Econo Lodge Encintas

depinski's Profile Photo

Great Location and Cheap

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 27, 2005

This place was great. It was really cheap compared to any of the other hotels that were available in the area and also was closest to the beach. Moonlight beach is only a 5 minute walk away. If you have AAA membership you will receive an additional discount. A downside to the place is that it is right next to train tracks, so make sure you get a room on the other side of the hotel as then you will not hear the trains. I, myself, did not realize that the train tracks were actively being used until Sunday, the last day of my 3 day stay. The Econo Lodge offers clean rooms with nice ammenities. It is great for anyone that is looking for a place on a budget. The service was very good and I think pretty standard for this type of hotel. The room was clean every day I came back and offered very good amenities for beach goers like a fridge and ice maker outside to keep drinks cool in a cooler at the beach. Overall I had a really good experience.

Unique Quality: Positive: 5 minutes walking distance from beach (closest out of all the hotels I found), pool, fridge, microwave, cable tv, air conditioning.

Directions: From Los Angeles 5 South off at Leucacia, Right and Left at US 101 past train tracks.

Nearby Econo Lodge Encintas

• Pets Allowed
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Encinitas Travel Forum

Need advice about Encinitas, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Encinitas and ask our Answer Gurus.