518 Seventh Street, Eureka, California, 95501-1890, United States

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Eureka Inn is a great deal.

I stayed in eureka over 3 nights. On the third night I stayed at the eureka inn. This was the least expensive, and the beds were the most comfortable, and the rooms were the cleanest. The Inn is in a middle of a renovation, and it was very cool to see the history of the site. I am very happy to be able to say I saw it before the renovation was complete.
    The staff was very nice. I paid 80$. I have not paid less than 100$ in the past 10 years and had better acommadations. The quality inn down the street was 180$ a night, it was stripped down corporate and boring. For a 100$ more I got a refrigerator that I did not use, and there was a microwave. The breakfast was standard, nothing special. I stayed at another hotel, it was loud and I paid 120$.
    On my 3 day stay in Eureka, the Eureka Inn was the cheapest, the quitest, and had the most comfortable beds. I don't need much for a hotel. Good bed, hot water, quiet. The Eureka Inn was the best. It also has tons of history and is a really cool place. The local bed and breakfasts, Carter house inn, etc. They were 3 times the cost, they were completely booked. If you are looking for 5 star stay, this is not it. But it was better than any hotel I have stayed at (for less than 100$ a night).
    I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Great deal, quiet, and very good basic accomodations.

Unique Quality: It's a 1920 historical landmark, it's in the middle of the renovation on the ground floor and the fourth floor. I did not hear one drill, hammer or construction noise. I look forward to being able to say "I stayed there during the renovation!", and "it only cost me 80$". When the renovation is over, I am sure it's going to cost double what I paid.

Comments