2950 Ocean Street, Carlsbad, California, 92008, United States

Orbitz.com Official Site Booking.com

• Nice little Gem in A small beach town

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Ocean Palms Beach Resort in March. We stayed in one of the upgraded rooms and it was very nicely remodeled and was generously sized. My only comments for improvements are that we were visiting because they were redoing the pavers in the walkways of the resort. During the day the tile saw and motorized compactor machinery was so loud that we had to leave. To their credit, the construction workers only worked during the day from about 8-4. The other improvement that I would suggest is that it would be nice to be able to check out beach chairs and toys for guest use at the beach. Overall, our experience was very good at the Ocean Palms Beach Resort and we would recommend it to others and we will absolutely return!

Unique Quality: The location is great and right on the beach. all the rooms are redone recently.

Directions: On the beach. 100ft from the pacific ocean!

• I look forward to Returning!

I always love staying at OPBR! The staff is wonderful and I appreciate their kindness. This is the perfect place for a local weekend getaway. I look forward to returning in October of this year.

Unique Quality: Great views and Location!

• Overall Great!!!

The room was clean and internet access was easy. The staff was very accommodating, they helped me turn on the fireplace when the weather unexpectedly declined. I will definitely stay again if I am in the area.

Unique Quality: The best Location ever!

Directions: Downtown Village

More about Carlsbad

Sea LifeSea Life

USDA Petite Prime FiletUSDA Petite Prime Filet

California Surf MuseumCalifornia Surf Museum

Mornings South Bound, Afternoons North BoundMornings South Bound, Afternoons North Bound

Travel Tips for Carlsbad

Why people move there?

by matcrazy1

Although the "village" dates back more than 100 years, the City was incorporated July 16, 1952. At that time, Carlsbad had a population of approximately 7,000 people and covered 7.5 square miles. Now it has over 80,000. It's estimated that the population of Carlsbad will rich 135,000 in 2010 .

WHY Carlsbad is so fast growing community?
Why people move there?
I don't know, just a few ideas:
1. location at the Ocean + great climate,
2. still not so high prices for land and houses (at least in comparison to Del Mar - a few miles south),
3. a lot of attractions around (including Legoland) which creates better possibilities for running business in Carlsbad.

Am I wrong? Any other ideas?

Your Plastic Shovel

by lmkluque

Carlsbad is one of the more expensive areas of San Diego County and though you could be here a whole day without spending much, there are wonderful luxuries to treat yourself to, a lovely beachside hotel, the Dynasty Treatment at the Carlsbad Spa or even a custom made bikini by Carol.

So, I suggest you bring your plastic shovel--credit card--and splurge!

Avocado Capitol of the World

by matcrazy1

About the turn of the century the land boom was over. The original Carlsbad Hotel, a giant five-story wooden structure with a rooftop gazebo located further inland, had burned to the ground. Within a few years the Carlsbad Land and Water Company was reorganized. The homes of its two principal officers had been leased for commercial purposes, and were now renting rooms and serving meals under the name of the Twin Inns. They were owned and operated by Mesdames Whiting and Reedy, who established many traditions such as the Blue Willow China, buffet and Sunday brunch family-style service, and the name "Twin Inns."

The Carlsbad area was still being promoted, but now by the South Coast Land Company as the Avocado Capitol of the World!
I tasted REED AVOCADO in San Diego. They are the biggest and best tasting of any avocado I’ve ever had :-).

Twin Inns

by lmkluque about Neiman's

Neiman's is housed in one of Carlsbad's oldest and most striking buildings, which began as two mansions, mirrored in image. There is a narrow area for patio dining and naturally that is where I eat.

If you go to the website listed below you will see a button titled, "Coupon," click it and print out the $5.00 coupon before dining at Neiman's. I did and the coupon covered the price of a drink. The last time I ate there, I ordered the # 3 lunch special for $9.95. Pork roast served with garlic mashed potatoes and a melody of steamed vegetables. Also, with the $5.00 coupon, I had a free Bloody Mary!

More Than Sushi!

by lmkluque about Benihana Carlsbad!!

When Spartan announced a surprise birthday VT Meeting for his lovely bride, Laruie Jeanne at Benihana in Carlsbad I was happy to join for two reasons, first to see everyone and second to have dinner at Benihana! I hadn't tried the Carlsbad location but found it to be as nice and charming as the San Diego location in Hotel Circle.

At Benihana, each "table" which seats up to eight people, has it's own grill. All the the chopping and dicing of meats and vegetables for the meal and the cooking of most food is done, right in front of you, at your table by clever, talented and sometimes very funny cooks. Clapping and tipping are accepted when you especially enjoy the show he puts on.

Of course, if you don't travel with a large party and are anti-social you may not like the set-up, because all seats at a table are filled--within a reasonable amount of time--before the cooking begins. That's right, you may be sharing a table with complete strangers! Though it might sound weird, the truth is that you'll most likely have fun.

This was my first time at the Carlsbad location and I came with my own group. So, I didn't meet any strangers. My favorite dish depends on my mood. However, I always order hot Sake to drink and a spicy Tijuana Roll appetizer.

Unfortunately this location does not offer the spicy Tijuana Roll, so I ordered the California Roll instead. Usually I have Teriyaki chicken or one of the shrimp dishes.

Here you see oldmonk92129 on his fourth or fifth sushi order and he's still happy, that should give you a clue how good the food is.

Photo Courtesy of a kind and generous Yubert!

Comments