6450 Carlsbad Blvd, Carlsbad, California, 92011, United States

Orbitz.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Costs 55% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Great Beach Hotel

Across the street from beach - a short climb down, but we had beautiful walks on the beach every morning. Hotel also has a free shuttle to any restaurant / shopping in the immediate area. We had a great dinner with drinks and only had to call our driver to come and get us when we were ready to come home. I will definitely stay here again.

• Ken_Weaver's Profile Photo

One of the Best Hotels in Carlsbad

I stayed in the Carlsbad Hilton Garden Inn for 4 months early in 2004. I was particularly impressed with the front desk service. I believe that 7 of the 10 front desk employees at that time had worked at Disneyworld or Disneyland. They were always anticipating my needs and quick to response to any they didnt. The house keeping staff was excellent and the facilities were always in order through the hotel.

Unique Quality: During the time that I was staying there, they had music on the patio on weekends during the early evening. The Spanish decor of the hotel was very romantic. The gardens were very carely tended. But most impressive was the location of the hotel- literally across the street from the Pacific Ocean. I seldom missed a sunset and they were all different!
    I could go to sleep each night with the windows open and hear the surf crashing on the beach!

I seldom drove at night. The van driver would take me into town every night and pick me up when I was ready to return to the hotel.

The restaurant was okay but not up to the quality of the rest of the operation.

Directions: South of the Village of Carlsbad

More about Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach

bad experience

by TripAdvisor Member Trey33

I had a terrible experience. A huge party took place next door to my room. There were so many people that they were overflowing into the hallway. They were incredibly loud. At midnight I had enough so I called the front desk. They came and cleared the hallway but the party continued on. My wife, and I with two young kids that could not sleep the whole night. I called again at 1 am. Somebody came to talk to the people in the room but didn't do very much because the party continued. Twice I had drunken people banging on my door at around 2 am and 3 am because they had the wrong room. I looked outside and they were all coming through a back door propped open by a chair. With no sleep and my kids crying the whole night I had to face a 8 hour drive the next morning. I got one night free, but the way the staff handled the situation was very poor. Instead of allowing the party to continue the whole night they should have taken into consideration all the guests who were staying in the the vicinity and threw out all the party people for violating hotel policy.

Very nice and practical

by TripAdvisor Member almightyk

We are hotel snobs, but really liked this hotel. Perfectly modern, clean and efficent. Plus the staff were warm and friendly. Used the pool with the kids and enjoyed the CA weather. The free shuttle within 5 miles was a convient plus. They brought us out to dinner and to the outlet malls! Very cute place.
Would def. return again!

Cant wait to come back

Found the hotel by driving down the coast.. We saw the Hilton right there across the street from the beach and what a find it was... We cant wait to go back.. The staff is wonderful, the hotel and its ground are beauitful and very well taken care of.. the food is tasty and most important the staff cant do enough for you... If you are looking for the perfect place to stay when visiting Carlsbad, or looking just to get away, this is the place... Everything was perfect... Great place...

best hotel ever!

We have stayed at so many hotels and this hotel is by far the best service we have ever encountered!
We stayed over Thanksgiving holidays and honestly expected alot of oversight of customer service due to holidays and over abundance of people. This was absolutely not the case.
We have stayed in many 5 star hotels and have never received such great service as this hotel.
All the way down to knowing our names when we entered the lobby and asking if they could get anything for us. I simply called the front desk when we got there to find out where the vending machine was and they explained but asked if there was something I needed. I indicated I just wanted some bottled water. They said no problem it's on it's way. Sounds like a small thing but anytime we've asked for anything in any hotel we are waiting forever for it arrive...we had it within 5 minutes no joke!
OUr accomodations were great and when our room we reserved was not available they quickly upgraded our room to meet our needs.
Next time we are in Carlsbad we will always choose this hotel.
It's also very convenient to the beach, directly across the street.
WONDERFUL

Great hotel and staff

by TripAdvisor Member terra01

We enjoyed this very convenient hotel in North San Diego County for six nights during the Christmas holiday. From the smiling friendly staff at the front desk upon our arrival, to our immaculate and spacious room, we were very pleased with everything. (And we usually stay at Hyatt, Ritz, and other resort-type accommodations so we weren't sure what to expect).

For the rate ($109/nt. plus tax) it was impressive. No parking fees, service fees, etc. were added to our final bill. And we received complimentary Internet access, plus a USA Today newspaper at our door every morning.

Our king bed was very comfortable. Having booked for six nights, it was a pleasure for a good night's sleep. And nice Neutrogena shampoo, lotion, and soap was provided.

An example of amazing service was a call to housekeeping to request fresh towels...my husband literally had just hung up the phone when there was a knock at our door. We looked at each other, saying "no way", but there was a smiling employee with our fresh towels! And an employee that was cleaning up the parking area one evening, extended each of us a very pleasant greeting.

The hotel and staff provided for an above average stay and we would definitely stay here again.

Loud and limited

We stayed here and got no sleep because of loud, large parties and connecting rooms. We were going to enjoy the fireplace area, but because of a wedding we couldn't use the area or much of the surrounding garden area. We went to dinner and came back to a bouncer at the back door letting teens in to party in one of the rooms. This felt more like a club then a secure hotel. All night people were drunk and roaming the halls so we got little sleep. What a wasted romantic weekend.

Great place to stay, great view

by TripAdvisor Member ichiro51

We just came back from trip to Carlsbad and stayed at Hilton Garden Inn. What a hotel! all the review were right about this hotel. Very friendly, all the staff were with smiles. Rooms were great and we had standard view room but luckly had a view of the part of the beach. It was wonderfull view in the morning. The rooms were spacious with nice work desk for my laptop and with free high speed internet access. The place is very close to Legoland where we went for two days and 35min ride to San Diego Zoo. We stayed there for 5 days and I was so glad I chose this hotel. Hotel has great lobby area, nice breakfast buffet, heated pool, walk to a beach even a 24hr workout room. One thing about the beach is that you have to go down by going through this little dangerous walk down to the beach but it was well worth it. All and all, the hotel were great and we would definitely recommend it if you are visiting Carlsbad area.

We are going back and looking forward to it!

We were at this hotel for over a week last April and enjoyed it so much that we are going back this year! The view is good, the roooms are pleasant, the facilities excellent (pool, jacuzzi, gym) and the staff are wonderfully helpful. We can't wait to get back. Yes, we do have our reservations!

Wonderful Experience

by TripAdvisor Member mtcc

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn this past weekend for 2 nights. Everything about this hotel was wonderful. I will start with check-in. We were met with warm, genuine smiles. I felt like I was in a resort vs. a hotel. Our room was nice and clean. It was a typical hotel room, except it was clean and spacious. I have a five week old and was very nervous about the cleanliness. I was thrilled to see how clean the room was. The first night my four year old walked around on the carpet in a pair of white socks, the next morning I noticed that they were still white! I mean white!!! One morning I was in search of a coke vending machine. When I called the front desk, to say I couldn't find one, they said they would send one up. I assumed it would be $5, but it was .93 cents. He was at our door within minutes. I was completely impressed all weekend. If you want to have an enjoyable experience, this is the place to stay!

Comments