1713 Lake St., Calistoga, California, 94515, United States

• STAFF STEALS!! DON'T GO!

On a recent trip to the Golden Haven Hot Springs my friend's brand new digital camera was stolen. Management was not attentive to the situation and did not offer any solution. We were absolutely disgusted with the way everything was handled.

I would NOT recommend this spa. There are plenty of other Spas/Hotels in Calistoga that deserve your business.

• Mud Bath is worth it!

This was a "you get what you pay for" kind of place. For $200, we got a night in the motel + a couples mud bath (separate baths/tubs, but in the same room). The motel room was spartan but clean, certainly nothing fancy - but acceptable.

Unique Quality: The mud baths are the thing here. No sense staying here if you aren't doing the mud bath.

• squidly2's Profile Photo

Not as inexpensive as I hoped...

My husband and I stayed here in Nov 2005. I was looking for an inexpensive place to stay so we could spend some money on wine. They were out of $99 rooms for the weekend, so we ended up with a $149 room with vaulted ceiling, king bed and kitchenette. The room was really nice. To stay there on a weekend you have to sign up for a spa treatment. We did the mud bath and half hour massage. I thought the mud bath was too hot and very gimmicky. The massage was good. I had a coupon from their website, but they herded us through the front office so quickly I forgot to give it to them, and thye wouldn't take it later. So somehow my bill for 2 nights and 2 treatments ended up at $550. I didn't even get an itemized listing of costs. A bed and breakfast probably would have been a cheaper choice after all.

Unique Quality: The swimming pool is heated by a hot spring. The water isn't very clear, but the temperature is sooo nice!

More about Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa

Golden Haven, Fruit of the Vine

Golden Haven Hot Springs and Spa is a real gem! The accommodations are first rate--our room with an inviting french door entryway, was spacious, attractively furnished, and charming. The mini fridge and microwave are an added plus for those planning a longer stay. The pool and spa are very inviting and the property is nicely landscaped with oversized, colorful planters, fountains and seating areas. We loved the spa treatment, a first for us! The mud bath, mineral soak, and wrap was a luxurious experience. Staff is knowledgable and friendly. Our attendant, Jose, was very professional and made us feel pampered and well taken care of. Golden Haven will always be included in our Napa Valley getaways.

YUCK -unless you want trailer park trash atmosphere

by TripAdvisor Member Tim_and_Cat

My husband & I stayed here for our anniversary. Definitely a HUGE disappointment. As soon as we pulled onto the street, YUCK and OH NO were the first words out of our mouths! The "spa" is in the middle of a poorly kept residential neighborhood. The translucent window in the bedroom opened up to the side yard of a next door neighbor that was strewn with litter, random debris, tires etc. It looked literally like a dump. The decor is cheap. Even the spa, we only truly enjoyed the massage (the mud bath room was old looking) & you don't need to stay at a place like this to get a good massage in Calistoga.

A Golden Secret in Calistoga

As a San Francisco local, I pride myself in knowing the best, little, great places in the Bay Area. Many off the main tourist track. Golden Haven Hot Springs (GHHS) is such a place. I've been going there for years and am so pleased to see the ongoing improvements. GHHS used to be "funky" but now I call it beautiful. Clean, comfortable facilities, inviting gardens, easy parking and friendly staff. Their "couples" mud bath can't be beat!

OK, but...

I've stayed at Golden Haven a few times in the past. Wasn't overtly impressed, especially with those prices. Had a facial there about a year ago; the experience was strange. I had little bits of honey sticking to me afterwards. But I can attest to the shoddy surroundings and the unprofessionalism of the staff. I could blame the loud talking to the customers (especially the ones that have been wine tasting), but found it was usually the staff!

Strange enough, the best spa experience I've had is from their sister-spa (if that's a word) at Lincoln Avenue Spa. It's just down the street! The staff are warm and professional and have female attendants that knock before they enter the room, not to mention leave you alone to shower. They don't have the mud baths, but they have a niftier alternative called a mud wrap. They also have a side by side steam table for couples. (Check out their website! lincolnavenuespa) I used to live in the East Bay and had to trek to make it to Lincoln Avenue. Now I live 30-minutes away and it's tough not to come here every weekend.

What a relaxing place !!

Wow !! What a nice and relaxing place. Our room was very cozy & clean and the spa treatments were simply heaven !!! My husband and I enjoyed experiencing this together soooo much. We can't wait to come back.
We heard aboout Golden Haven from a friend, She told us to go online to view the "internet" deals.....and what deals they have. I did check out others in Calistoga but they were quite pricey (and you get less). Golden Haven is not on the main street but it is within walking distance. We walked to dinner later that evening and enjoyed the Calistoga atmosphere.

It was my husbands first time in a mud bath... and he found it very enjoyable.

Our spa treatment started with a 10 minute mud bath (and that is exactly that...hot mud in a bath...) Then, after showering off we soaked in a mineral jacuzzi, sipping on cold lemony ice water, just enjoying each others company. Ater that we were lead into a room (for 2) to be wrapped up in a wooly blanket to slowly cool off. Ending our day at "the spa" we had an hour massage in a room for 2!!! AHHHH ...heaven, the hour flew by and we were very relaxed and rejuvinated The staff was so considerate... and helpful. (They even placed a call to the movie theater to see about show times for us.) Fawn, Kim and Gloria we thank you, our 24 hour stay seemed like a week, honestly!! I would recommend strongly Golden Haven to anyone looking for an absolutely awesome experience! (Be sure to visit their website and use the internet coupons)....what great deals you can find there.

One of our favorite places

We have been staying at Golden Haven for over fourteen years. We have enjoyed every visit there. The rooms are very clean and spacious, and they provide a refrigerator,microwave, coffee pot, ,color tv, a comfortable bed and great pillows.

The indoor pool, and hot tub are always a treat.
We have also had many massages and spa treatments, the staff is very competent and professional.

The landscaping and grounds are great and kept up very well, and it is located in a quiet area off the main streets...We would recommend the golden Haven to anyone who visits Calistoga.

Fantastic!

I was quite impressed with Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa and Resort for many reasons. My room which had a hot tub and vaulted ceiling was immaculately clean and in over excellent condition. I checked-in in the early evening and the receptionist, Alma, was very kind and helpful. All of her tips and suggestions whether where to eat in Calistoga or what wineries to visit, depending on what you are looking for, were greatly helpful and I got exactly what I was looking for from her suggestions. I did not have any time to enjoy any of the spa services, but they seemed to be really wonderful.
Before finding Golden Haven my husband and another couple checked out some of the places in town before deciding on where to stayand we were so extremely pleased that we ended up at Golden Haven. One of the owners, Barry, with whom I spoke with the following day, was just as helpful and nice as Alma. I could only stay one night, but my suggestion is to stay at least two nights and really enjoy the setting and services! I will certainly be back!

Maria from NJ and Vienna