Bella Capri Inn / Old Town Cafe

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 72 reviews
Booking.com Hotels.com
malecon's Profile Photo

New ownership plans major upgrade

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 22, 2008

This motel has both low rates and excellent location. I've been staying there for the better part of four years and have never had a problem or a complaint. I've been quiet about my enthusiasm over this motel lest I give away a good secret.

The rooms are small but clean. The Indian family that ran it were nice and rewarded me with their kindness for my patronizing their establishment. They renovated the motel prior to my discovery and the accommodations were more than adequate for the weary traveler. I've seen many families stay there as well. Any downgrade would have prevented me from staying there and any upgrade would have outpriced me.

All that is changing with the new owners. A change for the better for this landmark motel. They will completely remodel the old motel into a boutique hotel with bistro, excersize room, and massage service.

Unique Quality: The motel will get a second life as a boutique hotel and the new owners have all the support of the city and police. They will take the unique features of the motel and make them even more attractive.

When they are done the center courtyard will resemble an elegant garden. The rooms will be first class and please the most discretionary guest.

The name will change to Courtyard Inn when the job is completed. When completed it will only vaguelly resemble the old motel. Balconies will be enlarged and added, suites created, the courtyard will be cobblestone in look, and beautiful vines and flowers will grace the parking area.

I have spoken to one of the new owners and she definately appreciates the qualities of the existing structure but has a vision to do a complete conversion.

While I've enjoyed staying here over the years I look forward to seeing the completed project. It goes without mention that there will be a rate increase. But whether that will prevent me from staying will have to be seen. I do know a good thing is being made better and that is the way it should be. I guess the secret is out.

Directions: From US 101 take the Carmen exit and go west. Hang a left on E. Ventura Blvd.

Nearby Bella Capri Inn / Old Town Cafe

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Free High Speed Internet

Camarillo Travel Forum

Need advice about Camarillo, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Camarillo and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Camarillo hotel reviews