685 Manzanita Ct, Chico, CA 95926

Bobcat Lounging in a Neighbor's YardBobcat Lounging in a Neighbor's Yard

Good TimesGood Times

parking in Chico

by cetta01

I'm taking a road trip and stopping in Chico. I'm planning on grabbing lunch and then maybe exploring downtown. Is parking likely to be an issue? If so, does anyone have any tips about where it might be easiest to park?

RE: parking in Chico

by bevjerry

We usually go on the web and look up the municipal codes regarding parking if we're thinking of parking our RV on the street at night.

Re: parking in Chico

by CelticSu

Exploring downtown Chico is a great idea! Be sure to check out Bird in Hand on Broadway (not only do they have lots of fun things to shop, from unique children's toys to unique decorator items, but they house the National Yo-Yo Museum), and Made in Chico on Main (where you'll find a variety of items that are created by local artists and craftspersons).

As for parking: there's a public parking structure between Broadway & Salem, and between 3rd & 4th Streets; there's a municipal lot between Wall & Flume, and 2nd & 3rd Streets (that one is used up by the Farmer's Market on Saturdays, though). And there's a parking lot at the Transit Center, Salem & 2nd Street. There's also parking on the streets. Parking is somewhat more difficult during the week when Chico State is in session, but I have been downtown at all different times of the day and night and I usually can find a spot.

Hope this is helpful!
Suzi

Travel Tips for Chico

??Wildlife in Chico??

by CelticSu

Well ~ not exactly right IN Chico, but certainly nearby.

And, sometimes, right in our own backyards!

Besides the bobcat pictured here, we've seen the following in the neighborhood: deer, mountain lion, bear, coyote, wild turkey, sandhill cranes (they fly over my house when they head north after the winter), quail, and about 30 species of birds that come to my feeders.

Canyon

by Tom_Fields

Outside Chico, to the east, is a canyon even bigger and more spectacular than the one in Bidwell Park. From downtown Chico, take Highway 99 south. Turn off on Skyway, heading east. The road has a few vista points, which are unmarked. They are on the left as you head out toward Magalia. Keep a sharp eye out for these places, as they are a bit hard to find.

Chico Institution w/ a college spin

by Etoile2B about The Graduate

The Graduate is a longtime favorite in the community, especially with the college students. It’s known for burgers, beer and sports. Orders are taken at the counter then it’s a free-for-all to find a table. Waitresses (formerly clad in rollerskates) bring your food to the table for you. This place is always hopping and it can be often difficult to find a table. But it’s a great casual place to watch sports, hang out with friends and grab a beer. The burgers keep people coming back for more. It's all about the burgers.

I can't quite call it home...

by Etoile2B

My family lives here and I spent about 8 years here going to school. I don't quite consider it my hometown because we didn't move here until I was 10, and I was never truly happy with that decision to live here in the first place. But as an adult I've learned to appreciate Chico for what it has to offer and honestly look forward to coming back to visit friends and family.

"Cast B Schedule December 9 - 13, 1993"

Thursday the 9th - Cast B leaves Salinas behind and heads into Chico, with a brief stop in Sacramento, the State Capitol for a little sightseeing. We pull into my old school for host drop off and I'm reunited with my family.

Friday the 10th - We arrive ready for CS and set up only to discover that it's Cast Appreciation Day!

Saturday the 11th - Cast B's first Expression Session.

Sunday the 12th - Free Day

Monday the 13th - Bye Mom & Dad! We're leaving Chico and driving into Ridgecrest.

"Memories of Cast B's visit to Chico..."

Host Code: None needed for me. I'm hosted by my own family!
Roommates: Jake (North Dakota), Ehren (Arizona), Salla (Sweden) & Jen O. (Minnesota)

Comments