550 Shell Blvd, Foster City, CA 94404

LandscapeLandscape

Travel Tips for Foster City

Little Theater In Foster City

by Callavetta

The Hillbarn Theater is in its 65th season. This cozy theater, "nearly in the round" puts on several productions each year. Each production lasts about 5 weeks. Picasso at the Lapin Agile*, Steve Martin's hilarious play about a meeting between Albert Einstein and Pablo Picasso in a French Bar, just closed. Hat on a Hot Tin Roof* starts very soon. For more information:

Bike Paths

by Callavetta

Foster City has miles and miles of bike paths. It's possible to ride all the way to the San Francisco Airport along these paths, right next to the Bay. Along the route you pass picnic tables, windsurfers, fisherman, joggers, a driving range, hikers, people walking dogs. It's a very health conscious environment.

Foster City

by cwest03

Foster City is where I spent the first four years of my life. It's located about 20 minutes south of San Frnacisco and has 101 on the west side (bottom of picture) 92 in the north (left of picture) and the bay to the east (top of picture). It's a fairly unique city as it is located on a lagoon. This city is also full of townhouses which is kind of a strange thing. It has changed a lot since I grew up there with lots of commercial and residential developments. I guess this is just the way of the valley.

Foster City

"My peaceful lagoon"

When I'm not home in Colorado, or I'm not exploring other parts of the world, I love sitting on my deck on my peaceful lagoon in Foster City. A small town of less than 30,000 well healed souls, the city fathers cleverly built on a network of lagoons. My own home is on this one and I can see the hills in the distance, sometimes watching the fog crawl over in an amazingly eerie fashion.

"Bird life"

This weekend a new family of geese hung out in front of my deck. It was fun to watch the babies stretch their gawky legs and short little wings

"Club House"

I live right next to the clubhouse. You can play pool, relax in the lounge with a fireplace, or work out in the gym. Very nice.

Comments