Dolores Street & Third Avenue, Carmel, California, 93921, United States

Booking.com Official Site

• Safaristars's Profile Photo

Paradise in Paradise

I loved everything about the Carmel Country Inn! Driving into the cobblestone parking lot we were in awe of the gorgeous flowers and plants. The reception was warm and inviting. The receptionist (Diane ~ a kind and wonderful woman) escorted us up the stairs to our room, which was awaiting our arrival with the fireplace already glowing. We were given a brief tour of the room and instructions to lit the fireplace and work the Jacuzzi tub. We had reserved a deluxe king suite and it exceeded my expectations by far. The suite was filled with wonderful touches starting with a Dutch-door (with even a doorbell) on the front. A bottle of sherry and two glasses with peppermints inside were sitting next to the fireplace. The living room had a mini-fridge, coffee maker, coffee, tea, and a nice assortment of glasses & cups along with very comfortable furnishings. The bedroom had a wonderful bed with down comforter and a second television. The bathroom was amazing with two-person Jacuzzi tub next to a giant mirrored wall, separate glass shower, an assortment of mood lighting options, and even a heated floor by the vanity.

Unique Quality: In the morning an expanded continental breakfast is offered in wonderful little room with newspapers by the fireplace. Bowls of cranberries and brown sugar were available for your hot oatmeal, yogurt, or cereal. Wonderful cinnamon bread and bagels sat by the toaster with a variety of interesting spreads (almond butter was my favorite). A tasty assortment of snacks was also available during the day. We met the innkeeper (Amy ~ another warm amazing woman) who during breakfast graciously answered all of our questions. The property is located just a short 3 blocks from the shops ~ however ~ it's a little bit hilly so we chose to drive to dinner and around the area. I liked being up in the residential neighborhood where it was more quiet, anyway. This was my BEST experience traveling EVER. I felt completely pampered. If I could move in……..I would. I LOVE IT!!!

Directions: Here is the direction link from their website ~ http://www.carmelcountryinn.com/map.html

More about Carmel Country Inn

Love the Carmel Country Inn

by TripAdvisor Member MadisonRaven

December 2006 was our 2nd visit to the Carmel Country Inn. If it's possible, we had an even better time than when we stayed there back in August! Seriously, the inn itself is lovely. The rooms are good sized and the decorations are charming. They are exactly as they look on-line. The complimenary breakfast is one of the best I have ever had. The Innkeeper, Amy, and her staff are all very friendly and make you feel so welcome. I can't wait to stay there again and I recommend this Inn to anyone traveling in the Carmel/Monterey areas.

Charming Inn in the heart of Carmel

by TripAdvisor Member Bendi

Located walking distance from the best of Camel, great shopping, restaurants and beautiful beaches, the Carmel Country Inn far exceeded our expectations. Set in a charming residential neighborhood with spacious bathrooms, beautiful gardens, and a tip top staff, we loved the quiet elegance of this inn. As an added bonus there are snacks throughout the the day and delicous breakfasts. We could find no fault with this hidden gem of Carmel.

A wonderful Christmas week

by TripAdvisor Member marqstoe

We have been spending time in Carmel for over 20 years, two years ago we discovered the Carmel Country Inn for our Christmas week getaway, and have made it our new home away from home!
Our 2 bedroom, 1 bath, living room suite is like stepping into your own Carmel cottage. The suite is always immaculate, has a wonderful fireplace, plus wet bar, and lots of windows!
The staff and services provided are some of the best in Carmel, and we have stayed in many of the local inns and lodges.
We highly recommend The Carmel Country Inn for a quiet and peaceful escape from the big city madness!!
P.S. Our dog Karma loves it too!
The Marquardt Family
Sacramento, California

FABULOUS!

by TripAdvisor Member Gtracts

Stayed at Carmel Country Inn first week of Nov '06 for 50th birthday vacation. With its proximity of less than one mile from Pebble Beach and Spyglass golf courses, where my brother-in-law and I golfed, while our wives enjoyed Carmel shopping and the beautiful beach, CCI was an obvious choice. The entire staff was extremely helpful and went above and beyond to ensure we "relaxed" on our vacation. Excellent breakfasts, snacks and beverages were available throughout the day, and the complimentary "bottomless" decanter of Sherry seemed to make "relaxing" and easy task. We stayed in the 2 room, 1 bath unit which was ample room for all. Bath is to be remodeled in 2007 which will really make it feel like home. A wonderful Inn, great location, extremely friendly staff and the great weather made it a memorable trip (Pebble Beach golf helped too!) Can't wait to come back!

Once again, a wonderful stay!

We stayed at the Carmel Country Inn during the course of our honeymoon over three years ago & loved it so much that we knew we had to come back and bring our family with us the next time. Well, this is our annual tradition now - Christmas at the Carmel Country Inn! (This was our second Christmas here, with family) We are so incredibly comfortable there, it's so relaxing and warm. We had a one bedroom suite with a luxurious spa tub in the bathroom. The best part about this inn is that they are so pet friendly. As the previous poster had mentioned, they even allow your dog into the main lobby area and where we eat breakfast! We did not find this odd, as Carmel boasts being the most "dog friendly" town! Our dog was even welcome at all of the couture shops in town, as well as Tiffany's. We love coming to Carmel for many reasons but this is one big factor as to why we chose to vacation here! We also love to take our dog to Dorris Day's Cypress Inn - the lobby and bar, where she can join us for appetizers and Martini's IN the bar! Besides, the people who do bring their dogs on vacation with them are VERY responsible pet owners and the dogs are usually very well traveled and well behaved. I say that if you don't like it, then stay away from Carmel! As for this property, I feel that it is very well maintained and well staffed. I arranged to have a surprise bottle of top end champagne waiting for us upon arrival and there it was! The linens and all ammenities are great. The bed was extremely comfortable and the decor is warm and inviting. We can walk anywhere in Carmel from this location - which is great. I'd have to say that all of us had a wonderful stay and will remember every moment of it! We never wanted to leave! Thanks to the owners for still providing a wonderful place to stay in such a magical town! See you next Christmas!

Quaint and oh so cute

by TripAdvisor Member tahiti05

My parents were visiting my husband and I in SF and we decided on a last minute trip to Carmel. Every hotel there was booked full but I happened upon some great reviews of the Carmel Country Inn here and decided to contact the hotel directly. They had one suite left, a two-bedroom sharing one bathroom. It was perfect for our one-night stay. The suite is very quaint, extremely clean and tidy and the beds are very comfy. The bathroom is not big but the shower head was strong and I like that there were multiple sets of towels to use. Breakfast was served in their large and sunny kitchen or you could take a tray of food to bring back to your room. There were lots of tasty (some looked homemade) pastries to choose from, hot and cold cereals, fresh fruit etc. The staff are very accomodating and pleasant to speak with. The location was great, just a few blocks from the center of town and it was quiet and cozy. We would definitely stay here again next time.

Good Value, Nice Cozy Room, Pets In The Breakfast Room?

by TripAdvisor Member bonesting69

Let me start by saying that while our Dec 29-Dec 31 stay at Carmel Country Inn is a three-out-of-five, our prior two-night's stay at Cayucos Sunset Inn B&B is mostly to blame. Either way, ratings are about comparisons, and my apologies that my wife and I visited perfection prior to this adorable Carmel Inn.

The Pros at CCI were the location... we walked EVERYWHERE! We parked the car and never started it for the 48 hours we were in Carmel. We went out after breakfast for exercise and into Carmel's residential dreamland (and videotaped the most adorable litte... and big... homes in the world)!! We walked out again in the afternoon for late lunch/snack/cocktails and window shopping and then late dinner walks, returning after 10pm. The streets of Carmel feel very safe... it's truly a dream! Our room was large enough (the King Deluxe Studio) with a couple of rocking chairs, french doors overlooking the courtyard (nice), perfect fireplace, and nice sized bath with separate shower and two-person soaking tub. It was very quiet and the while the decor was a little dated, it was clean and fit the image of the inn in general. The staff seemed nice but only spoke when spoken to...

And now for the Cons... firstly, the other guests were nothing like the guests we met in our previous Cayucos stay or later in Santa Barbara. Seems as though 80% of them had pets and spent most of the time "talking" to them. And while the breakfast room provided the most comprehensive Continental breakfast around, the inn is (as I mentioned, and was aware of when I made the reservation) pet-friendly, but allowed the guest's dogs to join them while eating... my wife and I were not impressed. In fact, we have a dog, and we love animals. But our dog is an outdoor dog and he's called an outdoor dog for a reason (you know, furr?). It's amazing to me that while one of the biggest concerns of travelers is the cleanliness of their lodging facilities... what's the point of a "clean room" when after only minutes of a dog or cat entering a freshly maid-cleaned room, it immediately is no longer such? I must clarify that our room was a no-pets room and it showed, but our CCI trip was marred by having other people's dogs in the commonspace (around food, no less!). Needless to say, my wife (and I with her) are only to stay in Carmel establishments with a no-pet rule. So begins my quest for next year's visit.

In summary, we had a pleasant stay, but I have to give Carmel Country Inn 3 of 5 due to the pets in the breakfast room. To my wife and I, it would've been a 4 or 5 of 5 had the pets been kept away from the commonspace (food) area. For those that want to bring their pets, this Inn has to be a 4 or 5 of 5.... just not for us.

PS: As far as for Carmel dining, we can recommend everywhere we ate: Village Corner Meditteranean Bistro, Forge In The Forest, Hog's Breath Inn and Flaherty's (which had the best food and the best service, just not very much room or privacy).

Comfy and nice

by TripAdvisor Member SD4ever

We spent 3 nights at the Carmel Country Inn in a King Suite (room 12) and we really enjoyed our stay. It's in quiet neighborhood within a short walking distance to restaurants and shops in the "downtown" area and not too far from the beach. Although it's in a popular neighborhood for b&b's. The Hofsa's House b&b looms largely on the back side which somewhat diminishes the cuteness factor a bit.

We found our room to be quite comfortable with a separate sitting room with a fireplace and a whirlpool tub in a good-size bathroom. The "country style" decoration was cute and not overdone like some places can be. The bed was really comfortable with goose down comforter and pillows, and the room was generally in good and clean condition.

The continental breakfast selection was semi-extensive with fresh strawberries, different types of pastries, cereal, bagels, orange juice, Pete's coffee, tea and cocoa. There's also a complementary selection of DVDs that you can borrow to watch in your room (you might want to go early to borrow popular movies). The really nice thing they do is to leave cookies and lemonade for you to enjoy throughout the day.

We think the bed and breakfast was once an apartment complex with all rooms sharing walls. Although we only had to share one wall, we sometimes heard our next door neighbors talking or watching TV. But at $195 a night, it's a good value comparing to other places in that same area. You can also go for smaller room with a smaller price tag, but we really enjoyed our big tub in a big bathroom as others who had experienced it may also agree.

Casual and Comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member sparklely

If you want a place that is quiet, clean and friendly, this is it. This small Inn is lovely, and makes you feel welcomed in every way. We were there for 3 nights and were sad to leave. The afternoon we arrived we were led to our room. The door opened to a warm fire and a inviting family room. Our bedrooms were decorated with beautiful quilts and the bathrooms were supplied with lots of towels. All the Inn Keepers are wonderful and take time to know who you are and make sure all your needs are met. But more than this, they were kind and loving to all who entered the Inn. All the dogs that were there during our stay were very well behaved and added to the charm of the Inn.
I know that anyone can have a bad experience anywhere, but please give this place a look. Talk to the Inn and express any concerns or needs. I think that tripadvisor reviews were a great source of information that lead us to a great getaway. If you stay here you will not be disappointed.

Comments