Motel 6 San Diego - Chula Vista

745 E Street, I-5 at the E Street exit, Chula Vista, California 91910, United States

Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 31% more and rated 19% lower than other 2 star hotels

• worst hotel ever!

The worst place ever! It's not safe at night. There was this girl looking inside a car like she was trying to steal something. We stayed in one of the rooms and a couple of hours after we arrived there was domestic violence in the next room, like really bad. It sounded like the girl was slammed into the walls and there was a bunch of yelling. The worst thing was that the guy who had tattoos all over, saw us walking into our room before all of this happened. We felt fearful to report him because the other rooms were empty. This is probably the smallest room I have every stayed in. Not worth the price at all. The staff in the office was very rude. They had to call to get authorization to refund us when we had a genuine safety concern. The security guard was standing in the office rather than walking around premises. In order to get a refund they had to kick out the other guy and bring him to the office where we were, so he saw us and our vehicle which made us feel more unsafe. Overall the worst hotel experience in our lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Budget and Convenient

A VT Friend asked about budget accommodations in Chula Vista and I checked this one out. It is located just across the street from the Bayside/E Street Trolley station and bus stops. In close proximity are restauarants that are low to medium priced and up a few blocks is the Chula Vista Shopping Center.

Of course, I haven't stayed here as I live in the area, but would if the need arose. I drove around the place and took a few photos, hoping to give a realistic feel to the place. While taking a picture of the pool area a guy standing near saw me and posed for the shot. Later I found out that he was actually "security" for Motel-6. I'd say that is a perk for a budget type motel, but the area is safe enough, day or night, so I wouldn't consider his presence an ominous sign. I pass this motel quite frequently. It and the area have always felt safe enough to me.

It is set back off the street, behind a McDonalds and a Black Angus. It offers plenty of free parking and the block of rooms form a square surrounding a smallish courtyard which includes an outdoor pool.

I would mention that this motel is next to the Interstate 5 freeway, which is on the west side of the motel, So, if you tend to be a light sleeper you might ask about the acoustics of the rooms before making a reservation or asking for a room at the eastern end of the complex where possible noise level would be at a minimum. I will say that I-5 in this area of San Diego hasn't much traffic during the late night hours, so the sounds might not be a problem to almost anyone, even a light sleeper.

Unique Quality: The amenities are bare-bones but there are a few. They have a pool and offer WiFi. It is just off the "E" Street exit of I-5 and very close to Trolley and buses, so, it is convenient to those who might have to rely on public transportation.

I went into the office to find out if they offered a weekly price. They do and for this coming summer the price for two weeks would be $675.86 plus tax for one person. The shocker, for me, was that their price is per person. So, for two people the amount would almost double. Not such a budget is it?

Before crossing this off my list as "budget" I would check at their website to see if this amount might be reduced considerably. I suggest you check their website in any case as the rate may have changed since writing this tip.

Comments