Living Waters Spa

suzyav8trix's Profile Photo

A Real Change of Pace

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 28, 2005

A lovingly restored 1950s motel. Gives you the feeling of being in another place at another time...

This a place to "get away from it all." The rooms have nice, comfortable beds and pillows. They look like they've been furnished by IKEA. They have a fridge & microwave -- some have kitchenettes. But, they do not have TVs nor radios nor phones.

If you want to relax and disconnect from your everyday life and reconnect with your sweetie -- this is the place for you.

Oh, and have I mentioned this is a "clothing optional" resort?

From the hotel's own website:
A couples based, European style clothing optional mini-resort spa with two natural hot mineral water pools, all rooms are non-smoking, unique spa treatments and massage, king size beds, custom mattresses, fine linens, free wireless LAN internet connection, personal growth seminars & workshops, morning breakfast and afternoon hors d'oeuvres, early check-in and late check-out, complete privacy, great people and a relaxing, romantic and de-stressing environment.

This was our first "clothing optional" experience. We didn't even go looking for that -- we just wanted a place to disconnect from the real world and reconnect with each other.

It was exactly what I needed at exactly the right time.

I realize that "clothing optional" may not be for everybody, but if you've never considered it, this is a good place to start. We're looking forward to a return visit in the near future...

Unique Quality: The hotel has natural mineral water piped into the spa. It's about 100 degrees. From the spa it goes to the pool which stays at about 80 degrees. No chemicals. No chlorine. Your skin LIKES this water!

Jeff and Judy, the owners, are also licensed massage therapists. Jeff gave me one of the best massages I have ever had. I nicknamed it a "blissage" because of how I felt afterwards.

Oh, did I not mention it was "clothing optional"? Don't let that deter you. It's not a "swingers" experience and there's nothing lewd going on. This was our first experience and I have to admit I was a bit nervous. But once I got there, it's a very reassuring atmosphere and my inhabitions melted away with my clothing. What a freeing experience! You would not believe me until you try it yourself -- just how de-stressing it really is to not have to get dressed everyday! Just don't forget the sunblock!!!!

People are just people. Without all the distractions of everyday life I could really connect with my husband. Life is good.

Directions: Desert Hot Springs, California -- north of Palm Springs

Nearby Living Waters Spa

Living Waters Spa

• Living Waters Resort
  • Living Waters Hotel Desert Hot Springs

Address: 13340 Mountain View Rd., Desert Hot Springs, California, 92240, United States

1 Photo of Living Waters Spa

Amenities at Living Waters Spa

• Swimming Pool
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free Parking
  • Business Services
  • Free High Speed Internet

Desert Hot Springs Travel Forum

Need advice about Desert Hot Springs, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Desert Hot Springs and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Desert Hot Springs hotel reviews