2618 Main Street, Cambria, California, 93428, United States

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 31% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• tvdandy's Profile Photo

Great deal in paradise

This is a lovely Inn located in the heart of the village of Cambria. A great bargain rate for such an awesome location. You are steps from the heart of downtown with all the wonderful shops, galleries and restaurants, as well as just across Moonstone Beach. The owners are very friendly and accomadating. The place is very clean as well.

Directions: Just off of Highway 1, look for the exit signs for Main St. in Cambria.

• kayleigh06's Profile Photo

Nice little hotel

When we got to Cambria, we had a problem trying to get somewhere to stay over night as the other end of Main Street was too busy and full up.

So as we kept driving, we came across this small place, which was taking vacancies, and we decidded to stay here. When we got here, we had a room, which was of decent size (considering the place looked so small) and it was in a quieter end of town with a few bars not too far from the hotel.

Unique Quality: If you are looking for a pool, then this place is not for you. it never had breakfast. It was literally a bed, shower, sink, TV in a room.

If you aren't looking for everything in a room, for a good price then this is a good place for you too stay.

More about Creekside Inn

Avoid Room 22

by TripAdvisor Member sandid

I contacted the hotel directly for a room because we were traveling with a dog and they have specific pet rooms. The owner told me he had two pet rooms available and told me I would be happiest with a room with two beds and a view. The room was on the second floor and was very basic. The problem was the heater. When it went off or on it made a very loud metal clanging noise. It woke us up and my dog was terrified. In order to get any sleep, we had to turn it off and it was cold that night. When my husband told the owner about the problem the next morning, he was aware of it. I can't believe he put us in that room when he knew about the noise because a person would have to be a very deep sleeper for it not to wake them.

Friendly Owners

by TripAdvisor Member Scarlettbob

I just love this place and it is my home away from home now. Any problems I had were resolved when I opened my mouth and asked. Loved the sound of the creek and the country view. I am not telling you my favorite room so you'll book it up and I won't get the chance. It would get an excellent if the bedding was upgraded and pillow-topped. PLEASE think about that you guys! Till next time...CM

Hospitality makes up for modest rooms

by TripAdvisor Member NYCbacktoLAhooray

Excellent location, about 15 minutes to Hearst Castle, and easy to find. Beautiful view from the private back balcony - lovely country with the sounds of water rushing below from the creek.

Rooms are nothing like Hearst Castle, and maybe suffer from the comparison, but very very clean and comfortable, and the heater worked quietly and perfectly to keep the temp right over the chilly night.

Pets are actually welcomed here, and the innkeepers just could not be any nicer - very warm and willing to help with anything and everything, including tips for pet needs.

Clean and quiet. Great location.

by TripAdvisor Member dbm82705

My wife and I just returned from a one night stay at the Creekside Inn. (We were visiting the central coast to take my mom to Hearst Castle.) Upon arriving at the Inn, we were greeting by the very friendly owner. He quickly checked my wife and I into one of the creek view rooms with a king bed, and my mom into one of the smaller rooms with a queen bed. He also offered us a great suggestion for dinner - The Sow's Ear - and their coffee crusted kobe top sirloin (which was awesome).

I can't speak for my mom's room, but the king room was perfect for my wife and I...and the view of the hills was terrific. The room was spacious and very clean. My only two complaints would have to be the bed and the thin walls. As another reviewer noted, an upgrade in new mattresses and pillows would be helpful. As for the walls, we were awoken at 4am by the group next door that must have just checked in. Not sure why they waited until 4am to check-in...but they quieted down pretty quickly.

Overall, I would definitely recommend the Creekside Inn for those looking for an economical, clean place to stay. The location is great, too...only a few blocks from all of the shops/restaurants in downtown.

Convenience, Comfort and Value

by TripAdvisor Member TravelinFool24

Easy to reserve and coordinate a very late arrival as well as pet needs - owners are very friendly, outgoing and gracious. Accommodations were warm, clean, comfortable and a very good value. Location was terrific - easy access shortly off the highway while still convenient to walk into town in the morning and explore shops, galleries and restaurants. Highly recommend and would definitely stay there again. Thanks!

Nice Little Inn

by TripAdvisor Member Genevax

Yep - I agree with a previous reviewer. Thin walls - but I usually bring ear plugs while travelling.

New beds with pillow tops and some fluffy pillows would be a great compliment to this great little inn.

The ambiance is beautiful and peaceful, friendly staff.

We were a walk-up and able to book the last room with (2) queen beds. Yahoo!

We ate at the Sea Chest at Moonstone Beach. Mmm, Mmmmm....

Great ambience

by TripAdvisor Member happytravQueensland

We have just returned from a month long vacation touring around America. We stumbled across the fantastic little motel by accident. Our stay ended up being one of most enjoyable of the whole trip. Our hosts were absolutely fantastic with the lovely quaint rooms and great local knowledge that allowed us to maximise the things we were able to see in Cambria. We enjoyed that much that we extented our stay. Happy travelling and the Creekside Inn is a must stay if you are looking for a nice, clean and very freindly place to stay next time your calling through Cambria, California. Gary & Melanie. Gold Coast, Queensland Austraila.

Poor Service Hotel or Orbitz

by TripAdvisor Member Yamesbigfish

So we are invited to a last minute party in Cambria and make reservations on line with Orbitz for a one stay at the Creekside for a Saturday night. Reservations were made early Friday morning.

Within an hour of making the reservations, party is canceled due to a health emergency. We call Orbitz immediately and cancel the reservations, with a confirmation from them and that no charge will be assessed.

Credit card bill comes in and full night charge shows for the Creekside.

Two phone calls, one to Orbitz and one to the Hotel to ask them to clean up the error.

Hotel denies they ever received the cancellation from Orbitz, Orbitz says they sent it and we have to deal with the hotel.

From a consumer standpoint, I can't recommend this hotel. No responsibility taken by either company.

Comments