Quality Inn & Suites Date Palm

2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

69151 East Palm Canyon Drive (Former Comfort Suites) Cathedral City, California 92234 United States

Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City
Expedia.com RedLion.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Similarly priced and rated as other 2.5 star hotels

• Little paradise in the desert!!!

I was so tired about LA so I decided to get out for the weekend, I decided Palm Springs area, so I was looking for something nice, clean and relax... and I found it, this place is so relax during the day I enjoyed the pool like a child, the breakfast was so delicious, there are a lot of restaurants less than 2 miles, the staff is so helpful, everything was so good... I got my excellent weekend and I recharged my batteries... Thank You for everything.

Unique Quality: In front of the hotel is a pool view, but back the hotel it is a mountain view, it was a good experience.

• Watch out for the thief!

Watch out for thief who works there! I stayed there on February 10 - 12, 2012 for the Tour de Palm Springs and had an expensive wrist watch stolen from my room while I was gone during the day. Management didn't seem to be very concerned and acted like it was no big deal. I have traveled all over the US and in many other countries for the last 30 years and have stayed in some pretty bad places, but I have NEVER had my personal things stolen.

The room was okay and reasonably clean, but in definite need of maintenance and repair. The included breakfast was pretty disappointing.The room rate was pretty good, but not when I figure in what the watch was worth. I could have stayed in a reputable hotel for double the price and still come out a lot cheaper. If you stay there, take everything that is worth any value with you when you leave the room.

• Do NOT stay here

Checked into Room 310 Friday PM

Used the bathroom & the toilet almost overflowed.
    Freezer was so frosted over with ice the door would not shut.
    It had to be over 100* inside the room when we checked in & being the a/c unit is in the living room and nothing in the bedroom we were up all night because of it.
    We own an A/C company so we took out the filter & cleaned it in the tub & it was filthy & had holes in it.
    The sink in the bathroom drips.
    Pool was so cloudy you could not see the bottom of it.

In the a.m. we looked at the pool & couldn't even see the bottom it was so cloudy. I called & talked to Brian Wickland & asked if they were going to have a pool guy clean it & was told probably not & that he was just there yesterday. I asked if he had looked at the pool today & was again told well the pool guy was just here yesterday. I said I was very disappointed in our stay so far & he said "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU CAN LEAVE" never once did he ask what was wrong or how can I fix it for you. I asked if he was going to refund our $ for the extra two night we would be losing $ on & he said he could not make that decision only the GM could. I asked for the GM to call me he said she would be there in the a.m. we hung out in our room waiting for her to call (still waiting 4 days later)

We checked the pool later & it had a sign on it that it was closed until 3 p.m.

Went to get lunch I called the hotel & was told the manager would call me when he was off the phone over 2 hrs later still no call I went in to complain. I asked for the manager & Brian says he is the manager I said I see from you name tag that your Brian, you don't happen to be the one I spoke to this morning that was so rude to me on the phone are you? He said "probably" & walked out leaving Maria to try to help me. (very sweet & tried to be helpful) She tried getting the manager on the phone several times & left her message that it was kind of an emergency with no call back. I told her I was done & wanted my $ back & we would leave. She said she couldn't credit the night we stayed, but did the other 2 nights.

So not only did we have a crappy room & crappy service our 3 day weekend was ruined because there were no other places with kitchens available anywhere around Palm Springs for the weekend & on top of that we had to pay for gas to do nothing. We will never, ever stay in one of your hotels again. Obviously your employees are lacking in training, if they talk to customers the way Brian did to me. If he were my employee he would be fired on the spot.

I sent this to corporate & didn't hear anything back from them for 2 weeks sent it again & finally had someone call me & told me that they had offered me to stay for FREE for 2 night (lie) not that I would have taken them up on it the place is a dump. I took my complaint to AAA & they got them to give me back my $ for the night I did stay. That finally happened in July (3 months later) Quality Inn has horrible customer service.

Comments