Cobblestone Inn

Junipero Between Seventh & Eighth, PO Box 3185, Carmel, California, 93921, United States

Booking.com Hotels.com Tingo.com

• tere1's Profile Photo

An inn with a motel feel!

The Cobblestone Inn has nothing to do with its sister property Inn at Sonoma, which is lovely.
    This is a very worn bed and breakfast that looks more like a motel.

The rooms are very dated and worn, needing a complete makeover. Bathrooms are tiny , you can hardly fit in them. I din't like the way the rooms all opened outside, I felt like I was in a motel. You also hear all the noise outside, people walking on the outside corridor.

The "signature" breakfast was a dull breakfast with scrambled eggs and pancakes, nothing to write home about. Staff were not very helpful.

Carmel is a lovely little town and has many beautiful and charming bed and breakfast places and inns but this place is not one of them. It's not cheap either, I paid $135 per night plus taxes.

More about Cobblestone Inn

Wonderful Stay at Cobblestone Inn

The rooms were immaculate. The innkeepers were friendly and warm. Loved the teddy bear in the room, especially his holding a new tea rose every evening. Breakfast was delicious. Would definitely stay there again.

All you need

The Cobblestone Inn is a very cozy and relaxing B & B. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms were always promptly made. Breakfast was different every morning and the afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres was a nice touch if you were around during the late afternoon early evening. I enjoyed it so much that when I checked out I had to ask to be put back on the mailing list that I had denied during check-in. I also stayed an extra night, can't wait to go back to beautiful Carmel and stay at the Cobblestone inn. Enjoy.

Wonderful time.

We recently spent a wonderful couple of days at the Cobblestone Inn. We had a beautifully spacious and sunny King room, with a sitting area and fireplace. The room had great charm and was very tastefully decorated, as was the entire Inn. We were very well treated there. The included breakfast was first rate, particularly their coffee! For other meals, it was very convenient to the Carmel restaurants. We can reccommend this Inn highly.

Cute, quaint, and comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member BellaDonna2007

I have no idea what these bad reviews are about...the Cobblestone Inn was tucked in between two other buildings and the sign was kind of small when we arrived. The property is small and it is a little worn in Carmel's standards. We probably had the least expensive room for $145/night but we were pleased with it. The room was decorated like most bed and breakfasts. The little card on the bed welcoming us did add a nice touch. We had a mini-fridge in our room with complimentary canned soft drinks. We also had a nice automatic-lighting fireplace. The bathroom was on the small side but you're not going to spend the night in there, are you? The room and the bathroom were both very clean. The only thing I have to complain about was the the tv was like 8 inches and tucked away in a corner and it was difficult to watch tv.

The breakfast was extensive offering cereals, breads, oatmeals, fresh fruit cut up, orange juice, coffee, teas, hot chocolate, and a vegetarian omelet. The omelet was the popular dish and the staff could not make it as fast as people were eating it.

The other people that were staying at the Inn were above mid-age couples and kind of snooty.

Overall, you can't beat Cobblestone Inn for the price in Carmel

everything was great!

by TripAdvisor Member relayer

We only stayed 1 night, but definitely recommend this inn. Our room was a cozy queen, but was plenty big enough for the night. My wife and I enjoyed the many touches that made our stay memorable, including the note upon arrival, the rose at turndown, soda in the fridge, and newspaper at the door in the morning. We did not have time to enjoy the refreshments in the afternoon, but the breakfast was awesome!. The main course was eggs benedict, with plenty other options like warm oatmeal, warm muffins, cereal, fresh fruit, ect. I just wish we had more than 1 night at the Cobblestone Inn because we really enjoyed the area. My one tip is to have lunch out at Pebble Beach. Not a better cobination of golf history and beauty in one setting.

love the Inn

We love caming to the Inn, we try to stay almost every year. we look forward for the next time. Everybody is friendly and helpfull. The breakfast is wonderful. the only suggestion that I may give you is that this year I mention to the person who did my reservation that the reason we stay at the Inn every year is because is our Wedding anniversary, I think if you would have some king of spacial pockege for anniversaries would be great. Maybe something that would include champain and chocolates.

Quiant Inn

This was the first b&b we've stayed at. The location was perfect - walking distance to the beach, stores, and restaurants. The inn was cute, and the breakfast and afternoon wine reception was a nice touch. If you would like to sleep-in (past 8 am), you may want to stay at a more quiet place. It can get a bit noisy with all the guests getting up - the walls are thin. If you stay on the first floor, you will also get the noise from the room above.

20th aniversary

by TripAdvisor Member Blano

The room was more than can be expected, we had the honeymoon suite which was awsome. I loved going out of my room into the dining room to get coffee, food, whatever, sit down in the cozy livingroom/eatting area and sitting there listening to nice classical music, reading, relaxing, it had a great home feeling.
The staff was great, from when we got there to when we left.
I would highly reccommend this place to anybody who loves more than a continental breakfast and loves the feel of class!!!
AAA++++