12689 Eliseo Road, Desert Hot Springs, California, 92240, United States
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Sagewater Spa

Sagewater is *perfect*

by TripAdvisor Member blondevor

Cristina and Rhoni - thank you! My friend Hollie and I stayed at Sagewater the weekend of March 4th and it was just amazing. Not only did we meet incredibly interesting people to share the weekend with but the place is just impeccable. The linens...the coffee cake...the impromptu cocktails and the warm hospitality...everything was just lovely. It's an intimate place where you feel like you never need to leave and in fact, we didn't, except to hit the grocery market for our barbeques with fellow new friends. The mineral water is incredible and you truly feel like you are away from it all. To be in the pool at 11 PM with new friends talking about life with a glass of wine and shared cheese plate...does it get much better than this? Plus! Their dog Sage, is just the sweetest thing in the world. I want her eyelashes :)

I'll definitely be back with my boyfriend, friends and anyone else who knows an incredible thing when they find it!

Thanks again,
Christy

Absolutely loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member ktdenver

This place is very special. If you are looking to stay a bit out of Palm Springs, with wonderful views, pools, and service - you'll love the Sagewater. We barely left the hotel - except for our day trip to Joshua Tree. Loved it so much we got groceries to throw on the grill for our last evening .. better alternative to even going to a restaurant.

We have stayed in many hotels - Sagewater is a special treat.

Lovely and Refreshing

by TripAdvisor Member DMSMadison

This small spa is private and lovely, with clean, simple architecture, cool white paint, and pale green accents. We loved the mineral water pools and the graciousness of our hostesses, who went out of their way to make sure we were well taken-care of, providing us with everything from Joshua Tree National Park maps to Brazillian drinks poolside.
The rooms are great and the little kitchen was perfect for preparing meals to enjoy there. We found it so relaxing that we hated to leave. And if you enjoy swimming, here is a rare chance to swim in crystal clear mineral water!
Also, Joshua Tree National Park is only about 40 minutes away, so it is a manageable drive with the spa waitiing for you when you return from the desert.

A Very Special Place in the Desert!

by TripAdvisor Member carlgifford

My partner and I stayed at the Sagewater for an extended weekend! The place is fantastic! We are mid-centurty modern aficiados and the place has been loving restored with the details intact.

The rooms are spacious and appointed in a very nice minimilast asthetic (which we love). With the kitchenette, we were able to eat all our meals here and enjoy them by the pools.

What can I say about the pool - the water is fantastic! We spent HOURS in the mineral water and it felt fantastic!

The owners and operators of the hotel were SO sweet and accomadating - we felt right at home!

We hope to go back very soon!

Carl Gifford

We Love This place.

by TripAdvisor Member d_cypher

The Sagewater is the PERFECT place to escape the city and hide out for a few days. The pool is an ideal 90 degrees and the spa is pure relaxation at 105. I turned into a manatee and spent the better part of 48 hours underwater, it had such a tranquilizing effect on me.

There was only one staff member present the weekend I was there, and she was really sweet and welcoming. When you walk in the door there's a fresh baked coffee cake waiting for you that's DYNAMITE. The neighborhood, though a little skanky, is blotted out by the glass wall aorund the pool and floating on your back watching the desert sky go from blue to purple to black-and-starry lets you know you are TRULY out of the city.

I'm definitely going to return. The ONE SMALL CRITICISM I have of the place is their policy towards massge therapists coming in from the outside to ply their trade...as in they don't allow it. The massages they offer on-site were WAY out of my budget, so I had to drive an extra 30 minutes round trip to a studio in Rancho Mirage, which I didn't appreciate.

That being said, this was one of friendliest, quietest and most relaxing places I've ever stayed, and I can't wait to go back again.

Warm and Welcome at the Sagewater Spa

by TripAdvisor Member Karin1234

The Sagewater Spa is a delightful home away from home. We stayed there for two nights in the beginning of July when it was easily 112 degrees during the day.

Even though everyone was sweltering, we were still made to feel at home. Greeted by Rhoni and Cristina (who gave us the famous Grandma B's coffee cake), we were shown our room. Stark and refreshing, clean and simple, the rooms have been updated from the 50's. Equipped with all the amenities you'll need (including a coffeemaker, coffee, a small bottle of milk, dishes, pots and pans, a stove, Frette linens/towels, a DVD/TV, stereo boombox and lovely Aveda shampoo/soap) you just need to walk outside your door to get to the mineral pools and large BBQ.

Although we ate at local restaurants both nights, we felt more than welcome to join the owners and their friends for dinner on both evenings. The BBQ smelled wonderful. We did go out after dinner to soak in the mineral pool and loved it!

I was lucky enough to be treated to a spa treatment called Watsu which is basically a massage in the pool. I'd had short Watsu treatments before but this was magical. They have no problem shutting the pool down for an individual to have a treatment and it was the courtesy of the other guests that really impressed me. The healing qualities of the massage and the mineral water that is heated to 90 degrees was amazing.

We loved our stay and although my husband was initially dubious when we drove up the the Sagewater, by the end of the weekend he was talking about being willing to stay there again. Looks can be deceiving and the Sagewater is hidden away! You'll enjoy being behind those walls relaxing and enjoying the ambience.

Fantastic place to stay...

by TripAdvisor Member bg1970

my wife and i stayed at the sagewater last weekend and loved it -- the coffeecake lives up to it's reputation - cristina and cristiane helped make our stay memorable (rhoni was out of town that weekend), with their warmth, and their capirinhas! and the waters truly seem to have magical powers. we can't wait to go back.

adults only

by TripAdvisor Member bpsArch

When the sky is gray and the air is cold and wet, we two Portlanders fly to Desert Hot Springs for sunny relaxing at the Sagewater Spa. This New Year was our forth visit. Spacious rooms with kitchenettes, modernist chic, hot springs fed hot tub and pool. Outdoor grill and dining area allow for impromptu pot lucks with other guests. And, for you parents in need of a break - adults only.

Felt at Home at the Sagewater

by TripAdvisor Member airportsarefun

My boyfriend and I stayed 2 nights at the Sagewater while en route to LA and we found it hard to leave. Our host, Christina, couldn't have been nicer or more knowledgeable. She and her schnauzer, Sage, greeted us when we first arrived and it set the tone for our entire stay. Our room was minimal (friendly not cold or austere) and impeccably clean. The pool was lovely and the perfect temperature to linger even on a cool November night. And the coffee cake was the best I've ever had. We felt so welcomed at the Sagewater and would definitely return.

Ahhhhhhhh!

by TripAdvisor Member hursey

What a relaxing weekend!!! The calmness, the treatments, the BBQ, Grandma B's Coffee Cake... All flawless. Thank you Rhoni, Nane, & Christina!!! We'll be back again soon!

Comments