10050 S Deanza Blvd, Cupertino, CA 95014
Cypress Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel
Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Costs 55% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Cypress Hotel - A Kimpton Hotel

The Cypress Hotel is lovely!

by TripAdvisor Member Lita_N_Kelli

My 6 year old daughter and I stayed over on a Saturday night at The Cypress Hotel. What a beauty. As I approached De Anza Boulevard, and first caught a glimpse of the hotel, I was impressed. Breathtaking......! I know that The Cypress is part of the Kimpton Hotel Group which is famous for their boutique hotels, so I was expecting a cute little hotel. What I saw instead was a beauty! And it's pretty on the inside, too! The rooms are great. We've stayed at a couple other Kimpton Hotels, and my daughter says this is the best one! The room was clean, spacious and the decor was very funky. The lobby is beautiful, too. I look forward to staying there again.

Best Hotel Ever

Its a little hard to find, but right off the freeway, the Cypress Hotel is a real find! I paid only $94 for a weekend, 2 nights. Nine story hotel, underground parking. No pool, who cares. Close to freeway 280-one block away. Good neighborhood, lots of restaurants nearby. I hightly recommend the Park Restaurant in the hotel. We had a very nice breakfast there. It was a little pricey ($42 for 2), but it was definitely worth every penny. The hotel rooms are beautiful, classy, with great beds, desk, and extra chair, internet free, refrigerator and bar, separate CD stereo, robes, makeup mirror, phone in BR, safe, etc. Couldn't ask for a nicer room. They even had appetisers and a free wine tasting from 5-6 every nite. This place is a treasure. You will be very pleased if you have the need for a hotel in the San Jose area. We went to the Rosicrusian Museum and the Tech and it was just down the street in front of the hotel, about 6-7 miles. So don't pay for an expensive hotel that is ordinary, go for this extraordinary Klimpton hotel.

What a find!

by TripAdvisor Member AvantGarden

I stayed at the Cypress Hotel for only one night. If I had known how nice the hotel was and how wonderful the staff was I would have planned to stay longer.
The decor was done in a fun art deco. The room was clean, very quiet, and very well appointed. The bed was very comfortable. The complimentary shampoos and soaps were Aveda - a nice quality product that I actually wanted to use - which is nice with the new airline restrictions on liquids and gels.
The late nite room service menu was limited, but delicious.
I tried to call a taxi (on the phone) with no luck, but when I mentioned it to the front desk they had one for me immediately.
I definately recomend this hotel.

Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member johnnymike

A splendid hotel. Rooms are gorgeous...loved the fur on the bed and the jazz in the CD player. Free wireless, free wine in the evening, free backrubs, excellent restaurant in the lobby...what more can you ask for? Stay nowhere else in Cupertino.

My Favourite in the South Bay

by TripAdvisor Member mike-smashing

The Cypress is a great hotel, I've stayed here several times in the past few years - my first time was when the hotel was less than a year old and still smelled of new carpet and fresh paint.

I've never had a bad stay, and any problems have always been remedied to my satisfaction by competent, empowered, and long-serving staff. I've yet to return to a hotel in the US and find the same faces smiling back at me from behind the desk. That a hotel can successfully retain staff for more than a couple of years says something to me.

The beds are comfortable, the rooms are clean, tidy and well decorated, the Internet access is free, and the bar is great for a nightcap before turning in.

It's centrally located a stones throw from 85 and 280 Freeways, the Apple Campus, the (infamous) Donut Wheel, and other local facilities. A great base if you're doing business in the South Bay.

nice room, good price, bad service

by TripAdvisor Member AEC in SF

We stayed 2 nights here for our anniversary. The room -- an executive suite -- was nice enough, and offered a separate work area with desk and computer hookups between the sitting area and the front door -- a convenient layout if you'll be travelling for business. The bed was comfortable, and the Aveda amenities were good, as always at Kimpton properties. The room had 4 big windows offering a pleasant view from our top floor corner location, and plenty of natural light.

We noticed a list of specialty pillows in the info binder, so we called down and asked for them to bring up two special pillows: a thermapeutic one and a knee pillow. We waited for a while, and no pillows came. When we got back from dinner, there were two new pillows on the bed, but they were just the same plain pillows as we already had. Not exactly a huge problem, but a pretty good indication that someone's not paying attention.

On our first night, the people across the hall were having a bachelor party, screaming and yelling and slamming doors all night. We called the front desk -- twice -- and asked for something to be done. As far as I can tell, they never sent security to the room, even though the second time I specifically asked that they go to the room, not just call.

The next day, the maid didn't make up our room when we left for breakfast and errands. We came back to the room at 2:30 to relax, and found the room just as we left it. Of course, 5 minutes later she came and wanted to clean the room -- so we had to leave again and come up with something else to do.

The second night, we went to sleep at around 10pm, and were awakened at 11:30 by more screaming and slamming doors. I called the front desk again, and said "this has to stop." The person who answered the phone obviously knew there had been a problem before: "Oh, this happened last night, too, didn't it?" Mmm, yes, and you neglected to fix the problem, I see...

The next morning when we checked out, I expected at least an apology. No mention was made of the problems we had getting a decent night's sleep, two nights in a row. When, at the very end of the transaction, the desk clerk asked us if everything was OK during our stay, I said: "Well, the room was lovely, but I really wish the manager could have done something more about the wild party across the hall -- on both nights." He gave me a funny look and muttered "Sorry." (Oh, thanks.)

Amazing hotel!!! We had a great time

by TripAdvisor Member Minouska

We took one week vacation and had terrible stay in other hotels. When we arrive at the Cypress, it was like paradise! We had a nice room on the 7th floor, the pet floor! We were traveling with our little dog. The room was very clean with a lot of luxury. They have bathrobes in the room. There is a desk, wi-fi, the room is large. They didn't charge a thing for the dog. We paid 99$ with Orbitz. We didn't use the pool so we don't know what it looks like. There is complimentary parking and internet access. We really enjoyed our stay. We will surely come back and recommend this hotel.

Loved it

by TripAdvisor Member katy2d2

Great hotel right in the heart of Cupertino - who would have guessed. The rooms were beautifully and tastefully decorated with animal print accessories. The beds are so comfy and the bedding was very high quality, the pillows were the best. I always bring my own pillow, but these were better. I reallly loved this hotel. The rooms were very clean and they provided Aveeda bath products. The restaurant and bar are excellent - we had dinner and breakfast and drank (a lot) at the bar. More than satisfied with all. So happy to have finally found something different and wonderful at a moderate, well actually inexpensive, price. The only thing I found not satisfactory was the lighting in the bathroom. It was too dim - I prefer bright bathroom lighting for makeup etc., but all in all, it was a great place to stay and I will definitely stay here again when I'm in the area - I will even travel a little to stay here rather than San Jose.

Stayed as part of a wedding party and had great experience

by TripAdvisor Member PaliGirl

We stayed at this hotel with the out of town guests for a wedding. We had some miscommunications with the wedding coordinator, but after all was resolved, and her superiors fixed the problems, our stay was wonderful! The staff was very helpful to us, and the bride and groom. The restaurant was great, especially the breakfast.

The night staff especially went above and beyond. After the wedding, a bunch of family members who were staying at the hotel wanted to spend some quality time together at the bar. Unfortunately the bar closed at midnight, however the staff let us sit just off the lobby in a comfortable sitting area, drinking wine, and even brought us bottles of water and some chips to munch on. It was a wonderful extension to a lovely night. And they charged us nothing for the extras. The fact is there were a lot of opportunities when they could have given us a hard time about things, but instead they were very flexible and accomidating.

Lastly, the rooms are super cool and decorated in very colorful decor. Very non-traditional, but great fun!!!

Superb!

by TripAdvisor Member gdh9999

Stayed two nights to celebrate an engagement and attend a wedding in Los Gatos. The Cypress is an absolutely amazing hotel, and such an incredible value! The only hotel I have ever stayed at that was nicer was the Ritz-Carlton in Qatar where I was upgraded to a suite. And the Cypress was *almost* as good. Its true, everything is so nice and so meticulously presented. The quality and attention to detail is very impressive. I will stay there everytime I return to visit the South Bay.

Ms. "Zajac" took the picture with Canon 450DMs. "Zajac" took the picture with Canon 450D

Comments