Carmel Country Inn

Safaristars's Profile Photo

Paradise in Paradise

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 1, 2005

I loved everything about the Carmel Country Inn! Driving into the cobblestone parking lot we were in awe of the gorgeous flowers and plants. The reception was warm and inviting. The receptionist (Diane ~ a kind and wonderful woman) escorted us up the stairs to our room, which was awaiting our arrival with the fireplace already glowing. We were given a brief tour of the room and instructions to lit the fireplace and work the Jacuzzi tub. We had reserved a deluxe king suite and it exceeded my expectations by far. The suite was filled with wonderful touches starting with a Dutch-door (with even a doorbell) on the front. A bottle of sherry and two glasses with peppermints inside were sitting next to the fireplace. The living room had a mini-fridge, coffee maker, coffee, tea, and a nice assortment of glasses & cups along with very comfortable furnishings. The bedroom had a wonderful bed with down comforter and a second television. The bathroom was amazing with two-person Jacuzzi tub next to a giant mirrored wall, separate glass shower, an assortment of mood lighting options, and even a heated floor by the vanity.

Unique Quality: In the morning an expanded continental breakfast is offered in wonderful little room with newspapers by the fireplace. Bowls of cranberries and brown sugar were available for your hot oatmeal, yogurt, or cereal. Wonderful cinnamon bread and bagels sat by the toaster with a variety of interesting spreads (almond butter was my favorite). A tasty assortment of snacks was also available during the day. We met the innkeeper (Amy ~ another warm amazing woman) who during breakfast graciously answered all of our questions. The property is located just a short 3 blocks from the shops ~ however ~ it's a little bit hilly so we chose to drive to dinner and around the area. I liked being up in the residential neighborhood where it was more quiet, anyway. This was my BEST experience traveling EVER. I felt completely pampered. If I could move in……..I would. I LOVE IT!!!

Directions: Here is the direction link from their website ~ http://www.carmelcountryinn.com/map.html

Nearby Carmel Country Inn

Carmel Country Inn

• Country Inn Carmel
  • Carmel Country Hotel Carmel

Address: Dolores Street & Third Avenue, Carmel, California, 93921, United States

Amenities at Carmel Country Inn

• Continental Breakfast
  • Airport Transportation
  • Free High Speed Internet

Carmel-by-the-Sea Travel Forum

Need advice about Carmel-by-the-Sea, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Carmel-by-the-Sea and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Carmel-by-the-Sea hotel reviews