1221 Highway 41, Fish Camp, California, 93623, United States
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Yosemite Big Creek Inn

Big Creek Inn - So Relaxing!!

My husband & I recently stayed at the Big Creek Inn in Fish Camp, CA--right outside of Yosemite National Park, the south entrance. What a wonderful place! It's right on Big Creek, with beautiful views of a nearby meadow. Pamela, the innkeeper, is gracious, and has obviously gone out of her way to make her guests comfortable.

The room with the king sized bed is where we stayed, and its spacious layout and private balconys really make you feel like you're away from the city. The very comfy bed, clean room, and in-room fireplace were my favorites.

My husband loved Pamela's extensive DVD/Video collection available to the guests, and all of her Yosemite books, videos, and guides. He also thought her family-style breakfasts were fantastic.

There's so much more I could say, but overall, our tour of Yosemite was breathtaking, and our stay at the Big Creek Inn made it all the more special. We'll definitely stay there again.

Made our holiday!!!

We stayed at the Big Creek Inn in May 2004 whilst travelling through California. We had 3 nights there before going to Las Vegas and on the morning we left we didn't want to go. Relaxing in the hot tub with a bottle of wine by candlelight, sitting on the veranda feeding the Blue Jays, watching the hummingbirds, lying in the hammocks, watching the deer at dawn - it was all fantastic. If we ever get the opportunity to return to Yosemite this will definately be the place we will stay.

We reccommend the Awanhee Hotel for food and for an extra special meal try the Narrow Gauge Inn.

Have a good time!!!

We Loved It!

We stayed at a bed and breakfeast for the first time at Big Creek. We loved it. Pamela was a great host and even let us use her snowshoes and a backpack when we stayed there. The Inn is very clean and beatful and the movie collection is great.

Perfect stay!

We spent the weekend at Big Creek Inn, third year in a row. It just keeps getting better & better. Great attention to every last detail by Pam. We've got reservations for next year. Loved it!!

Pamela has thought of everything

We stayed at Big Creek Inn in the middle of our two week California holiday. Pamela has thought of everything to make her guests comfortable. There are little thoughtful touches everywhere. From Lip Balm to delicious snacks, board games for one's enjoyment to an incredible DVD/VHS collection. The rooms and beds were very comfortable, and impeccibly clean. The breakfast was buffet style with many selections, mostly cold foods. I understand that hot breakfasts are served later in the season.Our biggest disappointment was that were only there for one night.

We loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member NVTravelers

My husband and I stayed at the Inn this last March and we loved it! Pamela thought of everything and was a wonderful hospitable host - the robes were an especially nice touch after hiking in the rain and snow in the park, as was the supply of hot chocolate and other goodies while we snuggled up and watched a movie from her extensive movie collection. The view of the creek and meadow from our room was also beautiful, especially on the 2nd morning when we woke up to an overnight snowfall of 7 in! We will definitely be returning and probably during the same season too.

Fantastic stay!!!

We stayed at Big Creek Inn for 4 nights this June and did not want to leave.

There were so many good points: Pamela was a wonderful hostess, our room was lovely, nicely furnished, very clean and had a great view of the creek, there were lots of thoughtful touches (free local phone calls - useful for restaurant reservations, a coolpack to carry our lunches when we went hiking, a games room with a fridge for guests' use, a stock of chilled soft drinks, snacks, tea, coffee and hot chocolate, board games, an extensive DVD collection - if you had time to watch movies!, lipbalm and mosquito wipes in the bathroom, bathrobes that were especially useful for traipsing out to the hot tub), the breakfasts were delicious, the hummingbirds flitting around the deck, the outdoor tub was available for use all day or night and great for star-gazing.

To our bafflement, Big Creek Inn is not listed in any of the several guide books that we bought for our trip to the US, so our thanks to the tripadvisor reviewers without whom we would not have booked our stay!

The BEST place in Fish Camp

by TripAdvisor Member laughli7

Thanks to Tripadvisor I discovered the Big Creek Inn while planning our Yosemite vacation. We had originally planned on spending 3 nights at Tenaya Lodge but thank goodness we ended up here and for a much, much better price! There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been written. We were in the Mariposa room and Pamela has gone above and beyond to create the most comfortable atmosphere. Although Fish Camp is a good hour (at least) back to the valley, if you're smart you'll take advantage of the close proxemity to the south end of the park and spend your time exploring the Wawona meadows and the giant sequoias. We also had fun taking a canoe out on Bass Lake (also near by). Big Creek Inn offers everything you'd expect in a 5 star hotel but with the comforts of a home, and with the extras like delicious breakfast, movies, and jacuzzi, it's better than a five star hotel. It was the ideal place to come back to at the end of the day. We even ended up spending the majority of one day lounging around our room, the deck, the creek, etc. I highly recommend this Inn if you're looking to get away from it all and looking to enjoy the perks that a canvas tent just doesn't offer.

What's there not to love!

by TripAdvisor Member notfamily1

My wife and I were going on vacation in july, 2005 to Yosemite National Park. Through extensive searching on this site and review books, we decided on this bed and breakfast. Our only complaint...too short of a time. We stayed for 3 nites and to this day, we have not found a better bed and breakfast. Pam, the owner, cook, cleaning lady, and on and on is one of the best. She gave us info on where to eat, what to see and what to avoid. I don't know what was the best part of our trip...seeing yosemite, the breakfasts that pam cooked for us, or just relaxing on the balcony at nite, sipping on some wine and listening to the creek, all the while viewing the stars. Would i recommend this place to anyone?? No, i would recommend it to everyone!!! When we go back to yosemite, i would definitely hope that pam still operates this b&b, because that is where we would stay. Thanks pam, for all you do and all you are!!!
Bruce & Renee

Best accomodations I have EVER stayed at!

by TripAdvisor Member CrossCountryDriver

Many describe me as a Metro-male, 35 coming from NYC who cannot stand a mediocre place to stay, so when my girlfriend surprised me with a vacation to Yosemite - and in a Bed & Breakfast, I nearly freaked out. We fought the entire way to Yosemite. I kept saying the Tenaya Lodge and she kept saying the Big Creek Inn. Well, it ends up that she won. And was I lucky! The Tenaya Lodge is good to visit, but sterile atmosphere.

Pam - the proprietor at the Big Creek Inn was an oustanding host. She was knowledgable about the area and kept her house in tip top condition. The bathrooms were extremely clean - so clean you could eat off the floor. I tried to see if she really cleaned by doing the "white-glove" test and she had pasted with flying colors.

Right outside of your rooms, in this neat little area she has set up, there are tons and tons of entertainment and little snacks and teas. The little Hersey kisses were a great way to end a long day hiking. Yeah, me hiking! I usually am riding around in my crotch-rocket - Suzuki Hiabusa - 198 miles per hour out of the showroom. But the Big Creek Inn, put me in a heavenly transe. The bed was so comfortable, I looked forward to the retreat every night.

Pam also has great amenities in the bathroom. And glad she had hairdryers in every room so that my gf didn't have to wake her up to get one. I love the chapsticks she puts in each room. You really need it when your out all day in the sun/wind.

Breakfast was great! A mix of fruit, orange juice, milk, grapefruit juice, coffee, tea, eggs, bacon, toast.

And Pam had all these neat items to borrow - like tour books, backpacks, coolers, it was like she thought of everything before you even asked, she handed it to you.

We stayed in the Mariposa room - the one in the middle - Queen bed. And it was so nice. Colors were neutral and light. The King room was nice, but a little darker.

When we left, Pam had mentioned that they might be building behind her BB. I hope this never happens. She's really got this joint rockin'

Thanks Pam!!!!!! We'll be back for sure!

Comments