67967 Vista Chino & Landau, Palm Springs, California, 92234, United States
Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort
Travelocity Hotels.com Booking.com

More about Doral Desert Princess Resort

No respect for Hotwire

We were treated poorly at the front desk by Julie when she saw we were Hotwire clients. The hotel was almost empty but we were told that a quiet room on the mountain side would cost twenty dollars extra a night. This was said in rather a nasty manner. Clearly the front desk doesn't approve of Hotwire. The hotel is rather shabby, needing new carpeting,etc. The old air conditioning system sounds like a jet plane. My best advice is to stay somewhere else.

Second Time Visitor - Nice Staff

by TripAdvisor Member TravHopper

I am back and can say I enjoyed my stay at the Doral once again. This time I was treated famously by the front desk staff in particular, Bunny. They were accomodating in finding me a room similar to my previous experience since the exact one wasn't available. I do think they need to address some repairs in the rooms. I noticed that some plumbing work must have been going on. I felt the bar staff was pleasant as well as the poolside service. I am not surprised by the Hotwire guest review because Hotwire's prices can be so discounted because you are only getting the leftovers. So don't ask for more for free when others paid for it. But don't blame the hotel staff not being able to help you with your requests, their agreement with Hotwire is very clear....no upgrades...bargain rooms for bargain prices. It is the same if you use them for cars and airline tickets. You knew that when you bought from Hotwire.

OK resort if not a little dull

by TripAdvisor Member eaglesrest

This place is cheap and cheerful but is limited on the activities available. The dining options are VERY limited which leads to a need to hit the roads in search of better restaurants and the need for a designated driver :(

If we ever go back to Palm Springs I'd stay in Rancho Mirage which seems to have all the best bars and restaurants and has a buzz about the place!

The rooms were average but the views stunning!

Stayed in one of their condos- Terrible Experience at the Spa

So a group of us women came to relax and to use the spa and sauna. All of us booked appointments for service at the spa. They only have 2 rooms for massages so the appointment times were set 15 min. appart. One of the "massage therapists" finished late on the first group and then scolded the 2nd group for not showing up on time even though she was still cleaning and setting up when they arrived. So we ignored it/her and just paid and tipped them as reasonable adults would and went on our way.

The next day when we arrived to just use the sauna, the same rude person told us that she had just turned it on and it needed time to warm up. So we said we would return in 20-30 minutes when it would be ready for use. After 20-30 minutes, we returned and she locked us out! When we called to see what was going on, she sighed and said "well its only by appointments." Well she could have easily said that to us beforehand so that we didn't have to waste 20 minutes waiting for nothing!!! And even so, we called the hotel front desk to ask if the sauna can be used without booking a spa service and they said yes! We would never return to this spa ever and would not recommend it to anyone either!!!

As for the condo at this resort, it was ok. Cobwebs here and there and peeling wallpaper in one part, but hey- you get what you pay for. And it was the only place that could accomodate 6 women without having to book 2 hotel rooms.

And when we told the hotel manager about the problem about the spa, she pretty much said sorry- you're out of luck. "They're independent contractors and they just rent the space" and she did not offer any compensation.

Relaxing Stay at the Doral

by TripAdvisor Member Keesar

Just returned from a stay at the Doral while visiting the Palm Springs area. The Doral was an excellent hotel that we both enjoyed. Staff was friendly and service was excellent throughout the entire stay. Desk services were outstanding and check in and out were a breeze. We had 3 people helping us at the desk when we arrived! What was noted throughout our stay were efforts on the part of staff to keep the facility clean and up to date. Staff were constantly cleaning all over the hotel during our stay- from the elevators to the pool deck to the windows in our room. I am a tennis player and could not believe that the courts were being power washed which I was told was a weekly event. The golf facilities looked real nice.

Our room was spacious and we had a wonderful view of the pool and the mountains from our 4th floor room. The room had a safe, refrig., high quality toiletries, double sinks, and was very clean. The hotel was very quiet that week and we were able to relax. We felt like we had the whole hotel to ourselves! The pool was very clean as were the two spas. There were towels a plenty and the drink service was outstanding. Wonderful views of the mountains from the pool. I was really impressed in how clean the lounge chairs were at the pool. The pond between the pool and the golf course had these huge koy fish .

When we entered the lobby, we were often asked if we wanted a ride to the airport or to Palm Springs restaurants or shopping areas. That is a service the hotel provided but since we had a car, we did not utilize these options.

In summary, we had a wonderful and relaxing time staying at this hotel and will return in the future.

Beautiful....

I just took my husband to Palm Springs for his 50th birthday. We go on 2-3 trips per year, but neither of us had ever been to Palm Springs. My husband loves to golf and we are from Calgary, Canada, so of course we love to go to warmer climates. I booked this trip on Expedia and did not check this resort's reviews until after I had booked. Needless to say, after reading several of the "negative" reviews, I was a bit concerned. However, from the moment that we arrived, the concerns were gone. Robert, at the front desk was unbelievably welcoming and helpful- he took the time to show us points of interest, tell us about several "fabulous" local restaurants (we love to eat good food!) and even directed us to where the best wine shop was. His tips were right on the money and helped make Palm Springs one of our favorite destinations! We had asked for a 4th floor room since I heard that this is where the best views were. Robert gave us a 1st floor room- I think it had to be the best in the hotel for the location and the view. I'm so glad we trusted his advise! We will definately be going back to Palm Springs and we will definately stay at the Doral -and hopefully Robert will still be there!

Comfortable, standard rooms

The Doral rooms look exactly like the pictures they post on their website. I believe they renovated about 4 years ago, but the room was starting to show its wear and tear. We liked the double sinks in the restroom as well as the mini fridge. The room was clean and I never felt any "ickiness" to it. What we didn't like were our rowdy neighbors always slamming their doors until past 1 am on our first night's stay. The food and service at the Fairway Cafe left MUCH to be desired. My turkey burger contained a slice of moldy cheddar and their signature turkey sandwich was on a roll hard as a rock. Told waiter (Jose) about the moldy cheese and that we were not going to send it back and wait for another one because we were in a rush to leave after waiting 25 minutes for our burger and sandwich. He took some of the cheese into the kitchen (with no apoligizes) and came back with the check without any deductions. Other than the poor restaurant experience, the staff members at the hotel were always friendly. Note: visiting Palm Springs was a disappointment altogether because of the lack of activities coupled with the sweltering heat. Do NOT go during summer months.

Nice! Clean! Good Pool! Far from Nightlife!

by TripAdvisor Member rawkneee

My girlfriend and I went for a weekend to the Doral Dessert Princess. I'ts a very nice place; big rooms, big pool, nice people to serve you. My only complaint is that it's a bit far from downtown (18 minutes driving) and the shuttle service isn't always available. They have a shuttl that will take you to downtown, but they won't go between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. They say that they only go to the airport during this time. I wanted to go have dinner downtown. I didn't want to eat at the hotel, not because of their restaurant, but because the restaurant at the hotel was empty and I wanted a better ambiance. The shuttle driver was sitting there doing nothing, but he said he had to wait until 9 p.m. That was there company policy. So, we had to take a taxi to downtown. The taxi ride was $22 each way. It was a bit pricy, and I think I would've rather paid an extra $40 for a hotel in downtown and save myself from the taxi fee.
We went downtown to have a few drinks. There is a lounge in the hotel, but it's pretty dead. Not much of a happy ambiance there.
During the day, we spent our time in the pool area. The pool was nice and big. There was a lot of kids at the pool, but they didn't bother us. The kids mostly stayed in the shallow end of the pool. There is a full service bar and a BBQ grill at the pool. That was a good lunch.
I read other reviews stating that there was a lot of gay people showing their affection in front of children in the hotel...NOT the case when I was there. There is a lot of gay people throughout Palm Springs, but I didn't notice any at the hotel. There were mostly families and regular couples at the hotel. Over all, it's a god place. Drive 18 minutes towards downtown, or drive 15 minutes the other way to the Agua Caliente Casino. There is plenty of nightlife there. The Spa Casino has dancing and live bands during the weekend (not sure about midweek). Good Times!

Great Place especially great rates

This is my second time staying here. My first time was in April 2004 for a Mommy's get away. We booked thru a hotel discount site and were a little nervous going in but we were pleasantly surprised at how nice and clean and friendly the staff was. So, I thought for the good prices and golf package we would go back as a family, so in June 2005, my husband & I with the kids and my in-laws went back. I was really nervous this time cause they are very particular and once again this place was clean with impeccable service.

The pool is huge the kids thought it was great you can have rafts and people are not on top of you. The staff at the outdoor bar was great they waiter serviced any food you ordered.

This is a great hotel for any occasion.

Rude Front Desk Staff - Genl Mgr was no help

We were told on the phone our rooms would be ready at 1 pm - but we couldn't get in until 3:30 pm - after we called out the GM. We were told we should "keep calling" to see if the rooms were ready - they were "inundated" (6 people waiting to check in!), so wouldn't call us. The GM, Elie, wasn't very helpful, but at least we were able to get in. The hotel is old & needs to be renovated. Our patio door whistled all night, even with the door closed.

Frolic in the fountainFrolic in the fountain

Comments