Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa

Tags

Wine Tasting Spa and Resort
See Amenities

STAFF STEALS!! DON'T GO!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 20, 2007

On a recent trip to the Golden Haven Hot Springs my friend's brand new digital camera was stolen. Management was not attentive to the situation and did not offer any solution. We were absolutely disgusted with the way everything was handled.

I would NOT recommend this spa. There are plenty of other Spas/Hotels in Calistoga that deserve your business.

Mud Bath is worth it!

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 19, 2007

This was a "you get what you pay for" kind of place. For $200, we got a night in the motel + a couples mud bath (separate baths/tubs, but in the same room). The motel room was spartan but clean, certainly nothing fancy - but acceptable.

Unique Quality: The mud baths are the thing here. No sense staying here if you aren't doing the mud bath.

squidly2's Profile Photo

Not as inexpensive as I hoped...

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 29, 2006

My husband and I stayed here in Nov 2005. I was looking for an inexpensive place to stay so we could spend some money on wine. They were out of $99 rooms for the weekend, so we ended up with a $149 room with vaulted ceiling, king bed and kitchenette. The room was really nice. To stay there on a weekend you have to sign up for a spa treatment. We did the mud bath and half hour massage. I thought the mud bath was too hot and very gimmicky. The massage was good. I had a coupon from their website, but they herded us through the front office so quickly I forgot to give it to them, and thye wouldn't take it later. So somehow my bill for 2 nights and 2 treatments ended up at $550. I didn't even get an itemized listing of costs. A bed and breakfast probably would have been a cheaper choice after all.

Unique Quality: The swimming pool is heated by a hot spring. The water isn't very clear, but the temperature is sooo nice!

Nearby Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa

• Wheelchair Accessible
  • Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet

Calistoga Travel Forum

Need advice about Calistoga, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Calistoga and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Calistoga hotel reviews