233 2nd Street, Encinitas, California, 92024, United States

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Close to the Beach

What is the name to give a motel that is right in front of Moonlight Beach? The Moonlight Beach Motel!

Of course, I didn't stay here but just came up for the day to meet Rixie. While I was trying to find here hotel, I think it was The Inn at Moonlight Beach, which is not at the beach but a couple of blocks east of it. Instead I found this one. I went out to ask and the Lobby staff was really very helpful so I decided to interview them for "a friend" who might be interested in staying at this motel.

c*

Unique Quality: The fact that this motel is so close to the beach is one unique quality, but another is the price of a room here. When you try to find an on-line price you will most likely not get one. You have to call them to see what they are charging at the time of your visit. When I asked they gave me several amounts for various times of this year. I won't give you an actual price but will say that they are reasonable for the type, style and location.

Having said that, I will add that though the building is old, it is cleaned and well maintained. The rooms are clean and large and they have a fully stocked--with cooking utensils--kitchen so you can cook your meals and make picnic lunches to take to the beach.

Comments