Doubletree by Hilton Hotel LAX- El Segundo

Booking.com Priceline.com Tingo.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• leics's Profile Photo

Nice hotel near LAX

It's unusual for me to duplicate tips but in this case I think it's justified. I've placed my review of this hotel in 'LA' (even though it wasn't listed) but it also deserves to be in El Segundo.

If you have a car...or if you are just looking for somewhere to stay near LAX..this hotel is a very good choice.

It's far enough away from the airport not to have any aircraft noise and it's in a safe area for wandering (there's a mini-mall 10 minutes' walk away).

Staff are very pleasant, courteous and friendly. There's a heated pool, a bar/restaurant, a washing machine and dryer for guest use and a fitness room.

Most importantly for someone without a car (like me) there's a shuttle to and from LAX. It will pick you up when you arrive (just phone the hotel) and makes regular trips to the airport every 30 minutes from 4am until around midnight.

My room was pleasant, quiet and very clean, with a very comfortable bed. There was a tub as well as a shower, good toiletries, a safe, ironing board/iron and a coffeemaker which made reasonable coffee (as long as I reduced the mount of water I used!).

Wifi isn't free (10 USD per day) but when I asked about it I was given free wifi for my stay. Not sure why..perhaps they've realised that not having free wifi is not a good thing nowadays? There are two computers in the 'business centre' and a printer, which are free for guest use. And there's plenty of parking space (as far as i could tell).

I ate in the hotel a couple of times. Good draught beer...I liked 'White Dog'. The food was reasonably-priced for a hotel and tasty. I decided not to take the 17 USD 'breakfast buffet' but just chose items from the menu: bagel and cream cheese and fruit/natural yoghurt. Again, reasonably-priced for a hotel and the bar/restaurant staff were very friendly.

I did enjoy my stay at the Doubletree...it was a comfortable place for a solo female traveller who just wanted to relax and make occasional forays into the wider LA area. :-)

Directions: To the south of LAX. Takes about 20 minutes, assuming traffic is flowing freely.

• toddecus's Profile Photo

LAX for a night and quiet

Put the parents up here while they were visiting us in El Segundo. Didn't need a resort just a nice quiet place to sleep the room was immaculately clean. They gave us a couple of chocolate chip cookies upon check in, which was welcome after the long drive. For the amount of attention to detail it was kind of surprising how somethings were not well maintained. For example the closet door was broken and difficult to open and close. The TV/entertainment control was over the top, but as I said not much time was spent in the room. Fortunately, the room was quiet and very comfortable, and reasonably priced for a doubletree.

Unique Quality: Half block East from Sepulveda on Grand (the main street that runs through El Segundo).

If you got a high enough room, you might enjoy the city lights at night, but you aren't going to see the ocean, and smog in LA is going to prevent any views during the day. Lots of hotels near LAX are quite noisy, you can't hear the planes from this one.

Visiting El Segundo for work

The Doubletree near LAX in El Segundo is about the quitest, nicest place to stay if you are visiting El Segundo on business or pleasure if you don't plan to spend much time at the hotel. It is not a resort, but the beach is a short drive away. If you needed a quick overnight hotel near LAX, I would recommend this place. On the other hand just down the street in Manhattan Beach and other hotels that are more resort/vacation oriented.
    The doubletree is in the heart of the business corporate buildings and near Raytheon, Boeing, some of the airlines et al... cars direct et al...
    Reasonably priced and very comfortable.

Unique Quality: shares parking lot with Mattel. Not in the LAX flight path, so you won't hear the planes. (Very quiet.)

• toddecus's Profile Photo

Nicest place to stay near LAX

There was plenty of parking, the hotel was clean and very comfortable. Most importantly we couldn't hear the planes. This doubletree is just out of the flight path and across the parking lot from Mattel. It is a little hidden, but not too hard to find. Also nearby are Northrop Grummand and Oracle as well as a number of large office buildings. This is really a business hotel, although there is a pool to the side of the hotel, this is a comfortable place to sleep not a place to vacation.

Directions: South on Sepulveda from LAX and East on Grand. Easy to see the sign, but you may do a lap around the block trying to find the entrance.

More about Doubletree Hotel Los Angeles International Airport

A Good Choice at the Airport

Two significant problems during our one night stay: 1) the sliding door to the bathroom was off its track and 2) the housekeeping staff began cleaning and vacuuming (loudly, of course) at 8:30 am -- too early for us, given that we had arrived at 2 am. Otherwise, a good experience. The hotel, which is south of the airport, is surrounded by business campuses and is on a pleasant block. The hotels to the north and east of the airport have less desirable surroundings (adult bookstores, gas stations where beggars lurk at the pumps). The staff is very helpful, even the reservations agents on the phone. The Doubletree does not appear to be in the nickel-and-dime mode of other chains in its class; the bottled water in our room was, surprisingly, free -- not some $3.00 honor charge.

Great Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member ohiodude

My wife and I stayed here while I was in the area on business. It was easily the best place we stayed, and almost the cheapest. The bed is one of the most comfortable I have had in a hotel, the staff was very accomodating and the location is good. There aren't any big attractions close by, the the area is clean, there is shopping nearby and it appears to be safe.

I will stay here again when I am in L.A. again.

Incredible Deal!

We reserved a room for 3 nights via the internet and got their Net Direct price. This is a very clean and attractively furnished hotel with a very friendly and helpful staff. We were a little wary since we got such a great price but relied on the travel advisor reviews and were certainly not disappointed. We will definitely stay here again whenever we are in LA. Best deal in the LAX area for sure.

Precisely What I Needed!

Basically, my review seconds everything everyone else has said about this hotel. As others have noted (so I was prepared), my check in did not go smoothly. It seemed to take forever, even though I was the only person checking in at the time, then I was directed to a room that was already occupied. I had to return to the lobby (annoying, but not the end of the world) and be assigned to a new room. Without my having to ask, the hotel compensated my inconvenience by giving me a voucher for a free breakfast the next morning.

The details: I checked in 12/30/04 and checked out 12/31/04. The airport shuttle picked me up from LAX quickly. I was ultimately assigned to room 426. My room (once I got in it) was clean and spacious. I was never concerned for my safety. I could hear a moderate amount of noise from the hallway and surrounding room--nothing that kept me from sleeping.

As everyone else has noted, the hotel is situated in the middle of a business park, thus (unless you want to walk a bit) there are no dining or entertainment options in the immediate vicinity of the hotel; you'll have to eat at the restaurant on the premises--my free breakfast was fine. Great orange juice!

If I needed to stay at near LAX, I'd definitely consider this hotel again.

convenient for LAX

Stayed 5 consecutive nights here in late January/early February 2005, so got a real feel for the hotel. This is a convenient location for LAX, not a place for a resort vacation. Mostly business oriented, not for kids. Workout room is too small for # of rooms and needs some help, and the restaurant is minimal, but there are many more places to eat nearby. I found that the bigggest problem here was the front desk/check in staff. They were generally slow, unprofessional, and incompetent, unable to answer basic questions, and when I needed to extend my stay, they offered me rates higher than the ones on the doubletree.com site! (not to mention what I could get on priceline) The 159/night they offered was laughable in comparison to what I was able to get the room for. They really need to learn some basics--like not yelling out guest's names and room number out loud, etc. The hotel otherwise was fine. I used the airport shuttle with no problems, wakeup calls were on time, room was clean and stocked with towels, etc. The remote control for the TV was broken, but when I called, they took care of it and replaced it with a new remote. If you are doing business in one of the many tall office buildings that surround the hotel, it is ultra-convenient--can literally walk out of the hotel and be where you need to be in a minute. For me, this was the biggest draw--avoiding traffic. Starbucks and a full service supermarket is a few blocks away. Fine for a business trip, not a vacation with the family.

Good stay at the Doubletree!

by TripAdvisor Member lilaki

Stayed here for three nights on the last leg of our So. Cal. adventure. We loved it. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. We didn't experience any of the problems mentioned in the previous review. Room was clean, pleasant, and comfortable. Bathroom was spacious - loved the rounded shower curtain rod - so much more space in the shower! Our room had a small fridge which was extremely handy to keep snacks, drinks, etc. There is a Ralph's supermarket just about a block away. We paid $58.50 via the Doubletree website for three nights. Hotel shuttle to airport was great - the most friendly driver named Dennis. Also, hotel was only 10 minutes away from Manhattan Beach - a nice place to grab a coffee and people watch. Business center was also very handy - two computers with printer capability for free. This hotel was great for the price - also nicely located away from the 'seedy' airport strip. The only problem we encountered - we had to ask FOUR times for an additional luggage rack. But other than that, we had a very positive experience. We would stay here again.

Great choice for LAX

by TripAdvisor Member BDavisDecatur_GA

Camped overnight for mid morning flight next day. Excellent bed, bedding...rivals the Westin chain concept. Very comfy. Slippers were a nice touch with the heavy robe. Felt safe (travelling alone) and parking was a breeze (and free). Didn't figure out they had high speed internet until I checked out...used dialup. Not sure if it's thru the TV or not..I need to check on that one. Room service fast and reasonably priced. Booked on Hilton's Honor site and got same rate quoted by discount booking sites.

Comments