Oceanfront Lodge

Orbitz.com AMOMA.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Hampton Inn & Suites Crescent City, CA

Great Place

We stayed here for a day in February, 2006 and really enjoyed it. Right on the ocean with great views and on the edge of town so walking to the bakery or coffee shop is very doable. THE place to stay in Crescent City.

Never Again!!!

My husband & I travel from Medford, Oregon to Crescent City, California an average of twice a month. We love fishing, crabbing & clamming on the coast. We have always stayed at The Best Western Northwoods Inn. (3-4 days) This time we decided to Try The Hampton Inn. HUGE mistake! With the exception of one gal working the front desk that evening the rest of the Desk staff were cold and not helpful at all, especially the manager!! I took the tv remote down to the desk because it was not working and to tell them the bathroom door lock was broke the jets in the tub would not turn off. His response was we'll check on it tomorrow. I said I was checking out in the morning, he said oh-well!! The pool and spa are green!! It took us a bit to figure out it was painted green. A green pool is not very appealing. We stayed in a suite for a base price of $179.00. We had a balcony but the windows were filthy. The refridgerator did not get cold. There were 2 plates, 2 cups, and 2 SERVING spoons. NO flatware at all. The continental breakfast was ok but you have to eat with plastic-ware. Upon check-out I was ignored by the front desk staff for a good 10 minutes. When they finally stopped chatting with each other and said to me do you need something? DUH!! I handed over my room keys and stated I was cheking out. He took the keys without another word. I waited another 5 minutes for my reciept. I then interruped their conversation to ask for one. He checked a file then said i was paid up and could leave, i still had no reciept. The over all feeling of this place is cold, dark, gloomy not warm and receptive. Were going back to the Northwoods Inn.

Hampton Inn anywhere in the country, NEVER AGAIN. Oh by the way they are owned by HILTON! Go figure.

THE place to stay in Crescent City

We stayed for two days at this hotel and loved it. The views from the room and lounge are wonderful. You are right at the edge of the ocean with waves crashing on the rocks and a great view of the lighthouse. The room had two queen beds, a reclining chair, desk and chair, refrigerator & coffee pot and a balcony with a fantastic view. The bathroom was large and had everything you needed. The breakfast was great and the staff, polite & helpful, (especially Charity). This is THE place to stay, the view really makes this hotel special.
Tip: Ask for a central, third floor room, we were in room 312.

Beautiful place

by TripAdvisor Member MicheleL56

I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites for business April 27th and 28th. Every staff member I had contact with were friendly and professional. The room was beautiful with a fantastic view of the ocean and lighthouse. Premixed margaritas at the snackshop were great. What a way to spend the evening, margarita on the rocks, nachos and a beautiful view! Breakfast was fine but nothing to write home about. I would stay here again!

We liked it!

by TripAdvisor Member Sooz2

We had a lovely stay at this hotel, and one cannot overstate the beauty of the location. They have devoted a lot of space to the lobby and breakfast room, with incredible views. It met my primary requirements: Exceptionally clean, comfortable and quiet. I found the hotel staff OK and no problem, although that's not a big issue with me. It's my room I care about. The breakfast was typical and when there's nothing we like we just have juice and coffee, but it's still a nice service. We had a very nice dinner at the closeby Surfside Grille. I'd book this hotel again, if we were in the area.

Priceless smile on our 3 year old !

After a 6 hour drive from home, and visiting the Trees of Mystery with our 3 year old, we were very disappointed with our hotel and called Hampton Inn (although we know it will be out of our budget). The young lady at the desk was very friendly and talkek us into staying. We were supposed to stay one night but ended up staying another after seeing our little girl loving the place. It was actually our 23 years wedding anniversary but ended up more of a celebration for having our daughter with us.

On our next day, my husband went fishing and my daughter and I had a great time at the beachfront and even walked all the way to Battery Lighthouse. The staff were very friendly and didn't give us annoying look when my daughter would make such exciting sounds going up and down the stairs.

Fathym, ( I think was her name, excuse the spelling if incorrect) made the effort to get us menus who delivers and she didn't mind us walking around and around that night to pass the time when our 3 year old cannot sleep. To top this great stay, my husband landed a 28 inch river salmon at Klamath River!

Thank you for the service and experience!

This property was okay.

by TripAdvisor Member nmnative

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in July 2006. The ironic thing is that I was looking forward to this leg of our trip the most. It ended up being my least favorite town and least favorite place that we stayed. We received a discounted rate and we were given a room with a very limited view...no balcony and not really a view at all. Out our window was a parking lot of some kind of medical facility and a very limited view of the ocean. Cars were in that parking lot until late at night with music blaring. The room was okay. It was very spacious and had a very large bathroom, a fridge, microwave and sink. It had a couch and your regular tv and other things that hotels have.. The worst part for me was the bed. It was so hard and bumpy and uncomfortable that I didn't sleep at all the first night. We both had sore backs in the morning and my husband can sleep just about everywhere and never has a sore back! We called all over Crescent City to find another place to stay and nothing was available. We ended up staying a second night :( The front desk staff were very nice, but couldn't move us to a different room because of the rate we had...didn't make sense to me because they were not full that night. The breakfast was just ok. I mean it had cereal and the basics, but it was nothing to brag about. The really nice part about this hotel was the views from the breakfast area and the little area there where you could go and sit and just watch the sunset or the beach. A very big plus. I've included a picture of the sunset the first night we were there. The exercise room was small and 2 out of 4 machines were not working. The pool was small and we never saw a single person in it. It wasn't very inviting. They have a little place where you can purchase some snack foods and alchohol and foods that you can microwave. Let me talk about the beach... It was not what I expected or like any beach I've ever experienced at a beach front property. It was full of drift wood and rocks. It really was pretty because the ocean always is, but you couldn't really stroll along the beach very easily or lay out if that is what you like to do due to the pebbles just everywhere. I am posting some pics of the beach so you can see what I am talking about. As far as the town itself, sorry but we were not impressed. There were absolutely no great restaurants to speak of. The people were rude. We ate at the Grotto like others mentioned in previous posts and it was also ok. I mean the food was average..I had fried prawns and my husband had salmon. My prawns were too greasy to eat. They were pretty bad. The view was alright, not on the water or anything. We also ate at Apple Peddler Restaurant and I ended up getting sick because the salmon was old. So would I receommend this hotel to a friend or family?? Probably not.

wonderful hotel

by TripAdvisor Member PeriandAlex

This is not your typical Hampton Inn. This is a wonderful hotel. We stayed there for 2 nights a couple of weeks ago and had a fantastic time. The best thing about it is of course its location. Our room had a balcony overlooking one of the most stunning views I have ever seen - literally on the ocean. We had dinner on our balcony with our two small kids overlooking the ocean and it was priceless. Other than that, it is a good quality Hampton Inn, free internet, standard Hampton Inn breakfast, but with lovely public lobby and breakfast areas that are a cut above most Hampton Inns. Also, the staff were extremely friendly. Can't imagine a better place to stay in Crescent City.

Premier Crescent City Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member robontheroad

This is a remarkable location -- steps to the Pacific Ocean on the west and a main city street on the east. The rooms are great and clean. Redwoods are north and south, and the ocean is right under your toes. There are only a few hotels in the world closer to the ocean. Enjoy!

Another great dayAnother great day

The island in the background is seal heavenThe island in the background is seal heaven

Comments