West Inn And Suites

Orbitz.com Priceline.com Travelocity

More about West Inn And Suites

Loved the West Inn & Suites

by TripAdvisor Member hotmommy808

We were there from Nov. 4-8, 2006. We arrived at the hotel around 8:45 a.m. due from an early flight arrival and gosh, they took us in and the front desk girl told us we can go ahead and have buffet breakfast (complimentary breakfast was included). We didn't expect that at all because most hotel will not take you that early but they did and their buffet was wonderful. The room was sooo nice. It was so stylish and chic. Loved the bathroom, the 2 king size beds, the microwave, nice fridge, and the huge mirror by the door. My 5 yr. son and 2 yr. daughter, loved the place. Free internet use. There was a game room (not too many game selection but ok). Loved the laundry room (it was next to our room). SUV shuttle to Legoland, that was a plus. Aveda products in the bathroom was a nice touch. Cookies and milk everynight in the lobby was sweet. Over all, highly recommended and we'll go back again that's without hesitation. The hotel staff were all nice and very accomodating and helpful.

West Inn & Suites Is A Great Find

by TripAdvisor Member TERRIERSRULE

Just had a great, albeit brief stay at West Inn and Suites. Great hotel. The rooms are excellent. Great plasma, hdtv in room. Also, nice size bathrooms with great shampoo, soaps and mouthwash from aveda. The staff was first class. Check in and assistance from Megan was first rate. I had forgot to bring disposable razors and they gave me a couple w/out any charge.
Overall this is a first class small boutique hotel which will likely be sold out by this coming summer when the secret gets out of the bag!!!!!!!!!! or should I say the secret gets let out of the front door!!!!!!
Thank you West Inn for a great stay and great location, right off the 5 fwy.

Absolutely The BEST

by TripAdvisor Member piercefamily

We selected the West Inn & Suites after reading many positive reviews from other guests. Beginning with making the reservations we were immediately impressed. We tried to book our stay at the West Inn & Suites through one of the .com hotel booking sites and were completely disappointed that the site gave us incorrect information. We immediately cancelled our .com reservation and called directly to the hotel and booked our stay with them. We can't say enough about the West Inn & Suites. We put the trip together as our Christmas gift (from Santa) to our children ages 8 and 10. We specifically travelled to Carlsbad because of Legoland, and our son's love of Bionicles. When making our reservations I mentioned why we were travelling to Carlsbad and the importance of our trip. Everyone of the staff we had contact with were extremely friendly and would go the extra mile to accommodate us. Upon arriving in our home away from home, their was a box of cookies waiting for us and a brand new 2007 Bionicle waiting for my son to build! The room was everything we had hoped for. Two king beds, a sitting room both having their own televisions, and hd tv's to boot, with dvd players! The bathroom was another plus with the aveda products. The free business center was an added plus for both my husband and myself to check on work issues while away. And I can't say enough about the "sweet treats" left for us most nights when they turned down our sheets! Then there was the breakfast. Every morning we were greeted with a huge variety of fresh breakfast foods and a staff that made you feel at home. Our daughter took a real liking to two of front desk girls and asked mid week where the two really nice girls with blonde hair were, she missed them. Obviously, they had a few days off! As said earlier. The West Inn & Suites is a place I highly recommend to anyone travelling in the Carlsbad area. We could go on and on about the many great qualities of this hotel, Rather we will just say - you Have to stay here, it is absolutely the Best. We hope to one day be able to travel cross country again just to stay there.

Holiday Trip

by TripAdvisor Member OntheroadSportsNut

We stayed at the West Inn & Suites 12/26/06 to 12/30/06. This is an excellent place to stay, in a well placed location, close to the freeway yet just a walk to the beach. For the money, this was the best value of any place I have ever stayed. Traveling with my wife and two teenagers, we had a beautiful room with two king size beds that were extremely comfortable. The room was very clean and had a lot of lights in the room and bathroom as well. The room had a small refrigerator and microwave and sink all in one area. 30 inch flat tv was nice. We enjoyed the breakfast every morning and the warm cookies and milk in the evening. I took advantage of the pool and jacuzzi and treadmill each day. A nice touch is the pantry next to the front desk where you can pick up some snacks and drinks and just put on your room tab. You have the choice of parking outside or underground. The staff was friendly and accomodating. I enjoyed sitting in the library to read a newspaper or watch tv. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommnend.

Read this first..and look around a bit

by TripAdvisor Member CaKidsintow

I never book a hotel without looking at trip advisor. We just returned from a stay at the West Inn Suites in Carlsbad.

The good: The rooms and beds were beautiful and the staff was very helpful. Breakfast was fantastic, lots of sitting with games for the kids to play. The hotel itself was very kid friendly.

The bad: Not in any of the reviews did anyone mention that it is across the street from a electical plant. You can find the hotel by looking up for the huge smoke stack and the other view from the hotel is the freeway. Also.. a train track runs down the back side of the hotel. It only woke me up once, but, it was there. The hotel is building a restaurant so currently room service is not available and they do not have a bar. There is a restaurant in the hotel parking lot so you can walk across the parking lot to purchase a meal or a beverage but it was not easily taken back to your room. (And I don't think you could walk an alcoholic beverage out of the restaurant) The pool was nice, small, and the view is the freeway. Once again, there is no pool service for food or drinks.

Keeping this in mind for the $189. price tag.... I think for the money, there might be better options out there unless you plan on strickly enjoying your room, ie: the bed and television alone. We drove around and saw some of the other hotels, not as high on the trip advisor ranking, but much better placed in the city next to the beach with lots of small restaurants and shops around.

Top Notch Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Gatorjmh

This was one of the best hotels my family and I could have picked. We booked it off the advice of other travelers on this website. The rooms are decorated beautifully and the beds are extremely comfortable. All the little things are taken care of here. (All the way down to the blooming orchids in the rooms.) The breakfast was delicious and the staff was extremely attentative to all our needs. The West Inn will exceed your expectations.

Great...Fantastic...Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member AussieGetabout

Just got back from around world trip with family of five and all agreed this was the best hotel we stayed at. From the clean spacious rooms to the complimentary cookies with milk at 8pm this place did everything right, Plus the restaurant next door was a definate highlight. It was my sons birthday and they overheard us toasting him and at the end of the meal came out with a small chocolate cake with candles.

Five Stars and More...

by TripAdvisor Member RWNW

This is an outstanding hotel in every way! The public areas and the guest rooms are immaculate, and the grounds are beautifully landscaped. The complimentary full breakfast each morning was delicious -- bacon or sausage, scrambled eggs, waffles or French toast, assorted YoPlait yogurt, pastries, bagels, cereal, fresh fruit, assorted fresh juices, assorted coffees, fresh milk in covered glass urns -- very impressive.

The front desk staff were always pleasant and personable. I unfortunately had broken my ankle while in California. Upon returning to the hotel from the emergency room and struggling with my crutches, I was provided (without my even asking) with a wheelchair.

The king size beds are comfortable and loaded with pillows. The bathrooms come equipped with all the amenities -- hair dryer, Aveeda bath products, scale, bathrobes, lighted vanity mirror, vanity kit (cotton balls, nail file and Q-tips), shower cap, etc., and plenty of towels.

We stayed in the King double suite and had a refrigerator (which was stocked daily with bottled water). The suite also had a microwave, sink and a coffee/tea maker. The desk (and swivel chair) in the sitting area is perfect for lap tops. A newspaper was left outside the door every morning. Every evening houskeeping came around and offered turn down service. The air conditioning/heating was easily controlled.

I have stayed in 5-star hotels and this property is right up there with the best of the best!

Best customer service ever!

by TripAdvisor Member KCCCBC

This was by far one of the best hotels that I have stayed in. The room was spotless and very comfortable and I cannot say enough about the staff. When we were in danger of missing our train because the shuttle was already on a run, the general manager actually drove us to the station in her own vehicle. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

New, Nifty, Noiseless and Special.

by TripAdvisor Member RoamingDoc

This new hotel just west of Interstate 5 (at Cannon exit) is a find for those staying in Carlsbad, CA. Opening in May of '06, it is very clean and built with an eye towards easy maintenance. Nice hardwood floors cover the entrance and some of the hallways. Walls are covered with a tasteful textured paper. This is first class lodging and from the moment you enter the wide front doors you are treated with professional and friendly care. Our “deluxe king room” (and there are no beds besides king at this hotel) was large (not as large as the “executive” king room) and exceptionally appointed with a new (but a bit too hard) pillow top bed, a 30” LG plasma TV, typical Microwave, refrigerator and other possible needs (iron, etc). A work space and wired/wireless Internet was present and well set up for those needing deskspace and emails. Another appointment and a reassuring one was an in room safe, easily used and seemingly secure. My wife loved the plentiful luxurious towels and the bath was a remarkable giant tumbled marble tiled shower (no tub). While the hotel is near the high volume freeway, the triple paned windows shut 95% of ALL noise out of your experience. The doors are also capable of being ‘dead bolted’, another security touch. Staff was pleasant, articulate and very agreeable. The Triple A discount is another plus. A heated pool and a small fitness room are nice additions if you don’t want to walk along the ocean walk just west of the hotel (best driven to). Breakfast was included and it is a real breakfast, not just cold cereal and bagels. Nicely appointed and varied, we found the food to be above average and it was a definite savings. We had only one complaint and that was the very firm beds. We’d expect them to break in at some future date with use but they were a definite detraction for our backs in an otherwise splendid experience. Great place to stay, central to the San Diego area and points east. We recommend it without reservation.

opposite the Key West Innopposite the Key West Inn

Carlsbad, CACarlsbad, CA

Batiquitos LagoonBatiquitos Lagoon

Marilek  feels at home in the land of the dwarvesMarilek feels at home in the land of the dwarves

Comments