7100 Four Seasons Point, Carlsbad, California, 92009, United States

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Best service

Hard to find a Four Seasons you can't like or sometimes love. What you expect from a 5 star location. The climate of carlsbad makes it easy to see why people enjoy the area. The spa and friday night buffet are not to be missed.

Unique Quality: Four Seasons has what can be described as the BEST timeshare ( as voted by www.tug2.com members for many years at the Aviara location

More about Four Seasons Aviara

Best Four Seasons

by TripAdvisor Member jenheger

My husband and I spent our one year anniversary at the Four Seasons Aviara. From the moment we arrived it was absolute perfection.

We told them at check-in that it was our anniversary and they upgraded our room to an oceanview overlooking the golf course. The room was absolutely stunning. The bathroom was oversized and a welcome sight due to the fact that tropical storm Arlene forced us out of Miami, and we were very tired upon arrival. I took the longest most relaxing soak in the tub, which was so comfortable. The L'Occtione products were absolutely perfect. Towels were so soft, and not scratchy at all. The robes were oversized and plush.

We had several lunches at California Bistro, which were very good. I recommend the Mahi Mahi tacos. We ordered room service for breakfast and it arrived on time and warm. Yes its a little pricey, but not unusually steep.

We decided to check out the gym and spa. I'm a very picky gym snob, and this gym knocked my prissy socks off. Wide array of cardio equipment, at least four elipitcal machines, along with plenty of stairmasters, and treadmills. Each cardio machine is equipped with a flat screen television with headphones, very nice touch. The spa/locker room was quite roomy with steam shower/sauna and oversized jacuzzi. There was a separate dressing area with blow dryers, clean brushes, etc. I didn't have time to get a treatment from the spa, but will next time. It was never too busy in the gym or locker room, very quiet and tranquil.

My husband is the golfer and he loves the course. I rode along with him one day. I brought a book and just took in the beautiful scenery. There is a food cart that comes along just when you need it. The golf cart is also equipped with a button that you can push for help at the clubhouse. Quite nice.

The bed at the Four Seasons was even more comfortable than the Heavenly Bed. I went right to sleep each night. Turndown service was done each night. We always kept the Do Not Distrub sign on the door until 11am, and I would call Housekeeping and ask for the room to be made up. We came back one morning an hour later, and the room was spotless.

I would recommend this beautiful property very highly. We will return for years to come. A perfect trip.

Fabulous

by TripAdvisor Member dropro

My wife and I spent a week's vacation at the Four Seasons Aviara in early April. My wife was four months pregnant, and she preferred to cancel a previously planned vacation to Eastern Europe to stay in the US.

We were a bit worried that we would find the area boring -- not quite exotic enough for a full week. We were wrong -- we could have stayed another week without any trouble at all.

The hotel is gorgeous. Wonderful views, beautiful grounds, great rooms, etc. Several late afternoons, my wife did spa treatments focused on expecting mothers (she loved the spa) while I sat outside and drank a beer while reading a book and looking out over the lagoon.

Plenty to do in the area, not only for kids. We went to the San Diego Zoo, absolutely world class. The Wild Animal Park is great. Trips to La Jolla, Newport Beach and other areas were all great fun. Flower fields in Carlsbad are worthwhile, as are a number of other sites.

Very, very highly recommended.

Just Superb

by TripAdvisor Member Canadian-Beagle

My wife and I and our two girls (7 and 4) just returned from a 7 night stay at the Four Seasons. We very much like Four Seasons properties and have in the past couple of years been to their Maui, Whistler, Great Exuma and Vancouver properties. We, like many others, have fairly high expectations for hotels that we frequent. This was almost as good as the Maui Four Seasons (it may be just as good, but I just can't acknowledge that anything is as good as the Four Seasons in Maui), which says a lot.

In my opinion, the Four Seasons Aviara is simply superb. The property itself is beautiful and has the typical excellent Four Seasons service. The resort is exceptionally kid friendly, which is obviously very important if you are vacationing with kids. In fact, it is the level to which they cater to families that made the vacation so wonderful. They had strollers, bed guards, a huge CD library of kids movies, a kids club, kids menus and any other item one could need to make travelling with kids easier and enjoyable. If you dislike having children around, perhaps you should not stay here although I personally thought that there was ample opportunity to enjoy yourself while avoiding younger guests. Also, other than a parking charges, there are no additional charges. This is nice particularly as so many chains have moved to charging for virtually everything.

If you have a young family, I anticipate that you will find this resort very much to your liking.

FAMILY Friendly

by TripAdvisor Member lyons97

Our biggest suprise of the trip was the hotel - we knew it would have the opulance and high standard of service of a Four Seasons but we were really suprised at how family oriennted it was. The kids club was excellent - the facility had plenty of activities for kids of all ages. And the swimming area had a family pool, quiet pool and a small wading pool for toddlers. The area is full of acitivities for all ages. We specifically thought Lego Land was outstanding for children 2-6. Much easier to take in the Disneyworld.

Returned May 21 - Beyond Expectations

by TripAdvisor Member Janbinto

We had high expectations, all of which were exceeded. The staff and service were outstanding. We've stayed at incredible resorts before, but have never encountered the quality of this resort coupled with service to match. The setting was beatuiful/ We brought our 3 year old daughter and were delighted that the resort was so kid friendly and yet, the resort did not seem loud or filled with kids. The pools were perfect for families, kids or couples. Bring your own toys though. The hotel did not have any noodles or any other toys for the kids in the pool. They did provide milkk and a big cookie upon arrival and a stuffed animal on our daughter's bed. Our room was perfect, although the bed was a bit hard. We were on the 5th floor with a great view. The room had a pull out couch for our daughter and a big balcony. We ate at the Bistro and the nicer restaurant (starts with a V). Both were delicious although the nicer restaurant was my favourite. The gym was good, never busy. The spa was amazing too. I highly recommend this resort and hope that I will have the opportunity to return.

A Truly Great Resort Destination

by TripAdvisor Member tennis_ace_2005

Just got back from a three night stay and absolutely loved it. We spent half of the day at Legoland and the other half of the day enjoying the resort. Tennis, golf, badminton, pool, croquet...etc. Lots of choices of activities. Good service and typical Four Seasons suite. Housekeeping was a little slow, but otherwise good. My two sons 6 & 8 loved the spaciousness of the room and remarked that it was better than the JW-Cancun suite. Not a value type place obviously. Did not eat onsite since we were out and about during the day and night. Lots of good choices onsite if your so inclined. It always surprises me when nice resorts like these end up being so kid friendly. Unlike Inn Spanish Bay and Boulders, AZ, you will feel comfortable bringing your young kids to this resort. I highly recomend this destination resort. By the way, Seaworld, San Diego Zoo etc... is thirty minutes away.

one of the best four seasons

by TripAdvisor Member azijack

we just returned from a 4 day stay at the four seasons in aviara. it was fantastic. they trully do everything perfectly. the service is impeccable. they are very kid friendly. We have been to 17 other four seasons. i agree with previous reviewer. this is probably the best or one of the best four seasons.

Top Notch, not for those with sticker shock.

by TripAdvisor Member dbth

Just returned from a week stay Aviara Residence Club , the villa at the Four Seasons.

It was the finest accomodations I have ever been to.Luxurious one bedroom with 2 balconies, kitchen , dining area,living room,2 tvs,ps2,hi speed internet,cd changer and dvd player , huge master suite and master bath .Great towels and robes.Kids slept on the pullout couch.Housekeeping cleaned up daily , although I would have preffered an earlier room cleaning ,not that big a deal and the housekeeping staff was very professional.

The resort staff was marvelous , especially at the various pool locations.Poolside attendants would not let me lift a finger.Wife loved the Evian facial spritz. Restaurant staff was also fantastic.Concierge was very helpful , better at the hotel then the villa.

Resort could be more creative with activities for teens.Plenty to do for Moms , Dads , Grandparents, and youngsters.
Don't go if you get upset around toddlers and pre-k (mostly a problem at hotel pool and at breakfast).One pool was closed for a day when a youngster left a diaper deposit in the pool.

The hotel dinged me for the valet parking , a bit of overkill when you are paying so much for the accomodations.

The doormen and parking valet's went all out.I dropped my luggage at the resort before my room was ready and they had my luggage in my villa when we returned from my daughter's surfing lesson.Surf Diva's in La Jolla , highly reccomended!

Poolside dining was very good , brunch at the Bistro was great , dinner less than spectacular,but waitress and hostess could not have been any nicer or helpful.The strong and demanding management at the property is very evident.

For Mexican in Carlsbad , pick Las Olas (a bit divy but good food) over Fidel's Norte (cuter ,but mediocre food).Both were easy on the wallet.

Traffic on I5 was horrendous all hours of the day , sat in traffic every off site excursion ( Airport ,Torrey Pines, LaJolla , LegoLand , Sea World , Petco Park).Allow time for traffic where ever you are headed.

Good spot for celebrity spotting, Gov Arnold and Lindsey Buckingham (Fleetwood Mac ) were spotted during the week.

Only major complaint would be the Golf Pro Shop (Pro shop only!)staff courtesy paled in comparison to the Hotel and Villa staff ( a tough act to follow).I felt as if I was just another guy playing golf on vacation, as opposed to the impecable service and attitude I received everywhere else.

The other golf staff ( range , bag drop , beverage service ) was terrific.
Overall , great place for a family vacation if you are not afraid of the prices or are on an expense account.

Minimal complaints , most things exceed expectations.Great weather and NO BUGS OR MOSQUITOES anywhere!

Great Resort - Couple's Spa Package!

by TripAdvisor Member WeAlwaysBringBella

My husband and I spent a week at the Aviara to celebrate our Anniversary. The suite was gorgeous on the ground floor. The staff was very nice and agreed to move us but the only available room would be above the pool. After some thought we decided to stay on the ground level. Our two patios were secluded by abundant foliage and to our suprise a family of morning doves which were nested in the giant bird of paradise. Ground suite was wonderful for late night walks (don't forget the mosquito spray).

We enjoyed the 6 hour wellness package in the Aviara Spa. The package included two eighty minute massages in a private suite. Two 50 minute facials and two 45 minute wraps; and a spa lunch. The suite had a private patio with jetted pool. I say pool because it was much bigger than your average jacuzzi. Also, a warm fireplace and swiss shower. The only thing that was a bit weird was that the two massage tables seemed to be crammed in the room so there was not much room for the masseuse to walk around - not that it mattered with our faces crammed in massage bliss to the table. The package comes with a gift of two robes and large bottles of Aviara lotion, shampoo, conditioner and a travel candle. $1,600 a bit steep but hey, it's the Four Seasons! Any remaining time could be spent in the spa suite at your leisure. The lunch menu was the same as the items available in the Lobby Lounge.

The Batiquitos Lagoon trail was gorgeous and a wonderful walk just steps from the resort, rabbits and little frogs abound. The best Mexican suggested by the concierge was El Callejon - a true saucy, cheesy joint but with wonderful tacos and black beans.

Also in Encinitas was a great shopping area called the Lumberyard. Next to Starbucks was an amazing bistro open for breakfast and lunch that had the absolute best almond croissants.

Comments