Olallieberry Inn

Olallieberry Inn
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

• jslowboat's Profile Photo

Total charm

I'm local, but I like to try a lot of the local establishments so I can recommend to friends. I fell in love with the Olallieberry Inn. Each room is so charming, comfortable beds and the hospitality is second to none. Actually the best part is breakfast! It was great to socialize with other guests over wine in the afternoon, too. This is a great place to stay and explore the central coast.

Unique Quality: Great food, comfortable beds, no TVs. A true B & B. Lovely garden out back. Very peaceful.

Directions: Cambria's East Village, just a block from restaurants and shopping

More about Olallieberry Inn

Love the Olallieberry Inn

by TripAdvisor Member TerryNeal

A great two nights at the Olallieberry Inn! Large comfortable contemporary rooms, along with excellent breakfast each day and warm, friendly, hospitalable hosts. Lovely, open patio garden area that lends itself greatly to guest interaction during social hour. The provided appetizers and beverages were excellent. The inn is located just 4-6 blocks from 3-4 very nice fine dining restaurants that had very reasonable prices ($18-$25). Cambria is located just 10 miles from Hearst Castle.

Loved the Olallieberry Inn

by TripAdvisor Member ffurtaw

This was our fourth visit to the Olallieberry Inn. It was like coming home. We have now stayed in almost every room and they have all been splendid. The food as always was incredible. They serve wine and hors d'oeuvres in the evening and the most fabulous breakfast I've ever eaten. The inn keepers treat you like you are family and are a pleasure to converse with. Upon request they can provide specialty items such as flowers, champagne, etc. waiting in your room on arrival. The gardens are gorgeous and you can spend hours sitting on the patio listening to the birds and the creek. I would recommend this beautiful inn to everyone.

The Olallieberry Inn - A Bed & Breakfast to remember....

by TripAdvisor Member HuntsUnlimited

My husband and I have been guests at the Olallieberry Inn in beautiful Cambria, California for 25 years. Whenever we feel like we need to getaway from everyday life, we take the 3 hour trip up the beautiful California coast and go to the place where we can relax, have a good time, eat delicious food and meet new friends. We also get to see old friends. The Inn keepers, Marjorie, Larry and Marilyn are the most gracious hosts. They will suggest activities and restaurants, make dinner reservations, arrange for a massage, make special arrangements for parties or special occasions.

One of the most important things about a Bed and Breakfast is the breakfast. Fresh OJ, homemade breads and scones, beautiful egg dishes, homemade salsas and lots more. They prepare their meals with so much love.....and you can taste it all. They also serve fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, appetizers and wine in the afternoon. I've adopted many of their recipes for my own home parties because they are so delicious. It's a great time to get to know the other guests and hear their stories of the day.

The house itself is old and beautiful. It's been kept up and improved but the charm of the original early 1900 home is always maintained. The gardens are a joy to stroll through. Many unusual plans flourish in the comfortable Cambria weather. There are little surprises everywhere.

The bathrooms in the old house could use some updating and I understand that is in the works.

All in all we highly recommend this jewel of a place in a town that let's you enjoy life.

Absolutely Wonderful !!!!

by TripAdvisor Member emg5soccer92

The Olallieberry Inn was a wonderful place to stay! The people are very friendly and hospitable. The antique furnishings add charm to this quaint B&B. Most of all the breakfast is amazing! Homemade gourmet breakfasts every morning! They are delicious! Olallieberry Inn is most certainly the best choice in the Cambria area.

The Only Place to Stay in Cambria!

by TripAdvisor Member violinplayer

My husband Tom and I stayed at The Olallieberry Inn on July 16 and we wished we could have stayed longer. It was our first time at a bed and breakfast and we weren't disappointed. The inn is beautiful, charming and we felt right at home. Our room was the Sunrise and as well as being a beautiful room, the bed was unbelievably comfortable! The breakfast was outstanding, (Larry is a fabulous chef) the cookies are yummy and we enjoyed chatting with the other guests. We have nothing but praise for the staff and services. Thank you Larry, Marjorie and Marilyn so much for making our first B&B experience memorable and we have already told all our family and friends to stay at your inn! We look forward to visiting Cambria and the Olallieberry again soon!

Warm hospitality in Cambria

by TripAdvisor Member researchap

The innkeepers and their staff went out of their way to provide us with a warm, hospitable stay at their inn. We were greeted with a birthday cake for my husband. In making dinner reservations at the Sow's Ear, the staff surprised us by letting the restaurant know that we were celebrating a birthday. Marjorie went out of her way to make everyone feel welcome, learning and remembering our names. Larry and Dirk's breakfasts were outstanding, as were the wine and hors d'ouvres served in the evening. Be sure to bring home a copy of their cookbook. We chose the Sunrise room in the adjacent cottage -it was a very comfortable room, with a creekside deck. There are chairs in the garden area by the creek for relaxing as well. The inn is within walking distance of many good restaurants and the shops of the East Village. For a stay in Cambria, this is top-notch.

Very Cozy!

We recently got back from two nights at the Ollalieberry Inn. We had a wonderful experience....great food, wonderful guests and terrific hosts. The only think I regret was not scheduling a massage. I heard they were wonderful and not very expensive! The breakfasts were excellent, which included delicious homemade cinnamon rolls. There were 2 different scheduled breakfast seatings, so we took the later one at 9:15, which gave us a chance to run/walk down at the boardwalk at Moonstone Beach. They have a great afternoon wine and appetizer selection, which we enjoyed on their large back porch overlooking a beautiful area. While we were there, they were painting the Inn, which was no problem at all, yet they showered us with regrets and gifts to make up for it. Although not necessary, a very nice touch. The painting was almost complete when we left. I would definately go back again not only for the wonderful hospitality, but for the great location of the Inn as well!

Quaint, Cozy, Comfortable, and Scrumptious

I have stayed at some wonderful B&Bs in places like Charleston, Boston, the UK, etc. But this one tops them all for the sheer warmth of the hospitality and the excellence of the food. Most of the people who stayed our week left with one of the Inn's cookbooks. We were traveling with a child and the Inn is positively child-friendly. The rooms are quaint, cozy, and comfortable. Warm brie and wine in the garden in the evening, cocoa and cookies for the child, and cranberry souffle in the morning. It was a treat.

Really nice!

by TripAdvisor Member ABT

We stayed at the Inn for two nights while attending a wedding at Ragged Point, 15 miles up the coast. The staff was great and the breakfast was terrific. Plenty of food and really delicious. We got recommendations on wineries in Paso Robles, and even some free tasting coupons! The room was nice, a little worn and a little to much lace, but overall clean and comfortable. (Although we thought the tip envelope was slightly tacky.) The one unfortunate part was the bathroom situation. Although we were made aware of this situation before we booked the room, in order to reach our bathroom, we had to walk down the hall and into the breakfast area. We also had to keep it locked. We were provided with bathrobes, but needless to say, it was slightly awkward and somewhat annoying. If I stayed here again (which I would) I would get a room with a bathroom inside the room. I would also make sure I was around for wine and hors d'oeurves, which I'm sorry we missed.

Comments