can turn you down if all the lounge chairs are taken.

ROOM- great room, nice decor, plasma tv, big bathroom but no tub. Standing shower only but it's huge! Can fit at least 3 adults...I only wish they had the heavenly bath showers like they do at Westin hotels. Caution: do not touch the mini bar! if you even move one item you'll automatically get charged. I travelled with 3 kids and had to make sure they can't open the mini fridge. Also you cannot bring "cooler" with you in the room....although they did make an exception for us since we're traveling with 3 kids.

The food was "okay". If you're staying during the holiday they always serve the Champagne brunch which will cost you about $25 per plate. I thought it was a bit pricey for the selections they have. Do get the Winner's club card. It'll save you $5 off the buffet and the card is free. They also have panda express, pizza, burger and hotdog food places inside.

I wanted to try the spa but didn't get a chance to. The massage prices are a bit high.

There's two outlet malls right next door to the hotel, Cabazon outlet and premium outlet. Great stores to shop. Palm springs is i think about 20 mins away...

Overall we really enjoyed our stay. The front desk people weren't very accomodating but the rest of the hotel staff were great. I got a lot of help from them especially when we were at the pool. I would recommend this place to friends!

Great pool, gorgeous rooms, but that's about all

by TripAdvisor Member NY-LA-SF

Great pool and gorgeous rooms, but the food and casino are very very average, so if you want great food and serious gaming, go to Vegas. But if you want a really quick little escape and you can entertain yourselves, it's not bad. Definitely eat at the dinosaur diner down the road. It's not part of Morongo, but has the best from-scratch real truck stop/diner food you've ever had.

great little getaway

by TripAdvisor Member dacubs1955

upon arrival we were ugraded to a suite for an extra 100.00 a night well worth it. jacuzzi tub, lots of room, nice view.
great pool, only down side is the pool bar closed at 6 pm, but room service will come down and serve you. plenty of security, but if you are just having a good time and not bothering anyone they leave you alone. some of the wait staff can work on improving thier attitutes, but when we pointed out a problem mangement took care of it. slots are pretty loose. No alcohol served after 1:30 am, so bring a bottle in your luggage if you want to party all night. All in all it was a good experience and we plan on going again.

Good little casino

by TripAdvisor Member mrodgers

This is a good little casino as Inidian casinos go. THEY HAVE CRAPS!!! Which is not so bad considering normally you'd have to go to Las Vegas to get a craps game, now that said, I've not been able to get to the craps table due to my girlfriend, but that's another story. Overall, the rooms are VERY nice motel rooms, with about 350 sq ft but a beautiful shower. If you're he to sleep, shower and hang out, you're ok, just don't expect much from the path to the rooms, it's very motel-ish.

The casino is great. The pool great too, although it's so [--] windy, it's unbe-[--]-leavable. So, don't come here in early August (maybe we were in an unexpected WIND storm, huh?)

Overall, a good place for the money. Let's see what the casino can do for us next ;)

Didn'T Gamble-Great Little Get Away With Kids

by TripAdvisor Member CANADIAN2006

Our family have been going to Palm Desert for 15 years and we usually stay at the Marriot t Desert Springs. We decided to go to the Morongo Casion because it was closer to the outlet and we did not have to drive the extra 30-40 minutes to the Hotel. The staff are very good from check in to check out a lot more personable than vegas. This hotel could be a 5 star if they improved on the food. We had room service and the buffet and they were ok (not great). The pool is why we came (Lazy River)and it did not disappoint...kids loved it (3,9,13). We were here for three nights and we did one day at the pool (I recommend renting cabana #1 @100.00) and then one day shopping and the last day 1/2 day at the pool. The workout area is excellent (open 24 hours) and was not busy at all. This is not the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, but great for a little get away. The windy conditions were great for August @102 degrees but be careful if below 80 degrees...might be a little cool? For people that like a lot of security at there hotel...this would be the place to stay as there are security everywhere you go. Even at 6:30 am the security came and checked the workout room.

Great place to crash after a night at the Key Club

by TripAdvisor Member Geoggirl

In March 2006, I went to the Morongo to see Nine Inch Nails at the Key Club. Initially I did not want to stay overnight because the rates were a bit high, but convenience won out (especially after staying at the budget alternative the night before).

My experience including many hours of hanging outside of the Key Club prior to the show and then my overnight stay.

The Show
As a fairly big fan of NIN, I arrived (along with many others) many hours before the show. I am not a gambler so never really checked out the games. It seemed like the gaming area was fairly busy most of the time, but the crowd was really booming in the late hours. There was always a very prevalent cloud of smoke. Security seemed to be challenged by the number of fans arriving early - initially we were told to just stand, no resting against the wall and definitely no sitting on the floor. After deciding (hours later) that they probably did not want a bunch of angry fans on their hands, they set up a line where we could relax and sit.

The Key Club is a great venue and it seems like it attracts some fairly high caliber performers. It is a very intimate venue and I don't think there was a bad view anywhere in the club.

The Overnight
I went to the front counter around noon, but my room was not ready - they took my cell number and called me when it was ready which was great! Everyone at the front counter was very gracious.

It was wonderful to be able to crash right after the show - very convenient. The room was great. Very large with a flat screen tv and comfortable king bed. The view from my room was a parking lot - nothing spectacular. As mentioned by others, the bathroom was impressive. The shower was very spacious and the bathroom amenities were quite nice.

I was sorry that I could not enjoy the room more but had to head out early in the morning.

I did check out the pool area but the temperatures in late March were very chilly and it was drizzling so no one was outside.

There is a small area where you can use a computer and equipment for a small fee.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay.

Great!!

by TripAdvisor Member CaryandTeresa

Stayed at Morongo for 1 night on our way to Palm Springs, for $109 night this place is great.
From the valet to the bellman and the front desk, all were very friendly and helpful.
Room was nice, not huge but bright and well done. Comfortable beds, and a nice bathroom. Very clean except for some smudges on the window, no big deal.
Had dinner at their nice restaurant. It was very good, not overly expensive, but the service was a little spotty in the end.
Overall would really recommend Morongo.
The casino personel were friendly and had a sense of humor as well which is always a plus.
A large outlet mall with some upper end stores(burberry, coach, etc.) is close by as well.

outlets

by 75Antonio

hi! Do you know if there is a web page for the morongo outlets near Palm Springs?

Re: outlets

by southofla

I beleive you are looking for the Desert Hills Outlet Center in Cabazon(it is close to the Morongo Casino.

www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=6