Miracle Springs Resort And Spa

Travelocity Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Miracle Springs Resort And Spa

Pleasant Surprise

My husband and I purchased a two-night stay at Miracle Springs at a charitable silent auction. We had never heard of the place and what a pleasant surprise it turned out to be. Just about 15 minutes away from Palm Springs, Miracle Springs Resort is not too big and not too small and it has eight hot mineral water pools for some serious soaking. They do a big spa business and that may be because the prices there are much lower than I am used to. After an hour in a mineral water Jacuzzi and a Swedish massage I was very, very, very relaxed. And the food in the restaurant at this hotel is also wonderful. Best of all, everyone was very friendly. There aren’t a lot of things to do in Desert Hot Springs, but if you’re looking for someplace to do nothing, this is it. We will go back again and I am recommending Miracle Springs Resort in Desert Hot Springs to all my friends.

Bad experience with the people at the desk

by TripAdvisor Member limmerick

I have stayed at the Miracle Springs Spa and Resort four times and have always had a great time, except for the people who run the front desk. They are routinely rude, unwilling to please guests and have a very bad disrespectful attitude . I was told when I called that I had a room facing the pools . When I arrived that was not true. I had a room facing the parking lot. I asked if they could change our room if there were any vacancies. I then asked if they were fully booked for poolside rooms on Saturday and they said no, but we could not move our room because their rules say that once you are assigned to a room you can never change it. We stayed there from April 21-23,2006. the general attitude of all of the front desk personnel is unpleasant and unhelpful.. Two of the rude men at the desk were Prentiss and Quian. Other than the problems with these people the hotel is still an enjoyable place because of the many pools and the restaurant seems to have gotten better than the last time I stayed here.

Throw out in the cold

We were so looking forward to a nice family vacation at a wonderful spa that came recommended by a friend we were visiting who is new to that area. Upon our arrival at 11:30 pm w/ my husband and 2 cranky kids in tow, I was disappointed to discover the hotel is entirely smoke-free. This would not have been a problem if we were told in advance. We booked a 2 room suite so as not to be smoking in the same room as the kids. I spent a lot of time researching the hotel prior to booking and was never informed, nor discovered this policy prior to check-in, or I would have been prepared for there rules and fees. Upon arrival and after completing the entire check -in process, we expressed our disapproval of not being told in advance about the smoking rules. As my husband and I conferred as to what to do, before we could even make a decision, we were told to leave the property. With 2 kids and after traveling 150 miles, we were turned out in the cold (50 degrees outside) with no familiarity of the area and no where to go. The desk clerk Rod offered us no other options or choices. He just crossed off our names and told us to leave, that he would be refunding our money. We were forced to turn back for home. 300 miles later we were right back where we started less one tank of gas. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone, smoker or not. Any company who allows there employees to turn away a family like this does not deserve your hard earned money. How will they treat you?

Beware

by TripAdvisor Member jwahlen

Be very careful when making a reservation. I was willing to brave the hotel for the pools, despite some disappointed postings. However, I am relieved that the hotel called today to cancel my reservation.

I sent them an inquiry email regarding a reservation in January. I didn't hear back. I filled out the online reservation form, and two days later received an automated response by email. Two days after that I received a message from a customer service rep. I called him back, and he had absolutely no idea why I was calling or record of my reservation request. I made a reservation with him, but started to worry that the whole thing was a bit flakey.

Today my teenage son reported the hotel phoned and cancelled my reservation because my credit card was "invalid". My credit card is not invalid, but IF they tried to charge the amount of my room in advance... it probably wouldn't have been accepted.

I called the hotel and sure enough, my reservation is cancelled. They attempted to charge the amount of the first night plus room fees and taxes to my card two weeks prior to my arrival at the hotel. No one said a word about a charge being put through in advance at the time of the reservation. We went through the 72 hour cancellation policy which is fine, but no one told me I needed to expect a $200+ charge on my card two weeks prior to the reservation.

All in all, I think I'm relieved and will make a reservation elsewhere.

No thanks

It's been a while since we were here, admittedly, but I would never return. The place looks great in the photos, but up close it was a different story--mostly having to do with the smell of infectant and employees with no front teeth. It was strange and I wasn't comfortable here. The pools were the best part of the experience--except for the folks getting drunk in them.

Great American Rip-Off!!!

Terribly disappointed! Pictures were great, but when you see the real thing... HORRIBLE!!! Everything from the staff (who probably don't have High School Diplomas) down to the smell of pine sol or hospital sanitizer permeates my mind and my clothes!!! The food was horrible, the rooms were horrible and, the drunkards spilling their drinks and peeing in the mineral pools made interesting video. Maybe we'll send it into 60 minutes as the GREAT AMERICAN RIP-OFF!!!

Perhaps Trip Advisor should check out their advertised properties before they try to sell other people on a mirage out in the middle of a seedy little town.

Fabulous Spa Facilities in Run-Down Hotel

The Good: Spa therapists and treatments are great, great, great, and at a good price. Even if you dont stay at this hotel, definitely book yourself a couple of treatments and bring your swimsuit (jacuzzis and pool are shared facilities). There are dry saunas, and the pool area has several large jacuzzis, which cut down on the number of people you need to share with. The pool grounds are spacious, nice and well manicured, and there's a restaurant just steps away if you want something to eat or drink (the food is okay).

The Bad: The rooms (I was in #242) reek of cigarete smoke and citrus cleaning products. When I complained to the front desk, I was told that several people have made this complaint in the past, and that the smell was from--get this--the air freshener that housekeeping uses in all of the rooms!!! The front desk clerk actually described the smell as "tomacco" (a "Simpson's" reference to when Homer crossed a tobacco plant with a tomato plant). I had to specially request housekeeing not to spray the "air freshener" in my room. However, this, in combination with running the bathroom exhaust fan and leaving the patio door open and for three days, did not help. When I got home and unpacked my clothes, they smelled of cigarette smoke.

Next, the bed linens were not clean. There were white, crispy stains all over the blanket. I had to ask housekeeping for a clean one.

As for the rest of the room, the furniture was very old and shabby. The bathtub was gross--black, flaky stuff kept sputtering out of the drain while I was taking a shower. The bed was very uncomfortable and felt like the springs were about to pop out. I had to wipe down the remote control, which was sticky and had crumbs stuck to it.

As for the hotel in general, there is no internet service (not even a computer in the lobby) nor a fitness room. I was told I could use the fitness room at their sister location next door--the Desert Hot Springs Hotel. This "hotel" was even more run down and the fitness room had no working equipment. There were several cardio machines and not one would turn-on. When I informed the front desk, they did not care.

The hotel staff was not very knowledgable when it came to answering basic questions, and I often received conflicting information.

All in all, this hotel needs a major make-over of the rooms. Given the hotel's distance from downtown Palm Springs (about 10 miles) and other desert communities, and the fact that there is nothing to do in Desert Hot Springs, there's no real reason to stay here. There are other hotels in the Palm Springs area that have comparable rates and that dont smell.

Pigeons and pigeon poop

If you like pigeons and pigeon poop, you will love Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel. Whether on your room balcony, relaxing by the pools or eating outside at their restaurant, the pigeons are everywhere!

good hotel above average food

by TripAdvisor Member 1154

stayed at miracle hot springs with a Elderhostel group during Feb march. After seeing reviews we almost canceled, but are glad we went. The rooms and pool area were clean and well cared for. Our meals were included and were above average. Big breakfasts with both hot and cold dishes,either packed or soup and salad lunches and dinners with a single main dish and many vegetables and a salad. followed by a tasty dessert. Have to agree with previous reviews that the front desk personnel did seem out to lunch with molasses-like registration and inability to answer the easiest questions. The reports from those who used the spa were all positive. With retraining or replacement of front desk people this would be a fine hotel

nice pool and grounds

It was a journey trying to find this place and it was a little further away from palm Springs then we hoped, but overall it wasn't too far away once we figured out the directions! We had to reserve our room for a minimum of three nights at the rate of 200.00 US/night. This is an outrageous amount of money for the hotel quality and the rooms. It is quite old and noisey as I was awakened each night with people walking around outside the room and in the room above us. The spa too is also old and I actually felt sorry for the staff who had to work there. It just had a "poor" feel about it. We were totally happy with the sevice we received at the spa and it was very relaxing. The only other positive thing I have to say about this hotel is the pool area is beautiful and the pool water is the perfect temperature. I'm not usually picky about hotel rooms but for the price and the quality I just had to complain.

Italian tile kitchenItalian tile kitchen

San Jacinto mountainsSan Jacinto mountains

Italian tile island kitchenItalian tile island kitchen

GOLF -  best budget value in Palm Springs ValleyGOLF - best budget value in Palm Springs Valley

Comments