Westin South Coast Plaza

686 Anton Blvd, Costa Mesa, CA 92626

The Westin South Coast Plaza
Booking.com Westin.com Expedia.com

• bpwarne's Profile Photo

Great hotel in a great location

We stayed at this hotel for three nights in Sept, 2007. We paid $66 total/weekend night and $84 total/weekday night for a room with a courtyard view.
    Our room was large, clean and appearred recently rennovated. Ammenities were pretty standard in nature. The best feature of the room was the bed. Extremely comfortable with feather duvets, pure heaven.
    Staff was friendly and helpful.
    Covered self parking, $12/day, valet parking available.
    Broadband Internet, $10/day (better to go to the Corner Bakery Cafe, about 2 blocks away, for free internet and great breakfast at bargain prices)
    Room Service available.
    Great large pool on the second floor.
    We booked this hotel through Priceline bidding and it was a a truly fantastic bargain for a hotel of this stature in the Orange County area.

Unique Quality: Location, location, location. Adjoins the South Coast Plaza by an overhead walkway over Bristol St. Also adjacent to the South Coast Repertory Theater and the Orange County Performing Arts Center. Many great restaurants nearby. Orange County airport 10 minutes by car. Newport Beach is a short hop on freeway from here.
    An interesting short diversion within a few minutes walk of the hotel is the California Scenario, a sculpture garden of abstract designs representative of the state's terrain, designed by Isamu Noguchi. Admission is free, also known as the Noguchi Garden

Directions: Corner of Bristol St and Anton Blvd, near the 405 freeway

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Heavenly Bed!

The Westin South Coast Plaza is really a great gateway for the business traveler, or the high end tourist. As with all of the Westin chain, it does have the Heavenly Bed, which truly makes a hotel bed feel like home.

Located within walking distance of South Coast Plaza, and a short drive or cab ride from John Wayne Airport (SNA), this hotel is a wonderful stomping ground for your trip here.

Unique Quality: Heavenly Bed, and the fact you can eat at multiple restaurants in South Coast Plaza and charge them back to the hotel bill.

More about Westin South Coast Plaza

Nice Westin - Linens Worn

by TripAdvisor Member Onmessage1

I really loved this hotel. For one, you can not beat the location. Right off the 405 (though you can't hear the highway), 15 mins from Newport Beach and a footbridge connects to the fabulous South Coast Plaza mall. Starwood also does a great job with service, food and you gotta love the Heavenly Beds and Showers. One problem: the sheets are wearing badly on the bed - they felt rough to the touch and do not accomodate the large mattresses. Not a reason AT ALL to avoid the hotel but something management should note.

Nicest Hotel I've ever stayed at

by TripAdvisor Member Almaden

This is the nicest hotel I've been to. I usually stay at Best Westerns but I stumbled onto something that gave me a great rate on this hotel. The Westin has all the things you would expect from a 4 star hotel. The lobby, bar area, resturant, pool, gym, and room were all top notch. Employess were very professional. The bed sheets, pillows, and covers were all fluffy and white... as if we were the first ones to use them. The room was spacious. There just wasn't a thing to complain about. The hotel has a nice bridge that leads to a very nice and upscale mall. Or if you walk up the street, there are stores of every variety so you don't need to use your car once you arrive. We used this hotel to cap off a day at Disneyland and its was only a 15 minute drive away.
The hotel has an amazing looking bar area with the backdrop of a real fountain/waterfall behind the windows but oddly there were only a handful of people there on a Friday night. Overall, a great place.

Gold upgraded to Suites, without asking!

Got the room for $123, Internet/Pre-pay Rate

Valet parking is $19 a day.

Stayed in room 928/29 Mini Suite.

Check-in was awesome, they acknowledge my gold status. She told me I was automatically upgraded to a Junior Suite. This room was one of the best upgrades I have ever received from SPG. It came with two rooms, two bathrooms, king bed, two desks, couches, and a hide-a-way bed in the wall. It over looked the pool, workout rooms, and mall. This is a sweet hotel, just about 30-45 min drive from LAX.

Its in a great location but shows signs of wear.

by TripAdvisor Member toipoole

You can't be the location. It is very central.

Surprisingly, the bathroom was very small and showed signs of wear and tear. The room decor was modern but worn.

I traveled with a group, and 4 of 5 agreed that this was the "worst" Westin that they have ever stayed in.
Don't get me wrong, it is a nice hotel but relative to some of its Westin counterparts, it is shabby and in need of some TLC.

Housekeeping is not up to snuff at this hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member AtlantaTraveler2010

I was very unhappy with housekeeping at this hotel. There was a dirty washcloth (not mine) in my shower the first day. Day two, I left the card on my bed to have the sheets changed and when I got in, there was a dirty man's sock (not mine) on the bed which told me that I had slept on sheets that had not be changed from the previous guest. The curtains looked like someone had spilled something on them and had to be changed. I repeatedly have to ask for items that should have been refilled automatically (lotion, tea, etc.) The straw that broke the camels back was when I sent out drycleaning (had to ask for a bag to be brought to my room) and since there was no form in the room to fill out, I was shocked by the prices when drycleaning was returned. $14.50 to wash (not dry clean) a shirt! I would change hotels if it weren't for the proximity to my client's office.

Best Hotel Restaurant & Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member cindybelm

This hotel had the most beautiful restaurant- you felt like you were eating in Provence. High ceilings. exposed beams, fireplace, beautiful flowers... I could have sat there all day. Breakfast was very good also.

Hotelwise- it was just like most Westins. Was there for only one night but I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Besides with the South Coast Plaza Mall across the street, it's a shoppers paradise!

Wonderful hotel!

I arrived at the airport at 12 noon, and was picked up by a hotel car (not a van). This made me feel quite special. There were no lines at the front desk (even with 2 different conferences at the hotel) which impressed me.

When someone came behind me, another clerk magically appeared to help him (so no one waited to be served). Check in time is at 3pm, but my room was ready, since I alerted the hotel that my plane would arrive at 12. I was in my room at 12:30, so I stowed my belongings and went to lunch at the restaurant in the hotel. Spent the rest of my free time at the spa (ask for a spa pass at the front desk). My conference ran nonstop with only 1 hour free each day, so I did not see too much of the mall which is within walking distance of the hotel. I spent all of my time at the spa across from the hotel.

The staff was great, the room clean, bed soft, and I had a great time there. Wish I could come back.

The only negative thing: the toilet tissue and kleenex were not of good quality, so bring your own or buy some at the supermarket for your stay. This surprized me with all of the luxury, they buy inferior paper products.

Comments