Crowne Plaza Anaheim - Garden Grove

CrownePlaza.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 61% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Crowne Plaza Anaheim - Garden Grove

Clean, Comfortable and Friendly Staff

Our stay at the Crowne Plaza Resort Anaheim was very pleasurable experience, we stayed 5 nights. From the moment we checked in to the day we left, everything was perfect!!! We were exetremely grateful to have our room ready and available when we arrive at 6:30am even though check in is at 4pm. The room was very clean and the bed was so comfortable. Housekeeping did a great job at keeping our room neat and clean everyday. The staff, everyone from the front desk, activities desk to bell desk and valet were helpful, welcoming, courteous and very friendly.

The hotel provides a shuttle to and from Disneyland every half hour and it was always on time! There are several restaurants and shops within walking distance of the hotel, very convenient. Parking at the hotel was no problem and no fees unless you use the valet.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Crowne Plaza and will definitely stay here again! Thank you for a wonderful experience!!!

Very nice for price range

by TripAdvisor Member janet_and_rex

I stayed here for a week recently and was very pleased with the hotel. My room was quiet, even though we were next to the ice machine. The beds were very comfortable and the maid service was great! The pool was very clean and the temperature was just right. They had lots of pool towles and the staff kept the pool area very tidy. There is a breakfast bar available, not included in the price, that provided lots of selections. Parking was an issue, we ended up in a lot that was posted tow-away. The hotel insisted that we ignore the sign, and even though we were never towed, I was a little stressed about the prospect. We had one "standing room only" trip on the bus, which was tough with little kids, but found that extra buses are sent earlier then the posted time and were able to avoid the situation in the future. I found the bus drivers to be friendly and very helpful to all of the families with young kids, helping with strollers and packages.

Our trip

The Crowne Plaza was a pleasant hotel. It was very similar to Paradise Pier, just without the California Adventure theme. Everything seemed pretty new and clean. We had no problem with noise. The only drawback was that it's a bit far, but the shuttles were always on time and instead of being given the generic schedule of "the shuttle comes around every hour", they give the actual times that the shuttle will show up. I think the shuttle was only shared with one or two other hotels, so that was nice... it never ran out of room, we always had a spot to sit.

There are no fridges in the room. We didn't use the pool, so we don't know what that was like. Our room had a pool view, but it was also situated very close to residential neighborhoods.

I've heard horror stories about their parking situation, but we didn't have a problem.

Service was very friendly and nice. With a good rate, we'd stay here again.

Nice little touches!

by TripAdvisor Member ambreprn

We stayed 2 nights on a trip to Disneyland. We paid 85 $ a night weekday. Great modern and clean room. The most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. Great goody bag on bed upon arrival. Too many other nice touches to mention. Will stay here on future trips to Disneyland.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member GoHerd

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times for business. There is no concierge floor for priority club members that is my only complaint. It is clean and well maintained. Food in hotel is decent but there are many restaurants within 1 block. Some people worry about the parking in the reviews but it has never been an issue for me, they tell you to park where it says two hour limit but it is OK. All in all one of the best Crowne Plazas I have stayed at much better than the Crowne Beverly Hills.

Decent but has some issues

I booked through Hotwire and thought I was getting a great deal.
We arrived and quickly found parking and checked in. Our room had filthy carpets, no morning paper and seemed more shabby than those who had not booked through hotwire. The bathroom was clean so we were happy.

The pool had plenty of towels but the pool water look cloudy and none of the people in my party bothered to get in. Another disturbing aspect is that the pool is right next to apartment buildings (about 6 feet away) and I noticed people watching the sunbathers from their balconies.

The margarita bar was fantastic, and there is a Target and several restaurants nearby. Crowne is the last hotel on the bus stop so I recommend going to the nearby marriott or hyatt to jump on the bus. I also noticed we were charged a 7.00 "resort fee" and this DID NOT include getting online in the business center or printing out anything on the printer. This is a good deal for families on a budget but travelers looking for something more accomodating should stay away.

great!

have stayed here twice in the past year. very nice. clean, great location with shops nearby and Disneyland about a mile north. very helpful, friendly staff. should be 3.5 stars at least on hotwire.com

Lovely

I stayed in January for 9 nights with my mum and 2 small children, and we had no complaints, the room was clean, spacious and modern, the pool was clean (although the pool towels were a bit old and stained) the food in the restaurant is not the best but there are good restaurants within walking distance, the shuttle to Disney was on time there's a target store opposite and a 99cent store with lots of Disney stuff so go stock up there first, small children don't know the difference!!

Just average

This hotel is 1.5 miles away from Disneyland. You can find hotels closer than this one. As one reviewer wrote, several other hotels (large) share the shuttle (free) with this hotel. You are the last picked up and the last dropped off. Not good.

Service: Wow! The staff at the front desk are very rude. (I am an engineer so I am used to rude.) The room they gave me smelled as though someone spent the day smoking in it. I asked for another room and the repeatedly told me the hotel was sold out and they could do nothing. (They didn't care.) They offered to send someone up to spray the room. I asked where to park, they said to park in the 2 hour parking lot across the street.

Parking: You don't have to pay for valet parking there. Park next to Joe's crab shack or behind the marriott.

Hotel Restaurant: Don't eat there. Grease!

Pool: It is actually heated to a warm temp. The highlight of the trip.

Room: Standard size. I've read about it being noisy. I didn't hear anyone.

Public Transportation of LAPublic Transportation of LA

Outside imagen of the catedralOutside imagen of the catedral

Crystal CathedralCrystal Cathedral