155 Highland Drive, Carmel, California, 93923, United States

• orcoastgirl's Profile Photo

Lovely Stay at Tickle Pink Inn!

The Tickle Pink Inn is a very romantic place to stay. We had a room with a very nice oceanview. The rugged coastline here is just amazing. Our room was very well appointed and there is a wine and cheese reception in the afternoon that is a nice touch.

The staff is very friendly and there is also an outdoor jacuzzi that is great for relaxing in after a day of sight-seeing.

Unique Quality: Wine and cheese reception in the oceanview Terrace room, friendly accomodating staff, excellent views of the Carmel Highland's coastline here.

Directions: Carmel Highlands, next to the Park Hyatt Highland's Inn

More about Tickle Pink Inn - Carmel

Tickle Pink Inn Is Still The Best!

by TripAdvisor Member 14adam67

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary on Sept. 10, 2004. This was our second visit to the property. We stayed in room #31. Everything was awesome: The views, service, room quality, and atmosphere.

My only regret was not making the reservation far enough in advance, because only one night was available! We stayed at the Highlands Inn (directly next door) the next night. There is a huge difference between the Tickle Pink Inn, and the Highlands Inn. The price, room size, view, and atmopsphere of the Highlands Inn are inferior to the Tickle Pink Inn.
If anyone reading this is undecided about which property to choose between the Tickle Pink Inn, and the Highlands Inn, just read all of the previous reviews about both properties, and ask the guests.

We look forward to returning in the near future to the Tickle Pink Inn.

Tickled at the Tickle Pink

by TripAdvisor Member lindafromNJ

Just returned from 3 nights at the Tickle Pink. Had room 35 which had a fireplace and a jacuzzi. This room was closest to Route 1 which could be a little noisy. The view was nice but was partially blocked by trees that needed to be trimmed. You had to sit in the right spot to see a full view of the ocean. The room itself was quite nice and large but our jacuzzi had calcium deposits in the water so we could not use it. We did recieve a nice discount due to this fact. Champagne and chocolates are delivered to your room on the first day. It was quite warm when we were there. In fact weather they rarely get in Carmel Highlands. There is no air condintioning so the sun was blazing in our room late afternoon with no relief. We did have to get a fan.

The morning breakfast was quite nice and you could eat it on your porch or on their patio.

The service was good. Everyone there was helpful and friendly.
All in all I liked the Tickle Pink but would stay in a different room next time around.

It is quite expensive.

Tickle Pink is Magical

We took a wonderful two week vacation in California. One weekend we rented a brand new red Thunderbird convertible in San Francisco and drove to Carmel. Not only was the town of Carmel charming: the Tickle Pink was extraordinary. I am writing this review because I researched my lodging choice on the internet for this all too brief overnight. I found these reviews helpful. A beautiful inn. Champagne, fluffy robes, fresh rose and chocolates, beautiful terrace overlooking crashing waves (we slept with the balcony doors open).....I could go on. The only thing I regret is that we didn't allow more time in this idyllic spot. If you go, be sure to take the 17 mile drive down the coast. I will return to theTickle Pink Inn some day.

What a view!

This is the most enchanting place to be. We chose the Tickle Pink Inn to remarry on our 25th aniversay. On the deck at sunset...georgeous!

The Only Policy to object to is Check Out

Having been a well satisfied, pampered guest at Tickle Pink Inn year after year, I have to report being puzzled by the comments of the disgruntled guest who felt that the rooms are overpriced and that Belgian chocolates and champagne delivered to the room is "tacky." If strawberries are what you are after, they serve them nightly at the wine and cheese reception. Or anyone can order them from room service.
The views from the suites and most of the rooms are breathtaking, the service is usually punctual and polite, and I can't think of any policies that are unusual or restrictive.
As the rooms are renovated, and the decor is charming, the objection that the rooms need updating could be a matter of preference in design style for contemporary over country French. Certainly, the baths are marble and well appointed.
If we had one objection, it would be that the wine served at the daily wine and cheese receptions from St. Julian Winery could be substituted for a higher caliber variety, as there are abundant good chardonnays to be found inexpensively in Northern California which would be a nice improvement.
Our usual lament about Tickle Pink is always having to leave it

The ocean sang us to sleep.

My husband and I had the great pleasure of staying here this past July. The occasion was our 25th anniversary. The staff at check-in was warm, and very informative. Opening the door to room 15 was magical, the ocean calling to us from the sliding glass doors, which we never closed. A few moments after arriving, there was a knock on the door, a welcoming bottle of Champagne, a lovely box of chocolates, 2 champagne flutes and coral/pink roses were placed in our room. HOW LOVELY. We enjoyed them on our private balcony, overlooking the ocean. We skipped the wine cheese gathering in order to enjoy the town and had dinner there too. Later that night we light the candles provided and sat on the balcony listening to the ocean and each other and watching those AMAZING stars come into view. Slept with the sliding doors open and fell asleep to the gentle roar of the ocean. In the morning we opted to have room service bring us a tray, and used the balcony, once again. This time we were joined by “tickle” a friendly seagull.
Our only regret was not staying for 2 nights.
Next trip we will stay at least 2 nights!
OOPS I almost forgot to mention the LONG bathtub. That was another treat as were the plush robes.
We were tickled Pink, by the Tickle Pink Inn and room # 15.
Jill S

We were Tickled Pink

Recently my husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary in California, our first visit there. Tickle Pink was the last leg of our itinerary, and we were very pleased to have ended our wonderful vacation there. The front desk personnel were friendly and very helpful. Our cove room was lovely, and we made some wonderful friends at the wine and cheese receptions held daily. We would love to make a return visit someday.

Wow, wow, wow

by TripAdvisor Member concrdtvl

Wow, wow, wow, What a fantastic place. We were at Tickle Pink October 10-12 and had room 14 (16 is also the same). What a room, livingroom with fireplace, extremely large balcony, separate bedroom and bath. We received chocolates and champagne what a treat. The dinner at California Market next door at the Highlands was terrific. Great Pork chops. Sunsets at Tickle Pink are to die for. If you go ask for room 14 or 16 for the best view and wonderful rooms. You have to have breakfast in your bedroom, very romantic. Bring CD's they have a player, which we used while enjoying the fireplace. I am coming back

Not Tickled Pink

by TripAdvisor Member MarciaB10

We just returned from a weeklong road trip in Northern California. Staying in San Francisco, Mendocino, Napa and Carmel. I booked 2 nights at the Tickle Pink based mainly on the #1 rating of Trip Advisor.

I have to say we were a little disappointed. This was our last stop and based on so many peoples glowing opinions, I was expecting more. When I booked, I think they did say we were getting the last room available or one of the last available for my dates. Maybe it was their least desirable room, but it was the least favorite of our trip and also the most expensive. We also stayed at The Stanford Inn in Mendocino and the Carneros Inn in Napa; both had much larger rooms with fireplaces. (Those inns also had restaurants, high-speed Internet access, fitness centers and mini bars!)

Our room (#5) was quite small and dated. While we do prefer contemporary decorating, it wasn’t just the style, the carpet, and beddings looked old and somewhat worn. They had done a nice job of updating the bathroom with marble tiles.

Our view of the ocean was spectacular, but we also overlooked another buildings air conditioning units. I’ve read a few reviews about the sounds of the ocean, but mostly all we heard was the traffic, and the people walking in the room above us. It’s been quite some time since we stayed somewhere and could hear so much from another room. Luckily we only could hear them walking back and forth, but it was annoying.

Additionally when I booked I asked about their AAA discount, I was told to show my card upon check in and we would receive a 10% discount. I did, but then at check out only 10% was taken off the first nights stay. It wasn’t until then they mentioned that the 10% wasn’t valid on a Friday night.

In all fairness, it certainly wasn’t an undesirable place to stay, it was clean and comfortable, but our room was nothing special, In my opinion, it’s been over rated on Trip Advisor!

Comments