681 Highway 101 South, Crescent City, California, 95531, United States

More about Lighthouse Inn

Great hotel stay

by TripAdvisor Member MSWMom50

We stayed at the Lighthouse Inn for two nights during a visit to the Redwood Coast for sightseeing. We were very pleased with the hotel. It is attractive both inside and out and looks like it is well maintained. Our room was very large, larger than most hotel rooms we have stayed in and it was a standard king room. The room had a small couch as well as a small table and two chairs. There was a very long counter with the sink and the room included a microwave and refrigerator that we did not use. The breakfast was nice but they were running out of a few things later in the morning before the breakfast ended. But, that is my only complaint. The employees were helpful and friendly. Crescent City is a nice town to visit and there is beautiful scenery nearby. Crescent City is not as touristy as some coastal towns which I appreciate. Be sure to visit the lighthouse and take a tour inside, very interesting. We really enjoyed the drive on Howland Road which is outside of Crescent City. Amazing how within a few miles from town you are deep inside a primeval, redwood forest with giant trees. Take the Boy Scout trail off this road; an easy hike into one of the most beautiful redwood forests. For dinner eat at the Beachcomber restaurant, just a short distance from the hotel and on the beach. The food and service were excellent. You will love the cheese biscuits and parmesean crusted halibut.

Very Roomy

by TripAdvisor Member RAAAD

We stayed here one night while exploring Redwood National Park. It was very spacious, comfortable room with 3 queen beds. It is right across from the harbor. I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially to families.

Make sure you do the drive through the Jedediah Smith State Park (Howland Hills Road). It is a dirt road that goes through an old-growth forest and was very tranquil. Also, go on the ranger-led tour of the tidal pools at Endert’s beach. It was great for us land-locked people to go to the pools with someone who knows what they are doing.

Great place to stay for reasonable rates

by TripAdvisor Member emsmandms

We stayed here for two days while sightseeing some rather large trees.

More of a motel than a bed and breakfast in terms of size and scope, it is a very comfortably appointed place with very large rooms. Breakfast is free in the mornings (nothing fancy, cereal, oatmeal, eggs, fruit, bagels, coffee), wireless internet (if you bring your laptop), and coin-operated washers and dryers.

Considering Crescent City itself seemed rather dreary and sleepy, the motel itself was a welcome sight. Just don't go to the restaurant next door (AWFUL!). I would recommend this motel to anyone with an interest in trees in Northern California.

Great end to a great day

by TripAdvisor Member Perni

In preparation for our two-week trip to the Pacific Northwest, my wife and I researched numerous hotel options in uncounted cities stretching from Montana though Washington, Oregon, and California. No matter how much prior planning and thoughtful Internet searching we did there was always some trepidation as we drove to the next motel in our string of reservations. The Lighthouse Inn in Crescent City, California was one of many outstanding finds that we made in the course of our trip. The property apparently was either new or newly remodeled. Everything was neat and clean. It even smelled new. The young man at the desk was very attentive even though he was juggling at least three different customers at once. Our room was located on the Bay side and was by far the largest room we were to encounter on our trip. We were able to hear the harbor foghorn and seals barking in the bay across from our room. Far from being an annoyance, my wife and I found this to be a charming feature. The continental breakfast was more than adequate to see us down the road in the morning. If time permitted and we were spending any time in the Crescent City area, The Lighthouse Inn would be our only choice.

Good Choice in Crescent City

by TripAdvisor Member videoprosa

What you need to know: (1) Good location, close to the harbor. (2) Very large room, largest I've stayed in. (3) Owner operated. (4) No hot breakfast choice. (5) No high chairs for the kids at the breakfast area. (6) No window screens, this is really a safety issue in a climate that begs you to open the windows. (7) No air conditioning in master bedroom, the unit was there but the builder forgot to install an outlet - LOL. (8) If you want a hot breakfast, eat at the restaurant next door because it is very good. (9) Very hard and noisy bed.

Awesome value

by TripAdvisor Member spifamily

After having stayed in multiple motels over the summer this was my favorite. Our room had a fridge, microwave, coffee pot, and iron board for no extra fee. It was very well priced. The hotel staff was pleasant, and housekeeping wasn't beggin for tips. It was clean, and very spacious. I would definitely stay there again!

Best Place in Crescent City

by TripAdvisor Member Doug-ChrisEauClaire

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for a week visiting family in the area. It was one of the nicest places we stayed in during our trip. (we drove from WI) The rates are extremely reasonable, the rooms are very, very clean and spacious and the staff is helpful and friendly. We also enjoyed the continental breakfast every morning. There is no hot food but a good variety of fresh pastries, cereal, fruit, coffee, juices, etc. We will definitely be back.

Loved the Lighthouse Inn

by TripAdvisor Member GretchenBrionesCA

My husband and I just spent three nights at the Lighthouse Inn. We were very pleased with it. Our standard room was very clean, quite large and well lit. Good lighting is rare in hotel rooms.
We felt very at home. My husband spent much time at the table working on his papers while I curled us with a book on the leather love seat. There was no charge for the use of the computer or printer. The Sheraton charged $30 an hour and had an inferior computer.
I don't remember ever feeling more at home in a hotel. My husband says we will never consider any hotel other than the LIghthouse Inn while in the Crescent City area.
Gretchen Mork,
Briones CA

A very Nice Find in Crescent City

by TripAdvisor Member RonSonomaCounty

This review is on behalf of nine staff with a national non-profit environmental group with offices in San Francisco. We just held our annual regional retreat in the Crescent City Area. We all stayed at the Lighthouse Inn. All of us were very pleased. The rooms (quite spacious) were very clean and the price was reasonable. I would highly recommend this Inn to anyone traveling to the Crescent City Area or to the Northern section of Redwood National Park. The staff of the Inn, by the way, was exceptional. They attended to all of our needs in a professional and courteous manner.

Comments