150 Bonita Road, Chula Vista, California, 91910, United States

More about Chula Vista

PavillonPavillon

South Bay Fish & GrillSouth Bay Fish & Grill

Small Pizza for Lunch OnlySmall Pizza for Lunch Only

First to arrive, Chips, Salsas and MargaritasFirst to arrive, Chips, Salsas and Margaritas

Wind surfing

by castlepark

Does the J St. marina offer wind surfing lessons and wave runner or jet ski rentals?

RE: Wind surfing

by lmkluque

I'm not sure that there are wind surfing lessons at the Chula Vista (J Street) Marina, but you might check with them.

550 Marina Parkway
Chula Vista, CA 91910
Phone: (619) 691-1860

I have seen wind surfers and jet skiers out there, but not anything that looked like classes.

Hope this helps,
Linda

Travel Tips for Chula Vista

Must visit the Chula Vista...

by brdwtchr

Must visit the Chula Vista Nature Center. That was the primary purpose of my trip to Chula Vista. I did not see much else of Chula Vista but I had a great time at the nature center. Petting sharks and rays at the nature center.

Truck route

by matcrazy1

It seems that they sign routes for trucks quite different than in most European countries.
Enlarge my picture: they just put a sign with TRUCK ROUTE written.
In most of Europe (I think) we write: TRANSIT + eventually put a small truck picture by it (depends on a country).

Generally they often write warnings surely in English on their traffic signs. Maybe I should put vocabulary of these writings on my USA page someday. Hmm... they usually use simple/basic words. I didn't know only one word: XING = pedestrian crossing haha.

Shopping carts without locks

by matcrazy1

Look at my picture.
Shopping carts look quite the same as I used to see around Europe (with a place for your kid - if you have a small one :-).

But there is one difference at least with my homecountry:
American carts don't have locks and I liked it much :-))).
In my homecountry all shopping carts by supermarkets are locked: you must put a small coin to take one (to unlock it) = you are motivated to get it back to its place after shopping (to get a coin back). Is it understable in my English? He?

Hmm... it seems that customers in Chula Vista always take their shopping carts back to their "storage places" (how do you call it?) after shopping and even if not (very rarely) - the supermarket staff do it.

Comment by my friend CHRIS (balfor) from Atlanta, Georgia, USA:
We generally call them "cart racks". However here in the southeast, they don't call them carts, but rather they call them buggie (which I don't understand because I've never seen a horse pulling one! ) so they will refer to them as buggy racks.

Comment by my friend JUDY (JudyinPA):
When we lived in a university town the students always took their groceries home in the cart. That is a great idea having to rent the cart and getting the money back on the return.

Historic Homes in Chula Vista!

by lmkluque

Touring ancient cities in Europe and standing in structures built as long ago as the 1400's is more impressive than seeing the home that is pictured here and thinking of it as an historic building. However, each bit of history we save and point out, helps to understand the past and it is interesting to me.

Every year Chula Vista offers us their Historic Home Tour that ends with Tea in the Garden of one of these lovely places. Tickets can be purchased at the Chula Vista Heritage Museum, 360 Third Avenue.

If the date for the tour does not coincide with your visit, check the website for the addresses of houses listed and make your own tour. I grew-up in a Craftman house in CV--which is not on the list--and there are quite a few of them around as well as other styles to see.

WindSurfing in Chula Vista!

by lmkluque

Watching is the only thing I've done, but that shouldn't limit you. Windsurfing in Chula Vista at Bayside Park (AKA, J Street Marina) is a popular thing to do. This is a good place to learn as the weather conditions are right for the sport and it is not a high traffic tourist area where the multitudes can watch the effect of your unmet expectations.

However, it is also a place where professionals like to come and compete. In the fall months, the San Diego Windsurfing Association Formula Races are held here for all who like to watch the competition. September 10, October 1, November 5 and December 3 noon J Street, Chula Vista is the date, time and place this year. (2005)

I have actually only seen people trying to learn and though it might not be nice to say, it is a very, very funny experience. Of course, laughing at the sight of determined novices pulling themselves up on the board, over and over again, after falling in various ways, may seem rude, but truth be told, admiration for their continued and dogged effort is what really allows me to enjoy it so. If you haven't brought your own windsurfing board, one can be purchased at Marbella Surf Designs
825 Hollister, Chula Vista, CA 91910