Best Western Carmel's Town House Lodge

5th And San Carlos, P.O. Box 3574, Carmel, California, 93921-3574, United States

BEST WESTERN Carmel's Town House Lodge
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

• tremolux66's Profile Photo

Nice Place in Carmel

I spent several nights here in May 2007. Although not luxurious, I found the hotel fine for my needs. The in-room fridge was handy because I could pick up food and drinks at the supermarket and keep them in the room. I didn't use the pool because it was kind of cool when I was there but it seemed OK.

They serve a continental breakfast which was about average. There is a deck area next to the upper rooms that has a partial view of the ocean. Again, nothing special but it's a nice place to eat and read the paper (provided the wind doesn't grab it).

I was on my own, so I'm not sure how this place would fare as a "romantic getaway"; I'd recommend it for someone who's looking for straightforward accommodations while unwinding in Carmel. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

Unique Quality: Location is good -- just a couple of blocks from Ocean Ave, easy walking distance from shops and restaurants. It's not too far up or down the hill, either. It's worth it just to have a place to park! (Although the parking lot is a little tight...)

Price was good, too: it was the least expensive 3-star hotel available at the time I booked my trip. (I think I ended up paying less than the rate quoted when I booked; there was an advertised price, but the travel site said there would be a higher rate, however I ended up paying the advertised price.)

They offer free Internet connections, but I could not get it working with my (unusual) palm-top computer. I was able to work around this by checking e-mail on my cell phone; I would expect it would work OK with conventional laptop computers. Maybe you shouldn't be checking e-mail or surfing the web while vacationing in Carmel!

Directions: A couple of blocks off Ocean Ave. on San Carlos.

Comments