Sea Mountain Inn Spa Resort

66540 San Marcus Drive, Desert Hot Springs, California, 92240, United States

Sea Mountain Inn Resort
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

• Is a Nude resort like sea mountain good for first

Many have emailed me to see what I thought of our stay at sea mountain inn.
    As many of you know I write the travel blog and have reviewed numerous resort properties for some major publications and newspapers.

I was invited to do a piece on Nude travel Lifestyles resorts and I went to the sea mountain Inn actually in Desert Hot Springs California by Palm Springs.

I paid my own way and did not notify the staff of my intentions of reviewing this property. One can read my full reviews on my blog and website and of course in the April Sunday Paper edition.
    For virtual tourist I think the main issue is will a female feel comfortable in this unique environment.

My visit included a day pass -food and drinks,and excellent tandem massages and I traveled with my husband .

Although through Europe we have been to Topless beaches we were unsure what the truth of the sea mountain inn was. There has been much discussion as to if swingers or lifestyles people and true nudists and newbees are a correct mix.

We found the Inn respectful ,clean, the staff over the top pleasing and the rooms to be 4 stars. Had they had a bar on property and a gym we would consider it as good as a boutique hotel gets naked or clothed.

We were quite overwhelmed by the upscale nature of the guests and staff. We ate ,danced,enjoyed mineral water pools and became totally comfortable in the luxury nude paradise.

There are no single men on the property as any time which helped to provide the level of comfort found no whre else in the world. If you have never been to a Nude resort this would be the resort to try. Its intimate and relaxing. We made some amazing friends had incredible laughs and felt an aloha vibe and welcomed by all. There are no children on this property although many guests spent hours talking about school and work and kids.

Unique Quality: Nude resort of adults only
    romantic
    art and decor
    mineral water
    unusual 24 hour lounge
    people and sensuality

Directions: mineral water area next to palm springs california

More about Sea Mountain Inn Spa Resort

Gr8 Time @ Sea Mountain Inn

by TripAdvisor Member WithLoveFromTheOC

My husband and I spent our Anniversary at Sea Mountain in and had a great (expletive) time. There was nude sun bathing, colorful whirlpools and dirty dancing.

The party is what you make it at Sea Mountain Inn and the staff does add to making your experience enjoyable. They are courteous and knowledgeable. We were able to spend our Anniversary in great style.

We are not in the lifestyle, but truly enjoyed watching other's play in the lifestyle. We look forward to more nude sun bathing, colorful whirlpools and more dirty (expletive) dancing.

With Love From The O.C.!

Another incredible trip

by TripAdvisor Member SoCalKivi

Just another incredible trip to Sea Mountain Inn. This place is so much fun. We keep going back again and again and we have never been disappointed. The weather is always great in the desert (85 degrees in March!) and the people there are amazing. The hosts Julie and Dewey spare no expenese to make sure your stay is a memerable one. It is pure naked freedom! If you haven't experienced the bliss of Sea Mountain Inn you are truley missing something. We are already looking forward to our next visit.

Go in with an open heart

by TripAdvisor Member econn

Sea Mountain Inn is a special place for those with an open mind and open heart. I have read the reviews, both positive and negative, and understand where many of them are coming from. It is a wonderful tranquil setting, but may not meet the requirements of an upscale venue promoted on the site. Sea Mountain is clothiing optional and safe secure place for couples to play, flirt, relax, or fantasize. Tucked away in a residential area of Desert Hot Springs, not the glamour sport of the Desert, but truly an oasis from the golf shirt crowd in the rest of the valley.
The rooms are clean, simple and the bed is exceptional. The grounds are full of little knooks and cranies to sit and lounge in. The people are friendly and respectful of your space.

The staff is friendly and attentive.

If the Sea Mountain Inn falls short anywhere it is with their food. Since all our rooms have refrigerators, I recommend bringing some of your own snacks to munch on. They do have an excellent spot that caters dinner for the clients who request it.

Overall, we had a magical experience. We would recommend Sea Mountain for adventerous adults looking to add a spark to their relationship.

Fall in Love All Over Again!

by TripAdvisor Member KuAndPele

We spent two blissful nights and 3 gorgeous days at this amazing oasis. We have to admit that we had no idea what to expect. We have been to secluded nude resorts before, so I expected the Inn to be away from the main parts of Desert Hot Springs. I was surprised when we pulled up to this walled property reminiscent of the Secret Garden in the middle of a residential neighborhood.

We rang the doorbell and were greeted by the owner, who welcomed us with delicious margaritas. After checking in he walked us around the property, introduced us to the other guests, and welcomed us into our beautiful room. The rooms really are quite nice. The beds are extra comfy with supremely soft Egyptian cotton sheets. Compared with similar properties, this was great!

We spent a lot of time in the jacuzzi and pool. The nice thing about both is they are heated to the right temperature. Sometimes hot tubs are just way too hot, and you can only spend a few minutes in them before your over-heat. This is not the case at Sea Mountain Inn! The jacuzzi is comfortably heated to allow for hours of lounging, conversations with the other guests, and whatever other activity is encouraged. The mineral water pool is also nice and warm between 90 and 100 degrees so even in the cold January night, we could swim comfortably.

The staff is awesome. They went above and beyond to make sure that we had whatever we needed; drinks, food, towels, condoms ;), etc. Special thanks to Felicity and the ultimate host - Dewey with tequila and mango vodka shots.

We read some reviews where guests complained about the food or lack thereof. I wanted to at least give a description of what we experienced. Breakfast consisted of a variety of fresh bagels and toast, cereals, oatmeal, granola bars, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, juices and sodas. It was perfect for us. On Saturday, they served lunch which was really yummy - fried chicken, macaroni salad and potato salad, fruit, and chips. For dinner they offer a menu that they order out from, where you can also order lunch. It is a little over-priced but the food is quite good (the Chicken Marsala and the Shrimp Scampi are great). You can always put clothes on and grab food from a nearby restaurant, but nobody we met wanted to do that. They also have ramen noodles around the clock. . . good for late night munchies. In any case, don't go expecting any gourmet cooking, but they provide the basic necessities and encourage you to bring food (every room has a fridge and microwave) if that's not enough.

All in all, it was a fabulous weekend getaway and we will surely return. The nicest thing about this place is the small size of the resort. It makes the stay feel really intimate, and personal. You can keep that intimacy between yourself and your partner, or comfortably share it with your new friends there. It helped us rekindle our love and gave us some very nice memories to keep the fire going.

SMI all the way

by TripAdvisor Member skin5054

This is one of the greatest places I have ever been. Me and my wife went our second time after only 2 months since the last visit. We could wait to go back again. We were already thinking about our return trip before we even got home. I have traveled the world being in the USMC and can say there is no better place to relax and meet people. The people at SMI ar not judgemental in anyway from size, shape, color or religion. The guest are very frienldy and respectful. We cant wait to go back again.

Nice resort for first timers

by TripAdvisor Member nudebie

Just returned from a week long vacation. My wife and I went to this resort for a day just the day before thanksgiving. So there were hardly any people there (just 1-2 couples more). I guess the "party" crowd would not come that day with the long weekend approaching the very next day. Ofcourse people started trickling in the day of thanksgiving when we were leaving. The only thing I did not like was the food. We are vegans and they ordered some meat and tuna fish sandwiches. When I asked them, they said that we did not tell them in advance. Well! How are we to tell them unless they ask? We went out to a thai restaurant close by and had an inexpensive but nice meal. My wife and I loved playing in the buff in the pool/jacuzzi and taking some nice snaps (they did not tell us it was prohibited until more people started trickling in the following day) - understandable; I would be nervous posing for some one else's pics. We loved roaming around clothes free as first timers. I just wished there were more people to watch and be watched but my wife was happy that we had the resort to ourselves mostly. We did not put on clothes until the very last minute that we had to leave. The rooms were lovely. Except that there were hardly any people, I loved the place. It was also a quite windy so you have to sprint to the room once you are out of the pool in the evenings. Plan to be there again next year for a little longer perhaps when it might be a little less windy in the evening. My wife felt that this day was the best part of our vacation. I loved the fact that no one complained no matter *how much* PDA we shared - including some nice playtime on the bed near the jacuzzi ;) Music was on until late night even though there was no one dancing - but it did not bother us since we slept like a log on the super comfy mattress.

Absolute paradise,The best clothing optional resort in North America

by TripAdvisor Member AandC2007

My wife and I visted This resort several times and we loved it. beautiful palm trees, heated pool and Giant hot tub filled with energizing mineral water. We loved the Cal king luxurious Bed . The room was very clean and nice bathrooms. The hosts and wokers maids are wonderful. Good service .

Classy Romantic Retreat!

by TripAdvisor Member SweetHeather

Sea Mountain offers a very high end, romantic experience here in the states - we don't know of another resort of it's caliber. We have visited DESIRE and some very fine "clubs" but this resort is truly unique and special.

The resort is surreptitiously nestled between residential homes, with two large wood doors which immediately offer the feeling of intrigue and excitement. Many large shrubs and beautiful bamboo fencing actually shroud this small, botique hotel offering it the intimacy and privacy you are looking for.

The rooms are very nicely decorated, with high-end bedding, pillow-top mattresses, and the facilities that one might come to expect from a five-star resort. The service is even more luxurious than the rooms, offering you unlimited beverages (non-alcoholic), an assortment of breakfast and luncheon items to eat, and the occassional libation. **The Fried Rice is so yummy good!** If you choose to bring your own food, there is a microwave and fridge in every room.

There are slippers, bathrobes, beach towels, and lounge chairs for everyone. The community areas are extremely clean, the guests are respectful, enjoyable and very open-minded, and the staff is always available to ensure your visit is exceeding your expectations.

We highly recommend you visit Sea Mountain for an experience of a lifetime. We have been there twice and plan to return in the spring.

Comments