Marriott Laguna Cliffs Resort At Dana

See Amenities

Beautiful Cliff hanger

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 29, 2013

Beautiful grounds, great location, walking distance to the marina and restaurants.
Resort fees $20, valet parking $35 per night, no other parking available.

Unique Quality: Pool: the servers at the pool were very attentive. Everything was picked up as soon as someone left.Our order arrived quickly. Frequently they delivered samples of juices, smoothies, etc.

Breakfast: nice menu to chose from.

Lounge: great views to enjoy drinks if no wedding parties otherwise very crowded

Spa: loved it!

CruisingGoddess's Profile Photo

Gorgeous Hotel for a Romantic Getaway

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 4, 2007

The Laguna Cliffs Marriott is a gorgeous resort and spa with breathtaking views of the ocean! Being there reminded me of our honeymoon in Florida and the Caribbean. The overall feel of the hotel was an upper class vacation resort but still casual. I didn’t see any families with children. Guests were mostly groups of adults and couples. The rooms fairly pricey and I got the sense that many of the guests were affluent. The parking lot was littered with expensive cars. The space in the room was very generous and we had a patio as well. Our room was next to one of the 2 outdoor heated pools and whirlpools. There is also a bar and food stand poolside so you don’t have to go far to get refreshment. While we were there, my husband and I got a couple’s massage, which was heavenly. Their spa has everything you need to relax, including whirlpools, steam rooms, and saunas. We had breakfast at Vue, the hotel restaurant which overlooks the ocean. What a way to start off the day! I absolutely recommend this place for a romantic getaway!

Unique Quality: Gorgeous, gorgeous views of the ocean. Beautiful pool. Excellent restaurant.

A good second

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 22, 2007

I admit it has been a few years since I have stayed here, but I have a few things to share. I liked the hotel. I loved the view. I happen to have gotten a AAA rate of about $100 off the rack rate, so that always makes it better. The linens were nice, close to the SD Coronado Marriott level I would say. A little older, but clean and well kept. It is not contemporary furnishing by any means, so if you are looking for a Ritz style, go there. This is what I would describe as California, tropical casual. It has the elegance or marble and nice linens, but the decor gives a feeling of ocean breezes and tropical waves ( not a contemporary, I'm in The Hotel Vegas feeling). The views are magnificant, but to get to the ocean is really pretty undoable. They may have a shuttle, I don't know. But if I am going to pay for a beach hotel, I want to be on the beach where I can run out when I want. If you are going, for the view and not the sand, this is a great place. It sits up high on a hill and without car, you can't access much in this remote location. The parking garage amount is high and they have all the resort fees, etc. ready to charge. This hotel is beautiful any time year, if you know what you are getting. Also, they have older rooms and newer rooms, many without a view. Ask what your getting for the price. I like this hotel, but get a deal or you will be disappointed. If you want the Ritz, go there. If not, this can be a great second if you get a great price.

Unique Quality: Great views from the grass area (good wedding venue!)
Didn't see the pool.
Food Average
Customer Service...a little snotty at front desk.
A little remote, need a car.
Seems to always be a deal here, I'd find it. Not worth $200+ a night.

Directions: Right up the hill. You need a car to get to anything in Dana from here.

Nearby Marriott Laguna Cliffs Resort At Dana

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Dana Point Travel Forum

Need advice about Dana Point, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Dana Point and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Dana Point hotel reviews