1440 Imperial Avenue, El Segundo, CA 90245

Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Costs 24% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

Views from an upper Room

The suite we stayed in was small, pleasant in appearance, but not great. They spent a little too much on the common area atrium's and not enough on sound proofing the rooms on the north side of the hotel. The suite was pretty small when you think about how large a windmill inn or something would have been.
    The atmosphere was a little busy for me, but if you had a family the common areas would be reasonable to hang out in. I think this is really a hotel for business travelers and people stuck at LAX for a day or two. Definitely not a tourist destination.

The shower was pretty small for a suite, but I am a big guy so... you decide.

Unique Quality: Walk up the street and take interesting photos of LAX runway and airport. You can't get much closer to the airport and not technically be in the flight path.

Directions: Los Angeles International Aiprort just South of Runway

• toddecus's Profile Photo

Stuck at LAX, ask the airlines to put you here.

Stayed here one night while family was visiting. The rooms were clean and visually appealing. The place looked more expensive, was a little expensive, but wasn't super luxurious. I wouldn't vacation here, but it wasn't terrible for a night or two stay. I don't mind the faint constant sound of planes taking off and landing.

The armoir was almost useless, and strangely had the suitcase stand inside of it, but was too narrow to actually hold a suitcase. The atrium was kind of a neat view right outside of our room.

Unique Quality: VERY near Los Angeles international airport, and depending what side of the hotel you have a room determines how loud the planes are. Not to mention if you get a view of the airport runways.

Directions: El Segundo right next to LAX.

Form over Function Hotel Rooms

Put my Sister and Brother and law up for a night, and the suite looked great upon entry.... As we settled in a bit, it became clear a lot of the emphasis was on looks, while the function was pretty minimal.

The Embassy Suites Hotel at LAX is less than 5 minutes by taxi from the terminal and sits midway down the runway just on the other side of imperial highway. The rooms are clean and comfortable but not too nice. Definitely not the place to stay on vacation as you are far from beach, or any other real tourist destination area. This is the place you want to stay for one night when you can't get your connecting flight that day. It is not the quietest hotel, but at least it is not in the actual flight path like many of the LAX/el Segundo hotels are.

My nephew felt upset that you couldn't lock the bathroom door, but my sister loved the vanity and sink in the room itself.

Unique Quality: View of planes landing and taking off. Little too noisy for rooms on north side of hotel atrium.

Directions: Just South of LAX airport

• toddecus's Profile Photo

Little loud, little pricey, but not bad

Family came to visit us, and we only have one guest bedroom so we decided to try the Embassy suites for one night for our guests. It is usually a little more than some of the other places we have chosen, and I worried it was RIGHT next to the airport runway.

When we entered I was surprised by the beautiful atrium/courtyard within the interior of the hotel. I found the decor to be quite relaxing, although quite busy and full of people.

Unique Quality: 5 minutes from LAX ($20 by cab). Views of planes taking off and landing. Very nice interior common area, coy pond, breakfast area, bar etc...
    Little noisy in rooms on the airport side of the hotel. This doesn't bother me because I live in El Segundo and this is much quieter than my house, but if you aren't used to it and a light sleeper you are doomed.

Directions: Along Imperial highway on North End of El Segundo just South of LAX. $20 by cab from airport including tip.

More about Embassy Suites Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South

Excellent hotel for a reasonable price

by TripAdvisor Member krhm2323

Overall, we really found this hotel to meet all of our needs. We booked it for 119 on their website, which is reasonable for the area...

The location is only 5 minutes from the main terminals of LAX and they have a free shuttle service that runs 24 hours. Parking is $17/day but there are some (not a lot) of free parking on the street right outside. There is no view here, but the hotel makes up for it. Beautiful decor, fountains, lighting - from the lobby to the room.

The rooms are large 2 room suites - the front room is a living area with sofa(bed), chair, small dining table & chairs, microwave, fridge and sink. TV is good with cable and HBO, you can get payview movies. The bedroom area either has one king or two doubles (not queens) that are super comfortable. Another TV in this room as well as a small dressing area w/ mirror and sink which is very handy. Everything was very clean and heat and A/C both work. Bathrooms are very small but good showers and complimentary toiletries.....

Amenities: excellent, made to order hot breakfast with buffet pastries, cereal and fruit. Restaurant is a little pricey but very good and very ample portions. The pool is small and cold but the hot tub is warm and nice. Standard fitness room with a few weigh machines and treadmills. There is wireless Internet in the rooms, but only if you pay for it - my one complaint about this hotel. There is pay-for computer access in the lobby too..

Overall good points:
Very clean and well decorated
Great location for LAX
Large, efficient, comfortable rooms
Bad points:
Parking is $17/day
No free Internet

We will definitely stay here again.

It's the little things that distracted from the beauty of this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member mom-o-five

First of all let me say that I haven't seen a more beautiful hotel in a long time. I really loved the fountain and atrium atmosphere. Marble on the check-in floors, stamped concrete to look like flagstone elsewhere, fast elevators, beautiful pool with a private sitting area, nice breakfast area and breakfast was great. The rooms were quite nice (granite counters, nice bedding) but when it came to the little things it is surprising how they can ruin an otherwise great experience...so here's the nagging little things.

1 - Could find the place. We had to get a rental car off-site and so our Map Quest directions didn't help. We tried to call into the hotel when we were really close and she couldn't guide us in. Kept putting us on hold (very frusting on the LA freeway system.)

2 - The staff (excepting the breakfast chefs) couldn't have been more surly. They acted like we were beneath their usual clientele (I guess we're mere "tourists").

3 - There is ONE washer dryer for the entire place and it was older than dirt and the dryer was very hot. My suggestion...take out one of the useless meeting rooms, put in 4 washer dryer sets and a folding table and make your guests happy.

4 - A wedding took priority over guests. We walked down to the pool (in our suits of course) and a security guard escorted us out. The pool was shut down for hours because of a wedding and they forgot to unlock it when the wedding was over so I had to go to the front desk in my swimming suit.

5 - Embassy Suites has a manager's reception but Embassy must buy their snack mix in bulk because it was stale (in both locations). The taco chips weren't much better and they had cheap salsa. Instead of having a soda machine they had the bartender dispensing drinks and everything tasted like Sprite. Not a very good "reception".

6 - The parking is $17.00 a night but there was street parking available, if you could find a spot.

So, although I found the hotel beautiful the little things add up. I think if they could train their staff (or hire a better manager that passes on a good attitude), put in a better laundry, clean the ancillary services like the public bathrooms and laundry area and buy their snacks fresh from the market once a week this would be a world class hotel.

Like staying in a luxury prison.

by TripAdvisor Member UKguests

Stayed for three nights. Liked the privacy that suite accomodation offered our son.He used the sofa bed which he said was comfortable. Staff on reception did not seem to have much local knowledge but did try to be helpful. Our orveall impression was very prison like with all the rooms having an internal landing and although the rooms were large there are no opening windows. The bedroom windows are opaque and alarmed. If like me you like some natural light and air you should avoid staying here.
The breakfast was ok but cleared promptly - so don't be late! The staff watch the clock! Happy hour takes place in this breakfast area unlike others we have visited which use lounges or bars so no where near as relaxing. We got a drink and took it back to our room. Won't stop us using embassy suites - just not this one again.

Great Place to stay for Step 2 CS in LA

by TripAdvisor Member lilsarah21

I wanted to stay in the El Segundo area the night before the USMLE Step 2 CS exam so that I wouldn't have to worry about driving from the Inland Empire in am traffic and making it to the exam on time and was lucky to find the Embassy Suites Hotel El Segundo. For anyone taking the exam in El Segundo/Los Angeles, or in the area on business, this hotel is the perfect place to stay. It is located directly across from LAX airport and has an airport shuttle. The reception staff were very welcoming and inviting, the room was nice with the usual Embassy Suites separate living area complete with a couch, kitchen area (bar w/ refrigerator & microwave) kitchen table and television. The separate bedroom was also nice with another television, good sized bathroom and plenty of room to hang suits etc. Parking is $17.00/night but you can park on the little street in front of the hotel which seemed safe, as most of the guests chose to park out there and save the $. I ran down to the nightly reception to grab a non-caffeinated, non-alcoholic beverage and was surprised to discover that they didn't have many non-alcoholic things. Ended up with Ginger Ale. Snacks included popcorn, tortilla chips and salsa and snack mix; a bit stale as one previous reviewer pointed out. Room service pizza for dinner was great but they do tack on a $2.50 charge for "delivery". Beware of the "Brownie with Ice Cream". It sounds good on the menu but ended up tasting like it was several years old. I guess they don't sell many of those. :) Ask for a room on the South side, away from the airport. If was a bit difficult to sleep up until midnight or so when flights stopped and street traffic died down. Planes started up again at 6:15 am so if you're a light sleeper be sure to ask for something farther away from the street and airport. Breakfast buffet was great, as usual. Internet access is $10/day and the business center charges for use as well. I thought they could have at least included free internet access down there. Overall, this is an excellent place to stay on business and great for the Step 2 CS exam which is right around the corner.

Beautiful hotel, great value!

by TripAdvisor Member Wilkinsons

My husband and I stayed one night. We used the free shuttle from the airport. The hotel atrium is absolutely gorgeous.. Staff was very friendly. They let us check-in a bit early which we much appreciated since we had an overnight flight from Tahiti. Room was very clean and bed quite comfortable. The hot breakfast was cooked to order and very tasty. Overall it was a great experience and great value. We would go back in a heartbeat. From Ottawa, Canada

Great value

by TripAdvisor Member AlbertaKennyBoy

Staying at the El Segundo Embassy Suites was one of the highlights of a terrific Christmas vacation in California. The suite was clean and comfortable, with a small kitchen area that had a fridge and microwave. The sofa bed was surprisingly comfortable, given experiences elsewhere, and the bathroom was modern and clean. The TV included an Internet access option, allowing me to get favourite websites. A nice feature, though the technology didn't work very well with some websites. The adults only pool area was excellent, with a comfortable hot tub and a good sized pool. A couple of nice features were the hot breakfast and the manager's evening social, both available to guests at no cost. Parking was excellent, though $17 per night extra. Although we chose this option as we didn't know the neighbourhood, I don't think anyone would have a problem parking their vehicle on the street outside. Another good feature of this hotel was its location's easy access to LAX and to Interstate 105. Having the 105 so close made for easy access to the LA freeway system. Overall, a great place to stay!

Great experience, good value!

by TripAdvisor Member smith06

We stayed for one night over the busy Christmas weekend, and were very pleasantly surprised by the Embassy Suites! The suite was spotless and large, and a great value. Despite the fact that each room faces the large and potentially noisy courtyard, the rooms were extremely quiet. The front desk personnel were top-notch; they were pleasant and helpful, and really made an effort to connect with each customer. They even remembered who I was and where I was visiting from when I sheepishly stopped by the next morning after locking my key in my room.

Good free hot breakfast always sweetens the deal, especially when omelets, fresh pancakes and mounds of bacon are involved. Garage parking is $17, which seems steep for the area. Being from an area where street parking is scarce at best, we opted to park in the garage, which probably isn't at all necessary.

HIghly recommended!

Great value

by TripAdvisor Member PaulieVegas

I'll never know how Embassy Suites does it and other hotels can't. I've stayed at two Embassy Suites, including this one, and each time I've paid less than $120 for a clean spacious suite w/separate living room, free cocktails from 5-7, free buffet breakfast in the morning, exercise room, pool, nice interior decor (love the fish ponds and waterfalls!) and onsite dining. The value of Embassy Suites hotels is truly superior. You get so much more for your money. This hotel is located directly on the South side of LAX. I guess the only drawback is that it's not as sound-proof as other airport hotels I've stayed at. But it's still good enough. I recommend this property to anyone staying near LAX.

Good plane-spotting

by TripAdvisor Member Crsemma

Booked room via hotel website after reading reviews and countless hours searching for a reasonable rate hotel for our first night in LA. Arriving early morning, bleary-eyed, after our long flight from Oz, picked up hire car and found the hotel. Very pleasant check-in staff, managed to store our luggage for a few hours and finally checked in to our room (top floor) - we requested the top floor facing the runway for a bit of plane-spotting (great!). Lovely, clean room with a small lounge area.Hardly noticed any noise although sometimes loud noises do echo up the centre (atrium) of the hotel. Great b'fast included in price ($119 plus tax) ; welcome drink incl too. We only stayed a night before moving on but will come back if the rates were as good.

Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member SamanthaC7

We arrived in LA airport at 7am from Australia, we rang from the airport for the free courtesy bus, which was great. Arrived at the hotel and couldn't book in till 12pm. While we waited they did give us free breakfast and we made use of the comfy couches in the lobby.

Once we got to the room it was very nice, the beds were a dream, very comfortable. We had a family of 5 and the room housed us comfortably. It was a two room suite with two double beds in one room and a lounge/pull out sofa in the other. It had a dinning table and a small kitchenette with fridge and microwave. High speed internet was available.

We did eat at the resturant once and it was ok, another night we ordered room service pizza and that was great.

We used this hotel as our base in America. We did love the convenients of the bus to take us to and from the airport. We did try and use the local transport but found it would take us ages to get anywhere. Found it very clean, breakfast every day and a evening reception where they served free wine and beer. The bar down stairs served great coffee.

El Segundo, CaliforniaEl Segundo, California

mixed grillmixed grill

mixed regular fries and onion strings.mixed regular fries and onion strings.

El Segundo, CAEl Segundo, CA

area information

by julia687

I am staying in El Segundo at the Hacienda for a total of 3 nights in June, I'll be by myself and won't have a car. Am looking for any information you can give me on the local area and public transport. I would like on one day to get in to central LA & do the touristy bits. Also could you give me idea's for the cost of eating & drinking.

Thanks very much for your help!

RE: area information

by Roadquill

You are sort of by LAX, so you should be able to get over to the shuttle that connects you to the metro.

Use the metro planning at http://www.mta.net/default.asp to get an idea of what you have to do to use public transportation in LA. It provides for both the underground train/ above ground train and bus system. Not terribly efficient, but once you get to the underground train you can at least hit downtown, Hollywood and Universal. The only things downtown that are touristy are the music / entertainment venues such as the Disney Hall (music), the Dorothy Chandler (music/ballet), the Forum (plays)the Ahmanson (plays, musicals) or head to Olivera Street, or Museum of Contemporary Art across from the Disney Hall. At mid Wilshire, (Wilshire and La Brea) there is the LA County Museum of Art and the La Brea Tar Pits (which is very exclusively LA). In West LA, a mile N of Wilshire on Sepulveda is the Getty Museum.
As to eating, you can grab a hamburger and fries from any one of the millions of fast food places for $3. Sit down lunches/dinners at coffee shops like Coco's or Denny's, will run from $6 to $12. Mexican and Oriental food places you can get a good meal for less than $10. Of course, it is easy to spend $30 to $40 for dinner at a nice place. Most grocery stores have deli's where you can get a filling sandwich or a large salad bar for less than $6. Have a great time when you are here.

RE: area information

by Grantman

To or from LAX and Downtown, the fixed price for a taxi is $40. The Hacienda is ok and there's a very good Ralph's market across the street that is open late. Buses run south on Sepulveda Blvd., take it to Manhattan Beach Blvd., get off the bus and walk west (to the right) and it's maybe 1.5 miles to Downtown Manhattan Beach with plenty of good bars, restaurants & nightlife ranging from $8 burgers & bar food to expensive Italian food. A cab from Hacienda to MBeach would probably be $12-15. Shelback's Tavern on the beach at the end of MB Blvd. is inexpensive, friendly, and decent cheap tacos, burgers. You could take a quick $3 cab ride into Downtown El Segundo, but it's pretty quiet, the only bar I like is The Purple Orchid a block west of Main and a half block north on Grand.

Comments