7871 River Road, Forestville, California, 95436, United States
Booking.com Travelocity Tingo.com

More about Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant

Farmhouse Inn is best in Wine Country

by TripAdvisor Member MMiddle

The accomodations are terrific, the rooms are beautifully appointed and spacious. The bathroom features -- double showers, steam bath, large bathtubs, heated floors -- are great and unique. And having a great restaurant in the same place is terrific. The restaurant was excellent and deserves the star it receives in the Michelin guide. The complimentary breakfasts are far more than we have ever received at other inns -- they are served and they are full breakfasts. The whole experience was terrific and I could not recommend it more highly.

An Amazing Oasis!!!

by TripAdvisor Member SRFischer

I can not say enough positive things about our recent experience at The Farmhouse Inn. The rooms were cozy, clean, and full of special touches-fresh flowers, bedtime cookies, etc.
The restaurant was also amazingly delicious and such a treat to walk across the walkway to our room after dinner.
The spa also added to the whole experience and accomodated me rather last minute.
We would love to return some day.

Wonderful time at the Farmhouse

by TripAdvisor Member L-in-Denver

I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Farmhouse Inn with some friends. We booked 3 different rooms, my husband and I were in #2, our friends in 5 and 8. Each room was different but exceptional and we were all very impressed. We found the property very easily, it is centrally located for exploring Sonoma wineries. Our room had a great bedroom area with a fireplace and had a large sunken jetted tub for relaxing. Our friends in #5 did not have the fireplace but did have a sauna and #8 had both. The pool area is also quite nice. One afternoon we stopped at a local market and grabbed all types munchies to enjoy poolside with some lovely local wines--PERFECT. The concierge at the Farmhouse gave us some cards that gave us free tastings at any of the russian river valley wineries. I would recommend a visit to J winery--it is very close and the wines are paired with small tapas. It is also a short (15 min) drive from the Farmhouse to the redwood forest in Guerneville, it is well worth the time to see these marvelous trees. We had dinner at the Farmhouse one evening and it was one of the highlights of the trip. You can bring your own wine ($30 corking fee) or enjoy a very extensive wine list at the restaurant. The appetizers, entrees, and desserts were all fantastic, please leave room for the chocolate souffle it is the best I have ever tasted. The breakfast each morning consists of two courses and is complimentary with your stay at the Farmhouse. Let me impress that this is not a continental b'fast but a wonderful meal starting with a fresh baked scone hot out of the oven, fruit, and a main item such as a veggie frittata with bacon and potatoes or french toast. The only drawbacks to the property was the road that it is located on. This is a very busy road so if you are looking to take a walk or run in the mornings it can be a bit nerve wracking. Oh and my hats off to the management at the Farmhouse. The power went off during our visit causing our air conditioning not to function properly one night. We spoke to the concierge but she was unable to correct the problem that night. She immediately offered to move us or to credit a portion of our room charges for the night. I appreciated the professionalism and her concern for our comfort even though we were checking out in the morning. All in all everyone in our party agreed that the Farmhouse was quite a find, we would all have loved to stay longer, and will return on our next visit to the area.

Absolutely Amazing Gem

by TripAdvisor Member AustinMjo

Spent some time this fall in Sonoma and Napa and found the Farmhouse Inn. I have to confess I am not a lover of "Inns" and avoid B&B's at all costs. What an amazing, delightful discovery. Beginning with the very helpful person who took our last minute reservation over the phone, the entire experience was refreshing, relaxing and I might add, also delicious. This little inn has a fantastic restaurant which the staff proudly encouraged us to try. I was a little hesitant but decided why not just stroll across the driveway and try dinner. It was one of the best meals we had in our travels. The service and the food was outstanding.
Our suite, which was spacious, comfortable and uniquely furnished, had its own sauna!! as well as garden tub. There is also a spa which I did not have time to indulge in but will definitely use on my next trip to Forestville.
Breakfast the next morning on the deck outside was simple and yet stunning. Perfectly done.
This is a peaceful oasis where it would be very easy to lose track of time. My only regret was that we only stayed one day. Plan to spend several days at this delighful inn.

Second Visit Even Better

by TripAdvisor Member efgh858

My husband and I recently spent our honeymoon at the Farmhouse. We'd visited before- about two years ago- and loved it. This time was even better. We stayed in one of the new rooms, room 10 (they've just added two in the main house). It was amazing. The bathroom is indescribable. Radiant heat in the floors, a huge, custom soaking tub and heated "beach", a peek-a-boo hole through the wall so you can see the fireplace in the bedroom, and a steam unit in the two-person shower. The four-poster bed has gauzy hangings, very romantic, and is incredibly comfortable. Amazing. We've stayed in $600-$700 rooms that don't have half of the amenities of this room (it's only $395/weekend night). Pair that with the world-class restaurant and new spa facility- we indulged in body wraps and 90 minute massages- (oh and the always incredible breakfast) and Farmhouse is truly on par with the finest small hotels in the world. We can't wait to go back.

Wonderful B&B!

by TripAdvisor Member wromig

My wife and I spent 3 nights at this fine B&B in late September following the recommendations of friends of my wife. Let me just say that all of their reports were accurate. Our cottage(#2), was beautifully decorated and the fireplace with the whirlpool tub were wonderful additions to the room. I kidded with one of the owners that I was going to need his help in shipping the bed and the flat screen TV back to PA because they were much better than what we had at home. The service and professionalism of the owners and staff made us feel so much at home. The breakfasts that were included with our stay were incredible and it was such a pleasure eating outside on the beautiful deck. Also, the restaurant is top-notch. Before eating here this was confirmed by nearly everyone we spoke to at the various wineries. We were told to order the Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit entree and as billed, it was terrific. It was also great to have the card from the Inn that allowed for free tastings at the winery. We loved the J Winery but every one of the Sonoma wineries we visited were enjoyable. I am astounded by any negative comments that have been lodged about this inn. We cannot wait to come back.

Perfect, with all the ammenities

by TripAdvisor Member srann

Stayed overnight ---a quick jaunt from Santa Rosa --to celebrate my husband's 40th. We've eaten at the restaurant twice before, and enjoyed it immensely both times, so were very excited to try the B&B as well! From the moment we were warmly greeted by name at the front desk, to the moment we left... (unfortunately we had to head out quite early in the morning, but a delicious continental breakfast was prepared the night before and put in our in-room fridge, so we were able to enjoy perfectly fresh strawberries with their delicious house-made granola, and cups of great coffee)...the service was attentive, all details were covered, and we were utterly comfortable and pampered. Highly recommended...we will most definitley be back!

Thoughtul and welcoming.

by TripAdvisor Member SaiSai

We enjoyed two beautiful days here and look forward to returning some day. Stayed in one of the luxury suites across the driveway from the main building, and was nearly overwhelmed at the space and ammenities. I think the suite is bigger than my boyfriend's apartment! There were wonderful small touches; freshly baked cookies and fresh flowers in the room, and extremely comfortable robes.

The only tiny misstep was the daily housekeeping, which involved little more than making the bed and folding the towels. They didn't pick up around the sitting area, re-set the pillows, add more firewood, or hang up the robes. That might sound picky on my part, but this seemed like a place that would go above and beyond like that. I was surprised when we came back from our day and the garbage I had conspicuously left out to be discarded (a small empty box, torn wrapping paper, cork and foil) was still on the table. Maybe they thought I was saving them or something.

Overall, this place is very lovely and I highly recommend it, especially for a romantic weekend. The staff was so friendly and genuine, the food was delightful, and the grounds are lovely. Plus, it's a great location near great wineries and is a short drive to Healdsburg.

Serenity, Relaxation, and Vacation Fun

by TripAdvisor Member jaxdad

We stayed just one night, but wish it could have been a week. The Farmhouse is very well maintained, and the room is cozy and luxerious. Then there's the bathroom - easily one of the best we've ever been in. The shower is unbelievable - and the tub (with water from the ceiling) is fabulous. Just a great time.

Terrific Weekend Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member rainbowwig

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our post-Thanksgiving weekend getaway from the Bay Area. The staff managed to obtain reservations on short notice to two sought-after restaurants, Dry Creek Kitchen and Cyrus, both in Healdsburg. We also enjoyed a terrific meal in their own highly regarded restaurant. They also arranged a private tasting at Merry Edwards, who is a celebrated maker of Pinot Noir.

We stayed in Room 1, which is closest to River Road, but we always travel with our own sound (white noise) machine. While the room is on the small side, the spa tub, sauna and fire place provided a perfect end to long day. Honestly, we really only needed a place to sleep between our outings. The daily breakfasts were awesome. The location is perfectly situated for the Sonoma Wine Country.

James & Brenda from Alameda