Garberville Hotels

Our Members Say

• twohourlunch profile photo twohourlunch
  • Reviews: 2

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Lone Pine Motel: Drive right on by the Lone Pine

Let me preface this review by saying that I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to motels while traveling the road. My motel needs are simple: 1) clean; 2) good mattress.

My husband and I arrived in town and this was the first motel we spotted. I said "let's try this one -- it looks family-owned and might be a gem in the rough."

Well, rough it was.

The good things: They are pet friendly. The clerk was friendly.

And bad things: It was not clean. Though heralded as "non smoking" on the door, our room smelled of smoke, and smoking evidence was everywhere (spent matches on the carpet; cigarette ashes on the carpet by the bed). Not much time was spent using the vacuum! The bathroom floor had not been swept; there were bits of things on the bathroom counter that I cleaned with one of their washclothes. The bathroom window frame was broken like someone had tried to break in.

The mattress was vile. The box spring was stained and dirty; there was a 4" long tear on the side of the box spring. I swear, they found that box spring on the side of the road somewhere. The bed was very uncomfortable -- we almost left at 4:00 a.m. after a restless night (him uncomfortable, me worrying about critters in the bed).

There were odd holes in the bathroom door; the outdoors was visible around the AC unit; the whole room was dismal. Quite the pity as the place has potential -- the exterior is somewhat charming; emphasis on SOMEWHAT).

Not at all good. I even wore my flip-flops in the shower.

Hmm. The only unique quality I can think of were the neighborhood cats that took refuge in the tall weeds in front of our room.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive