Best Western Kings Inn

Travel Tips for Corona

How I Reminesce Corona

by marinarena

"For my indulgence..."

I present to you Corona. She is the reigning princess of urban development of Inland Empire west. With her, you feel a great sense of newness which also, there is a good sense of comfort. Sure, this is one of many, many ordinary towns but I will spotlight her because I got to know the city personally and well, I always want to bring attention to towns of the "crossroads" or gateway cities in between two major areas.

"Memories!"

For the first few years of this century, I lived in Corona, a rapidly growing and superb L.A. suburb. At first, there was some reluctness in coming here. Being here meant being out of LA and Orange county loop, though barely. Corona is the next city over east of Yorba Linda, where I l had lived before. Still, I felt far away from the cool happenings of LA and central OC, especially with the many times of great traffic just getting out of Corona to go even a few miles and relying on shabby, infrequent public trans! However, Corona did and has built up well, providing enough to keep me satisfied and in some cases, intrigued.

Mostly, I go back to good times in Corona, living with two of my darling nieces and spending time around town while having a great love story. Unfortunately, it was also here when I first learned of and saw the tragic events of 9/11 unfolding.

"More to come..."