El Morocco Inn & Spa

66810 4th Street, Desert Hot Springs, California, 92240, United States

More about El Morocco Inn & Spa

Terrific!!

by TripAdvisor Member maylen105

You will never regret your decision to stay here. Unbelievable hospitality of Bruce and Steve (the owners). The hotel is so different from the others. You HAVE TO see it with your own eyes. Amazing, wonderful escape from reality.!!

jewel in the desert!

by TripAdvisor Member yvonne56

what a find! booked through palm springsown web-site not really sure what to find.
drove up road out of town toward hills feeling worried. opened door to find a small morroccan palace. bruce introduced himself then tended to our every whim for 4 days. nothing was too much trouble. beautiful moroccan theme throughout, georgeous pool area bedecked with gas fire, day-beds, spa water pool and hot tub. luxury all to ourselves. lovely breakfasts with fresh bagels, fresh fruit.,cakes and pastries.
bruce advised us, booked restaurants, and seemed genuinely pleased to have us around.
brought us complimentary "moroccatinis" each day at 5. wine and sherry left out for us each evening. lots of snacks too - fresh dates, fruit, biscuits, chocolate.
for quiet times moroccan themed movies run constantly or turn them off and choose from hundreds of complimentary dvd's for your room. lots of games and books available.
hope we can return as we felt as though we had left friends behind when we left after 4 days!

Wow!!!

by TripAdvisor Member chargar2001

Our stay went so far beyond expectations (even after seeing the other reviews) we were in heaven. I've stayed in so many Inns and Hotels but I heve never experienced this kind of caring anywhere. Bruce, John and Steve were the ultimate hosts and took care of any need immediately. We both had massages from Art that were intuitive and wonderful. The recommendations for restaurants in the area were outstanding. The attention to detail at this Inn is beyond compare. It is no wonder that there was a well known musician staying there during our visit who came to rest and be taken care of.
I will go back again and again!

Perfect Relaxation

by TripAdvisor Member rnath

A perfect weekend getaway.....If you are looking to relax and unwind this is the perfect place to go.

The rooms are cozy and warm and you could almost spend the entire weekend on the beds themselves. The pool area is perfect for reading, lounging and de-stressing with soft music in the background and plenty of lounge chairs in the sun and the shade - for your preference. We brought our own beverages and had mimosas all day by the pool. It was awesome! Bruce, Steve and John truly love what they do and it shows. There is such a warmth and happiness about the entire place.

If you are looking for a wild weekend or a big resort, this is not it. If you are looking for perfect relaxation, you MUST visit this place.

Incredibly fun world of fantasy and relaxation!

by TripAdvisor Member mrscorlett

I booked our room based on the reviews here at Tripadvisor, and we were not disappointed! Our five-day getaway was even more delightful and relaxing than I had hoped. A perfect 10, in fact, and those are not easy to get from me!

The main words I would use to describe the El Morocco are: Comfort. Welcome. Fantasy.

Bruce, Steve and John have created the most imaginative, exotic atmosphere here. The attention to detail is immaculate, from the lavish continental breakfast (fresh dates! bagels still warm from the bakery!) to the Starbucks coffee you can make yourself all day in cute little French presses to the yummy all-day snacks to the terrific maid service to the generous number of large, fluffy towels; to wit, all the dumb little things that can bug you when you're on holiday have been taken care of--and then some!

The pools are divine ... you can swim in the middle of the night if you want, the spring water that feeds the pool seems to literally caress your skin, and the enormous jacuzzi is set to a lovely 103 degrees, so you can stay in for a really long time with a book and not become overheated. Then wander into a lovely, insanely comfortable Moroccan hideaway sumptuously furnished with soft cushions and beautiful draperies and lounge around with one of their zillions of (really good!) DVDs.

No kids are allowed at the El Morocco, so it's ideal for a quiet, romantic holiday. As others have mentioned, the happy hour is really enjoyable, most of all because Bruce, Steve and John are all just the most delightful, witty, friendly guys you could possibly imagine (see photo--they really are just like that!) All three are great raconteurs and had us laughing practically the whole of our stay. It is hard not to have fun with that bubbly Bruce around!

The only downside I can think of is that if you're a very dedicated foodie, I'm afraid you're going to have to drive a bit to get to the better restaurants. That said, there is a superb Mexican dive, South of the Border, right around the corner. The salsa is stupendous at this tiny little Cal-Mex place. It is way, way better than the famous Las Casuelas in Palm Springs.

We live in Los Angeles, so it only takes us a couple of hours to get to Desert Hot Springs. We rarely revisit a hotel, but we will be back to the El Morocco again and again. Just loved it.

WARNING: This place is a WiCWoG!

by TripAdvisor Member The-Mystic-Bunnies

Way cool weekend getaway! Just returned, and we concur with all of the other reviews. And we are verrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy picky, too. The hosts, Bruce, Steve, John were uber-friendly, pleasant and polite. Much better than palm springs and is a definite romantic-weekend thing if you want a quick escape from a work week and the ever-so-enjoyable 405, 110, 5, 105 and 110.

After having been trapped coming down the mountain in the gondola thing with a couple of flatulent passengers, arriving back at MI&S for a few Morrocotinis was like heaven on earth.

Also of note, all of the other couples were very nice....1st time EVER no one agrotated us while traveling. We'll be back!

If Achilles is reading this please shoot us an email!

Can't stop wishing I were there!!!

by TripAdvisor Member TorontoTravelMan07

Ordinarily, I never would consider staying in an inn, let alone one which has a theme. I usually stay in large hotels. When I read the reviews for El Morocco on Trip Advisor, however, I decided to step outside of my comfort zone and give the property a try. Boy am I glad that I did! The service was outstanding; the hospitality unparalleled; the property just lovely. It was all so exotic and so relaxing...it was as though all 5 of my senses were being stimulated 24/7. I cannot emphasize enough how much I enjoyed staying here and kudos to Bruce, John and Steve for making my visit one to remember! I am seriously considering going back VERY SOON!!!

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!

by TripAdvisor Member mom2jax

I have to say I love this place! My husband and I were on our Anniversary weekend getaway and we chose the Morocco Inn. We were there from 10/20 to 10/22.
Lucky us! After reading all of the reviews on Trip advisor I decided to book. On our way there in seemed like a bad area but then there it was! This little oasis! We were greeted with warm smiles and they knew our names :)
BTW the guys that run this place are the most warm, gracious, funny, guys you will ever meet. Let me tell you that I'm one of the most picky people ever! I have check in and out of places within an hour if it was not to my standards. The room we had was the sultans play pen..it was outstanding. The bed was festive and cozy, the linens were lovely, very clean and much more then expected.
Bruce and the boys thought of everything at this Inn! To the free breakfast that is fantastic, to the free snacks and dvds for you and your room! There is SO much to say about this place! I could go on and on :) The pool was a dream, the guest were just as wonderful as the hosts.
I will be back! It was the first time that my husband and I actually went on a trip and both agreed it was out of this world :)
This is for couples or people looing for a little R and R.
So romantic <3 I miss it already. If you go and YOU SHOULD tell Bruce and the guys Christy says HI!!

A Beautiful Getaway!

by TripAdvisor Member cbandmb

My husband and I had a fantastic weekend at this lovely and impeccable Inn. The owners are so wonderful and they spared no expense in making our stay truly memorable. There are many really beautiful touches to the rooms and the pools are very relaxing. Delicious snacks are always available including beverages in the day and in the evening, cocktails! Breakfast is a fabulous spread with great coffee. This is a true find. We can't wait to go back.

A Perfect Celebration El Morocco..Thank You!

by TripAdvisor Member rosep5

"A Perfect Long Weekend." My husband and I just returned from El Morocco celebrating our wedding anniversary, and it was an absolutely perfect celebration!

It was even more than we could of imagined, the owners are fabulous, the amount of detail and true heart that they have put into this perfect sanctuary is incredible, from the fantastic breakfasts, to the happy hour every evening it was just perfect. I could just go on and on, but I think you get the point.

We highly recommend El Morocco, especailly if you are trying to get away and just relax, it is small and intimate and just what we were looking for!

Thank you for a truly special anniversary, and we most definitely look forward to our return!

Comments