Chateau de Vie Bed and Breakfast

3250 Hwy. 128, Calistoga, California, 94515, United States

More about Chateau de Vie Bed and Breakfast

Top Notch B&B

by TripAdvisor Member LCovert

Our group had a wonderful experience at Phillip's and Peter's Chateau de Vie. The entire experience can be summed up as beautiful, comfortable, charming and delicious.

Peter is a master in the kitchen, sharing with us beautiful and scrumptious breakfasts. His scones are to die for and be sure to ask for the eggs benedict. Phillip is a gem, always available to recommend restaurants, wineries and out of the way treasures. Jake, the property pet, is a cutie.

The rooms are comfortable and full of charm and the delivered morning coffee is a treat. The outdoor seating area is the best - great space for afternoon wine and cheese, conversation and relaxation. The grounds offer plenty of space to chat with other guests or get away for some much needed "alone time".

We thorough enjoyed our stay at the Chateau de Vie and highly recommend it for future travelers.

Our favorite B & B!

by TripAdvisor Member dnavarra57

We have been staying in Bed and Breakfasts for about 24 years now, and by far Chateau De Vie is our most favorite!
The inn has four beautiful, clean rooms each with a private bath.
They have just built a private room in a "carriage house" on the property, and it too is just gorgeous.
You can relax at anytime of the day and have wine or beverages available to you. Also, they have cheese/crackers and other snacks in the afternoon to satisfy any hunger. You can enjoy the hot tub and swimming pool on the property. We love to go in the hot tub in the evening and relax under the stars.
The inn is located on a gorgeous parcel of land complete with a vineyard.
In the mornings, there is a full breakfast served on the deck, (weather permitting) or in the dining room. On our last visit, we had homemade scones, fresh brewed coffee, orange juice, prossciutto wrapped asparagus topped with 2 eggs and fresh fruit. It was delicious! The owners are wonderful and do everything to make our stay as comfortable as possible. We highly recommend Chateau De Vie.

A Little Slice of Heaven!

by TripAdvisor Member SKatzMeow

We just returned from a 10 day trip to California, spending 3 of those days at Chateau de Vie. I now wish we had spent all 10 days there!

Phillip and Peter are warm and welcoming. They are two very gifted and talented individuals who have channeled those gifts and created what I believe to be the ultimate in a Bed and Breakfast experience. The setting is magnificent! Imagine sitting on a beautiful deck under a gorgeous shady tree, sipping delicious wine, listening to lovely, soft music and the splashing of a fountain while gazing at the vineyard which is surrounded by breathtaking mountains. Ahhhhh......this is indeed my new "happy place"!

Classy, understated, elegegant, yet warm, comfortable and homey. The beds, the sheets, the robes....yummy! The breakfasts and afternoon hors deuvres....superb!

We stayed in the carriage house which is just fabulous. Private and romantic. The fireplace and flat screen t.v. are an added bonus as are the wet bar and mini fridge.

I could go on and on here but let it suffice to say that we will most definitely return to Chateau de Vie. Thanks again Phillip and Peter!
Sheri Katz

couldn't have asked for more

by TripAdvisor Member JLL30

Our stay at Chateau De Vie was everything we were looking for. First of all, it was a challenge finding a B&B that was not dressed in the Victorian Era. The furnishings are modern, the grounds are beautiful, Philip and Peter make your stay perfect and are always a step ahead of you. Our view from the second story window was of the surrounding vineyards with morning sun basking the bed on it's rising. The robes are plush and cozy. The breakfast was delicious. Our first morning we were started off with homemade lemon and raisan scones, orange juice and coffee. Next was Philip's version of Green Eggs and Ham. It was poached eggs over fresh toasted bread with homemade pesto and prosciutto, as well as some fresh fruit. All this sitting on the deck in the sun. Breakfast is brought out to you whenever you're awake and ready. Wine is always available and the evening hor dourves consisted of many cheeses, fruit, olives and homemade sundried tomato and olive pesto...Yum! The atmosphere was very relaxing as well as the hot tub. They were very helpful and knowledgable about suggestions of local attractions. All said and done, I would go back for sure.

Simply Lovely

by TripAdvisor Member tashabella

Where do I began...My husband and I just returned from the Chateau where our weekend was more than we dreamed of! The grounds are lovely, the "carriage" house is where we stayed at the Chateau, your own little hideaway at this beautiful place. From the moment we arrived, we felt very much at home and Phillip and Peter are just wonderful people and know how to truly take care of their guests. They were very helpful in selecting resturants and we were more than pleased with their suggestions. Phillip, this morning I'm missing your wonderful "breakfast" if you want to call it that, it's so much more than breakfast....Peter, thanks so much for taking our picture for us Saturday night before we deprted for dinner..I thought of you when I was looking at our pictures today..YOU are a dear. I have some advice for all..DON'T stay anywhere else..The Chateau de Vie has it all, it's so much more than a B&B, it's an experience you will not want to miss...
Thanks again Phillip and Peter!
Marilyn

Everything & More

by TripAdvisor Member DoinTricks

I had originally searched TA and found another B&B in the area that I wanted to visit, the Chanric Inn. They were closed for remodel, but recommended Chateau de Vie. I am very pleased we accepted their recommendation. CdV is an older home with three rooms in the main house and a carriage cottage adjacent to the main house. There is a pool and Jacuzzi located in the back, beautifully designed to face the eastern hillsides with a vineyard planted just a stone's throw away. The weather did not permit us to use the pool or Jacuzzi, but had it been better we certainly would have. The rooms are well appointed, very comfortable, without a phone or television - a nice detachment from those things that would disturb a proper get-a-way. Room windows face the vinyards. There is a television and phone available in the main sitting area; the television is carefully stowed away should a guest choose not to use it. The sitting area is very comfortable, with two large love seats facing each other perpendicular to a large fireplace. The dining room is where everyone meets for breakfast. The proprietors, Philip and Peter, will ask what you want for breakfast. Initially, I said anything will be fine. Philip pushed for something more tangible, so I replied, How about eggs Benedict? That morning I joked with my wife that I should have made it a little harder and suggested eggs Florentine. The joke was on me though when Philip served us a beautiful combination of both, substituting the bacon on a Benedict with prosciutto and serving it Florentine. Coffee and tea are available promptly at 8 AM. Breakfast served at 9 AM, or whenever you are ready for it. Cheese (really good cheese), wine, and cut fresh fruit are always available at 5 PM for a social hour. True French style. Everytime we prepared to depart for a restaurant or winery, Philip always had a printed copy from Mapquest on how to get there. I could not have expected better attention. My room was $260 per night. I would have paid more for the experience. I plan to return.

Special and Scenic

by TripAdvisor Member jjhahn

We had heard from friends that they enjoyed this excellent bed and breakfast place in the Napa Valley. We found it to be a perfect weekend retreat -- a beautiful property with charming rooms and gorgeous grounds. It is also conveniently located near wineries and restaurants. The owners are gracious and informative, and we loved the breakfasts, which were prepared by someone with obvious culinary talent.

FABULOUS !!

by TripAdvisor Member rrbdrb

We returned from our fantastic stay at CDV. We had planned our week long trip for many many months and when we discovered the Inn on Trip Advisor we knew this was where we wanted to stay. This was our first stay at an Inn; and we were concerned that we wouldn't have the privacy we wanted. Nothing was further from reality. Phillip and Peter are charming, warm and inviting not the least bit intrusive. We were lucky enough to stay our first night on the third floor with the most comfortable bed we have ever slept on. Our next three nights we were moved to the cottage. Thanks to Peter's wonderful craftmanship and Phillip fabulous flair for design and asthetics the cottage is a sanctuary. It rained more than we had expected and the fireplace in the cottage made us forget the rain. We had a fantastic trip thanks to CDV and Peter and Phillip. They helped with directions, restaurant confirmations as well as reservations. We felted truly blessed to have spent time at their lovely home, and hope to return next year.

Beyond my wildest dreams

by TripAdvisor Member catzzzmeow

We stayed for 3 nights at this wonderful Inn. It was beyond my wildest dreams in every way. The property is beautiful, the breakfasts like no other and Phillip and Peter made you feel so special.

It was the personnal touch by Phillip that was spectatular and his attention to detail and concern for making all guests happy was extraordinary.

We enjoyed the jacuzzi and pool as well as snuggling up in our robes. The night Phillip sat out and talked with all of us was so much fun. Thank you for a memorable time.

Patti

If anyone has questions or wants pics feel free to ask

Heaven

by TripAdvisor Member hoosier60

This was a fabulous bed and breakfast! Peter and Philip have thought of every detail to make this heaven . We had snow white, fluffy, awesome smelling robes and slippers in our room. The house was kept immaculate in it's simplistic decorating style. It was so comfortable. The view of the vineyard and the mountains were so picturesque. Philip goes above and beyond in the kitchen. Breafast could be a cover for Gourmet magazine! Homemade granola with yogurt and fresh strawberries were just the starter for a wonderful breakfast. We did not want to leave and we are looking forward to going back.

Set of Original 1830's GrindstonesSet of Original 1830's Grindstones

Bale Grist Mill State Historic Park, Calistoga, USBale Grist Mill State Historic Park, Calistoga, US

Old Faithful, Calistoga, USOld Faithful, Calistoga, US