Good Nite Inn Calabasas

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 29% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Good Nite Inn Calabasas

They ripped me off

I reserved and paid for a room. I tried to check in late and they didn't give me the room. They offered to give me the room but I would have had to pay for the same room twice. They said it's against their "policy" to let me have the room because I was a "no show." This policy is not found anywhere on their website or in their literature.

Beware of bad service!

The hotel itself is a good budget value-clean and simple. However, I had the clerk from hell when checking in! When I arrived I was told that my reservation was acually two days earlier. I told the clerk, Henry, that there was a mistake and that my reservation was for that night, and that I was on my way to an event in Northern California. Rather than correcting the mistake, Henry proceeded to argue with me and tell me that I had really made the reservation for a Wednesday, then shown up on Friday. How preposterous is that?

He then told me that my card had already been charged, that I would be treated as a walk-in, and I had to pay again. He said I had to talk to a manager the next morning, and "maybe" they would remove the charge. The next morning I went down and asked for a manager. The morning clerk was puzzled, saying no manager was available on Saturday. When I told her what happened she was even more puzzled, and said that the erroneous reservation had been cancelled, and I had only been charged for the one night I had stayed, which is the hotel's policy. Apparently Henry had known all of this at the time.

I also recognized from his accent that he was the one who had made the erroneous reservation. All I can say is he is the most passive-aggressive person I have ever encountered, and though I've used the Good Night Inn as a great transit location in the past (I travel frequently), I will not be back.

will never stay here again.

by TripAdvisor Member thisismyscreenname2

I have stayed at the Good Nite Inn several times over the past few years. Like the other reviews say, it is a clean, good-if-you-only-need-a-place-to-sleep kind of place.

This last time I stayed at the hotel was horrific, however. The first night my faucet drain stopped up at 1 in the morning, and I didn't have wireless Internet access (as had been advertised). After moving to a new room the next day, I still did not have wireless Internet. When I took my computer down to tell the guys downstairs, they proceeded to tell me that it was my fault the Internet didn't work. (I had heard earlier in the day, however, that the Internet was down for someone else as well.) The manager and front desk clerk were SO rude to me.

Not impressed with management at all, but particularly unimpressed with Henry (front-desk clerk). I looked at other reviews here, and I agree - he is a nasty, manipulative, passive-aggressive guy - stay away from him. Better yet, if you don't have to, don't stay at the Good Nite Inn at all. I never will again.

A noisy choice

by TripAdvisor Member 3rdCultureParent

If you're looking for a budget stay off the 101 freeway, this could be your place. The rooms were clean, but very small -- barely big enough for 1 queen size bed. If you stay here, beware of the rooms on the freeway side of the motel. We stayed in a second floor room on the freeway side, and in the morning it sounded like the freeway traffic was driving right through our room. In past stays, the interior rooms were fine, however. We tried to book the property through the "Entertainment guide" website, and they wanted $69. The hotel's website only charged $66, so check around. They advertise this place as "Calabasas - Malibu", but don't believe it -- there is nothing "Malibu" about it. (Malibu is probably 30 miles away, on the other side of the Santa Monica mountains).

Good location, no problems

by TripAdvisor Member Webrarian

Having read both positive and negative reviews on here, I was a bit dubious about booking this motel. However the price and location won me over, and I wasn't disappointed.

Yes - do book an "inside room" overlooking the pool. One near 101 will be much noisier. We had no problems with staff or the room. If you want luxury, then you're going to need to pay luxury prices in this part of the world. If you want a clean room and good location at a very reasonable price, then the Good Nite Inn will do you fine.

We arrived at LAX at 2.30pm which meant that by the time we'd collected our rental car, the traffic on 405 was travelling at 10mph. It would have been much quicker to get to Calabasas by travelling the Pacific Coast Highway (Hwy 1) from LAX, and then up Malibu Canyon Road. We did this several times later in our stay and it was must quicker.

Malibu was about 20 minutes drive down Las Virgenes/Malibu Canyon Road. It's a spectacular drive if you're not from this part of the world and ends you up virtually on the beach at Malibu.

It was OK

by TripAdvisor Member ThePlainsman

This hotel is just OK. The wireless internet access is inconsistent, unstable, even after asking for a room with solid internet access as a work requirement. It's a motel, no more and no less, and if you just need a bed with a few small pillows and tiny rough towels, you'll be fine. If feeling very safe, very comfortable and relaxed are important to you, you might do better elsewhere.

Best Kept Secret

by TripAdvisor Member TXoiler

I first stayed here 2 years ago and found it to be an excellent choice compared to overpriced hotels in the area. I have been coming back ever since. The rooms are clean and the staff is professional, friendly and above all accommodating. The wireless Internet access is a plus.
The location is excellent, right off the freeway. It is close to Malibu beach and within a block to Starbucks, and a couple of restaurants and fast food places. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Sincerely, you can't go wrong here.

It was fine

by TripAdvisor Member Screen_Nameee

We just stayed here for five nights and thought it was fine. The Inn is close to the freeway so it could be noisy, depending on where they put you. But we checked in late (after midnight) and asked for a quiet room and the woman gave us a good room.

Sure, the room and bathroom is small, but we got a great price and were happy with the room. I had to work while there and we had a strong wireless signal the whole time. Staff was pleasant, towels are small, but the room was clean and there is a grocery store and a bunch of fast food places within walking distance. We walked to breakfast. Overall, the Inn served our needs quite well.

Great Value and Location

by TripAdvisor Member hrhlaurie1

We just stayed one night during our visit to CA. There were several of us and they accommodated our request for rooms near each other. The rooms overlooked the pool and were comfortable standard rooms. The carpet in our room was stained but overall it was clean.

We only stayed in them long enough to change clothes to swim, go to the nearby Malibu beach (15 - 20 mins.), and visit the Reagan Library (20 - 25 mins.). It is right on the 101 freeway but we didn't hear much noise. There are restaurants and a Starbucks within walking distance and it we are booking another short visit next month for just two of us.

Interesting fact: Although Calabasas has some strict smoking regulations, this hotel does provide smoking rooms if you need one.

Friendly Staff

by TripAdvisor Member EustisSunshine

I was very impressed with the friendliness of the staff. We had to change our room because it was next to the pool and there were lots of activities with the kids. The staff was very helpful and did not waste any time in moving me. I also needed help with directions and finding a chinese restaurant. Each time, I dealt with a different staff and all of them were warm and extremely helpful.
Calabrasas is a charming city. HOtel conveniently located to Albertson's supermarket, Starbucks and other food locations.

Try to get an inside room as the outside rooms will be noisy from the traffic on the highway.

Hotel has a cute little court-yard. Rooms, however, are very, very basic. Although, we had four comfortable, restful nights. If you are looking for well-appointed rooms, then that is not the place to go. If you don't plan on spending too much time in your room, then you should be OK.

Hotel is very close to Pepperdine University which was our reason for staying there.

Ranger Hat CakeRanger Hat Cake

Grazing mule deer at PepperdineGrazing mule deer at Pepperdine

Neighborly Road RunnerNeighborly Road Runner

Our local sushi spotOur local sushi spot

Comments