2000 Second St, Coronado, California, 92118, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Costs 51% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Flamingos in the Pond

The Marriott is located to the east of The Ferrylanding Market Place. It is in a secluded area right on the water and offers several restaurants with glorious bay views. So, if you can't afford to stay here at least stop in for a meal or even just a drink.

Marriott hotels, as a rule, are upscale and this one will live up to your expectations.

A normal guest room starts at $235.00 and a one bedroom Villa starts at $600.00 which should give you an idea of the prices. Make your reservation early because this Marriot is very popular with big companies and the hotel actually fills up.

Of course I haven't stayed here but have visited often for lunch, a drink or to check it out for a fellow VT'er. I think the most impressive aspect that I've notieced is that when I've asked any employee something about the hotel, even though they know--because I tell them-- that I won't be staying here, they have all been welcoming, friendly and seemed eager to help. Impressively so.

Unique Quality: Though the hotel doesn't look fancy from the outside, actually seems impersonal and the inside has an understated elegance, the service is excellent and everyone is made to feel welcomed from the moment they give their car to the valet until the moment they leave the building.

The style of the lobby is a bit austere to my way of looking at things, but there is a style and elegance that is gracious.

There is a path behind the hotel and from this path you'll come to the Ferry Landing Market Place. Plenty of shops and restaurants to explore and of course, the Ferry to go over to San Diego. I especially mention this because if you think of renting a car, the price of parking at the Marriott is pretty expensive per night.

More about Marriott Coronado Island Resort

5 STAR STAFF

My fiance and I thoroughly enjoyed our 5 night February visit to the Coronado Island Marriott Resort. I've been fortunate enough to stay at some top-notch hotel chains (Ritz Carlton's, Fairmont's, etc...) and I would rate the staff at the Coronado Island Marriott Resort as good as ANYWHERE I've stayed.

Yes there are some things you need to know about the hotel before you decide to book a stay.

It's not on the beach, so if that's important to you I would look somewhere else (Although the resort is only a 3 minute drive to the other side of the island where the beach is, and there is a wonderful walking path right on the bay from the Marriott to the ferry landing, which takes you to downtown San Diego).

Yes, the decor is not as plush as a Ritz Carlton, but the rooms are nice and very spacious and the grounds are quite lovely with coy ponds and beautiful tropical flora. As many others have suggested, I would strongly recommend paying a little extra for a bay view room - The views are stunning, and we had a first floor room with an enormous bay porch (approx. 12 x 15).

But as I stated earlier, great service is what made this hotel a 5 star experience for my fiance and I. Whether it's the friendly and helpful valet parking staff (which at $21/day is worth it compared to the $17/day self parking), room service or the spa facility, everyone at this Marriott Resort goes out of there way to truly make you feel special.

My fiance and I are planning on staying at this Marriott for all of our future San Diego excursions - And while it doesn't have the character of the Del Coronado, it's far less crowded, the rooms are not a crapshoot in terms of size, and did I mention the service?

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Jolenie

We stayed at the Marriott, Coronado in August of 2004. Although it was a little dated, the rooms were large and well maintained. Guest services were very good. The location was convenient--10 minutes from downtown San Diego, and yet it had the ambience of a small town. The pool was disappointingly small, but OK. Good for families and couples.

Nice For Relaxing Weekend

by TripAdvisor Member mary2go

Just got back from a long weekend at the Coronado Island Marriott. We booked the "Stay for Breakfast" deal for $299 a night, which included breakfast for two each day, one in room movie per night, 15% off of a boat rental as well as a $100.00 coupon to be used at a Marriott for a future stay. It was worth the extra $ espcially because we already have a trip planned next month where we will be staying at a Marriott. The hotel grounds are very well maintained, always plenty of chairs and towels at the pool, even though it was completely booked. The rooms were nice, but the furniture is showing wear and looks a little dated. We were traveling with our sons, 17 & 21 and the only choice for beds is 2 doubles or one king and the couch in the room doesn't fold out.

Unique and attractive property

by TripAdvisor Member wslaughter

I travel extensively on business and have the opportunity to stay at many terrific hotels and resorts. While this Marriott may not rank among the "top," it offers plenty of character, great views of the San Diego skyline, excellent food service, and a pool area that is more than ample. The staff is welcoming and consistently courteous, and the resort's proximity to the water taxi, it's own ferry service and to Coronado shops and restaurants are other plusses. Unless a traveller seeks to be "in the middle of things," or "upscale urban decor," this resort -- althouigh limited in its amenities -- is an excellent choice.

Very enjoyable...

by TripAdvisor Member ToffeeMan

We stayed here for 5 nights in late August, on the Paradise Package. This cost $275 per night, compared with the regular rate of $250. For the extra $25 we got free breakfast for two adults and two children ( worth $40-50), free parking ($15), free movie ($13) and free water taxi, which we did not use at it finishes around 6.30pm. Oh, and kids eat free, and we got 15% discount on other meals. An excellent deal.
The room was large. We chose a King bed with sofa bed, plus had a rollaway bed installed. This did mean we had to put the coffee table on the balcony, but at least the kids had their own beds.
The bathroom was large, with shower and jacuzzi bath. Staff were all friendly and helpful. The pool area is very pleasant, and poolside food is reasonably priced.
The Ferry Landing area is a short 10-15 minute walk along the front, with three good restaurants. We particularly enjoyed Il Fornaio - the kids menu is cheap and more than enough for our 10 and 13 year olds.
We did eat at the hotel on the Saturday, because all the three local restaurants were fully booked. Generally, I don't like eating dinner in hotels, but I did on this occasion. Why? The kids ate for free, our food was superb, and we had our 15% reduction as well!
Compared with other hotels we stayed at in San Francisco and L.A. this hotel is not cheap, but overall we thought it was good value for money.

OK hotel - 3 star not 4 star

Resort was OK - would not be worth it at a rate above $200. It's a 3star hotel, not a 4 star. location is great but the hotel needs a facelift

PRO: friendly staff, not too crowded compared to Hotel Del which is a zoo, has its own ferry and is close to the public ferry, rooms are very spacious (pay for the bay view, it's worth it), good breakfast, on the water with nice walking paths

CON: the resort was outdated in decor (looks like a 70s apt building), weird layout so you end up walking quite a bit, rooms need to be updated and there was mold on the bathroom

Loved the Marriott

by TripAdvisor Member xtina27

I stayed here in May and i absolutely loved it!! We got the Paradise Package for $279 per night, which was a $20 difference from the normal rate and i really recommed it. For the extra $20 we got free breakfast vouchers both days and used it for Room Service where we got a large amount of food for the $40 voucher, free parking ($15) a day, free movie per night($13), a discount on meals and the gift shop and a room upgrade. I am so glad we did it because we saved about $50-$70 a day!! The hotel is beautiful but large and confusing. Make sure you know where your room is because i got lost twice and it is a long walk. There are Koy Ponds and Birds in all the outdoor lobbies which i really enjoyed. We really lucked out with our room which was on the top floor with a balcony and was huge!! We had a view of the Bay, the Bridge and the San Diego Skyline which we loved!! We traveled to nearby Coronado Village the first night and had an ok dinner and the second night we got completely lost coming home from San Diego and wound up eating at the hotel at about 9pm. There was only one thing on the menu that me and my sister would eat so we ordered that and it was great. We ate outside and there was a band and a view of the skyline, they even put heaters outside when it became chilly. I really enjoyed our stay and would definitely do it again. The only thing that we were disappointed with is that we thought it was a beach front hotel and it wasnt, we actually never found the beach there but we very much enjoyed the pool.

very pet friendly

We stayed at this hotel because we brought our dog and it was considered a pet friendly hotel. We loved it. We stayed in one of the cottages and had a small stream with ducks right outside our room! The housekeepers were very friendly and considerate towards our dog. We even took him to breakfast with us and enjoyed walking him around the grounds. There is a water taxi that takes you to the village shops and you are right on the water!!!!

Great stay - perfect location.

by TripAdvisor Member GoMets

Stayed 3 days Dec. 26-29,2004. Very nice, great views of the city, bridge, etc... Not the newest or fanciest Marriott ever, but the room size, view and location make up for it. They also had some nice birds and fish displays right in the outdoor hallways. You'll want to rent a car if you visit downtown San Diego alot, even though the ferry is within walking distance (it closes early).

Comments