Hacienda Hotel at LAX

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 40% less but rated 23% lower than other 3 star hotels

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Nice Motel Great Rooms

115 in October 2012. This is a fancy looking hotel and the rooms are nice but they nickel and dime you. Add $8 a day for parking; if you want to use their computers for Internet access; it is $6.95 for 28 minutes. No small refrigerator or microwave. Nice TV with one channel of HBO. First there was no remote in the room then when I finally got a remote the TV did not work anyway and it took another couple of calls to get that straightened out.

Unique Quality: Restaurant and Bar In Hotel

• julia687's Profile Photo

Good Hotel

I've never read so many mixed reviews for 1 hotel! I had 4 nights in total,for the first 2 nights I was in the South Wing which was a lot nicer than I expected. It was all clean and comfortable, also had things like a hairdryer and iron and ironing board in the room which was nice.

2 weeks later I was there for another 2 nights and this time got a room in the west tower. This wasn't quite as good as the first room but it was all clean, quiet and comfortable. and of about a 3* standard which it is sold as.

I ate in the 24 hour restaurant several times, and the food is good and quite reasonable, the bar is fine, but the courtyard is a bit nicer especially if you sit next to the false log fire. There is a supermarket, an el polo loco, subway, starbucks and sizzler opposite and an Ihop within walking distance.

There is also laundry facilities on the 5th foor of the West Tower which I only found out about from another guest. The pool was nice, slightly smaller than expected but clean and plenty of sunbeds.

Took the free shuttle bus to Manhatten Village Mall / Target which is not really advertised even in the hotel, found out by chance. It was about a 15 min walk to the beach from there.

To go exploring by public transport from here isn't too bad, didn't try the metro but took the bus to Santa Monica via the LAX bus station and for $1.50 it was very reasonable and took about an hour, a taxi would have been atleast $60. A cab from Marina del Ray to the hotel cost $20, Hermosa was about $15 and Manhatten Village was about $8.

I was very dubious about travelling here after reading some of the reviews but overall its a nice clean hotel and I would stay here again just don't come expecting a deluxe hotel - you get what you pay for!

Unique Quality: Its not like a big chain hotel

Directions: El Segundo

More about Hacienda Hotel at LAX

Hacienda Hotel at LAX- Beware!

by TripAdvisor Member Kevin1957

We spent 1 night at this hotel awaiting a 6:50 AM flight out of LAX the next morning. The hotel Lobby and outdoor Courtyard seem nice. The hotel consists of 3 buildings. The main Courtyard bulding is #1, the South Tower is #2 and the West Tower is #3. Our partyof six had 3 rooms reserved through Expedia. One room was in the newly refurbished South Tower. It was a decent, clean room. Our other 2 rooms were in the Main Courtyard building. These rooms resembled a prison cell..(without bars). Although the rooms seemed clean, the rooms smelled bad. The windows were so old and dirty you could barely see out of them. But the worst part of all was the entire hotel was without A/C. All of the rooms were hot and stuffy, so no one could sleep. My wife called the front deck to complain. She was told that "the system was in 'Neutral', so there was no heat or A/C at this time...Sorry". This just meant the hotel was too cheap to turn the A/C on for the season yet. Okay, so if you're looking for a hotel for 1 night for a flight in or out of LAX, the hotel's location and free Airport Shuttle makes it tolerable, BUT for any other reason or a longer stay, do yourself a BIG favor and look elsewhere. Bookings the Expedia anf Hotels.com are running $75.00 per night. DON'T PAY MORE THAN THAT! And when you get there, ask for a room in the South Tower..Good Luck

Bus

by julia687

We caught the bus outside sizzler up to LAX and changed there to get to Santa Monica - it cost us $1.50 in total and the buses ran frequently. There were also buses running south but we used the one ran by the Hacienda Hotel. We didn't have any problems getting around without a car.

Stay in a safe part of greater Los Angeles

by marinarena

El Segundo is a safe, convenient place for someone visiting the Los Angeles area. When visiting such a big metropolis like L.A opting for a a closeby suburb can desireable for accomodations and safety concerns. Crime tends to be very low here due to its population and high sense of community pride. With much of the daytime corporate work force fleeing by evening, El Segundo is especially a peaceful place. Here's a list of hotels. I recommend Travelodge for the least expensive option:

Courtyard by Marriott

Summerfield Suites
815 S. Douglas St. El Segundo, CA 90245 (310) 725-0100

Travelodge at LAX South
1804 E. Sycamore Ave. El Segundo, CA 90245 (310) 615-1073

OK hotel and decent value for the area

by TripAdvisor Member ColoradoJay

I spent one night at the Hacienda Hotel due to a layover at LAX. I had a room in the west tower. The room obviously wasn't new but was in good condition. It was a decent size but not large room. The bathroom was larger than most hotels. Everything worked, looked good and I had no complaints. I arrived late enough that my dinning choice had to be the 24 hour restaurant at the hotel. The restaurant was nice enough, the service was good and friendly, and the food was good and reasonably priced (except for the $4.50 bottle of domestic beer). The night club was active until well after 11 PM. It seems to be a popular dancing spot for those that really know how to dance. Worst part was it took the shuttle a while to pick me up at the terminal. But the many terminals at LAX likely add to that problem.

Perfect airport hotel

by TripAdvisor Member KayDenmark

My infant daughter and I arrived at the Hacienda after an 11-hour flight from Europe, and we were exhausted. Although there was some confusion with the airport shuttle - we had to call twice - we were very pleased when we arrived at the hotel. The lobby was clean, well-furnished and had character - none of that cookie-cutter airport hotel look - and the multicultural staff checked us in a friendly and efficient manner and took care of our bags. Our room, in the main building, was scruplulously clean and entirely re-furbished. There was no mini-bar, but room service was fast and the food was reasonably priced ($8 for a fried chicken dinner) and tasty. The staff also brought jet-lagged Mommy a couple of soft drinks in the middle of the night at no charge. An inexpensive 24-hour diner is part of the hotel complex, and we ate an excellent breakfast there at 5am. Hacienda is really all you could ask for in an airport hotel, and reasonably priced as well. Note to other parents: the hotel is NOT childproofed, and the balconies have gaps below the rails that are dangerous for any child below age 6 or so. We solved this by keeping the balcony door closed at all times. There are, however, a couple of nice gardens with fruit trees and fountains. One of them is enclosed, perfect for baby to explore.

Car Stolen from there

We stayed at la hacienda and used their park and fly offer. When we got back from our trip we walked to the parking lot only to find our Chevrolet Tahoe missing. They announce that they have 24 hour servailance yet nobody could tell us when or how our car got stolen. Even worse they weren't helpful at all and just left us to the side. When we wanted to speak to the manager they lied to us and told us he wasn't there but when my cousin got there ( a lawyer)the manager magically appeared from his office! When the police got there we were told that within that week there had been three other cars stolen from this same hotel. If you stay, you've been warned that your at risk of losing your vehicle.

Excellent hotel! I'll stay here again!

This hotel is a terrific deal for your bucks! I always like to have a hot tub when I travel because my back gets sore and stiff and this hotel has a hot tub that will blow you away! The price is right, too, and the service is excellent. I had a wonderful time here and I recommend this hotel highly!

4 S's ~ Short Sheeted, Sneezing next door, and Spiders

by TripAdvisor Member 8!

With a grain of salt, please...Good news first.

When our plane broke we were forced to stay an extra night in LA this week. Airline put us up at the Hacienda, with breakfast voucher as well. Staff at airline was as helpful as could be, and the hotel and cafe staff was friendly.

End of the good news. Our room stunk and the beds were awful. The noise of sneezing from one adjacent room and coughing from the other didn't help. The sounds of everything going on in the halls didn't help either. Paper thin...maybe. Kids in one bed, spiders in the other. Pulled off covers to inspect them and found that 6 inches of the mattress were uncovered. Whole night was terribly uncomfortable.

In the morning went to the cafe to eat before heading back for our flight at LAX, and none of us could eat any of the 4 different offerings we were presented. Food at the cafe was brutal, stick to the fruit bowls.

The room was billed at $98 including tax. I would gladly pay the extra $50 to stay anywhere else at the airport. Never will I return.

El Segundo

by julia687

"Not bad at all!"

I stayed in El Segundo as I was going on a camping tour with Trek America (which was brilliant!) and the tour started and ended from the Hacienda Hotel. As you can see from my reviews the Hacienda isn't a bad hotel.
I has a little worried about getting around LA without having a car but this wasn't a problem, we caught the hotel bus down to Manhatten Beach and walked down to the beach and along to Hermosa which is a really nice area and I wouldn't have gone there otherwise. we caught a cab back which wasn't too expensive. You can see from my other tips about getting around.
When I go back to LA I'd definately stay in this area again as it had a very laid back feel to it but was about an hour from the main sights (quite close in LA terms!)
If I can answer any questions feel free to email me!

Staying in LA for a night

by HighPriestess

I've got a problem. I'll be touching down in LAX (Airport) about 10 pm in the evening, from New York. My return flight to Singapore is at 12 the next morning. It is not a connecting flight.
Anyone can advise on what I should do? Is there a hotel in the airport? Or is it possible to leave my luggage at the airport and go out to the city?

Re: Staying in LA for a night

by travelgourmet

Go to a hotel within a mile or two of the airport. Many of the local hotels have shuttle buses that will pick you and your luggage up and bring you back to the terminal in the morning. Get the sleep and relax, knowing that your luggage is with you and you are close to LAX. Give yourself about 2 1/2 hours to check in, due to security and lines of people. It takes time.
Check out the website: www.lax-airport-hotels.com
Safe journey.

Re: Staying in LA for a night

by joesorce

Hacienda Hotel and the Travelodge on W. Century Blvd are decent and inexpensive.

Comments