11747 Harbor Blvd., Garden Grove, California, 92840, United States

Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Costs 42% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Bed Bugs and they don't care!

My children were covered with bedbug sores after staying in room 503! I contacted Hampton 3 times, first being polite, then demanding and still absolutely no response.

Very disapointing, this experience traumatized my kids and tainted our vacation to Disneyland.

More about Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles / Anaheim / Garden Grove

We Will Be Back

by TripAdvisor Member emmysmom

My family stayed at this hotel Oct. 15-21. We were thrilled that we picked this over some of the others we were looking at. We actually picked this because we have stayed at other Hampton Inns in the past and knew what to expect. The continental breakfast wasn't as large as the other Hamptons we have stayed in, but was adequate. It always had something hot and saved us about $50/day. We had a one bedroom suite for 5 people and it was great. Plenty of room and the little kitchen was very convenient. I was very concerned about the review that said the back door was always unlocked and the families belongings were stolen. I checked the door almost immediately after arriving. It was locked and there was a note on it saying it was broken and everyone had to walk around. You could go out it, but could not enter it from the outside. The parking lot was full, but we were always able to find a spot. I read a comment that the little store was way over priced, but I didn't find that at all. I felt they were very reasonable. Housekeeping was great. Our room was always cleaned when we returned. The first morning I left a little note asking for towels for 5 people and they left enough towels for 10 and always stocked the bathroom for 6. We did tip housekeeping so that may have helped. The only minor problem we had was that we were packing to leave and housekeeping came by to clean our room at 9:00am and she couldn't understand that we were leaving that day and we would be out by check out time. We didn't get a chance to use the pool (weather was cool and we were too busy), but it looked clean and the area around it was clean.
We are planning another trip to Southern California in a couple of years and the Hampton Inn will be our first choice of hotels.

Great Hotel

This is a great place to stay when going to Disneyland. We stayed here for 4 nights. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. We usually stay closer to DL and just walk but this year we rented a full size car from Priceline(-) and it turned out that the car was less expensive that taking the Supershuttle. It was much nicer driving to DL than walking plus we went to Main Beach in Laguna and ate at one of our favorite pizza places there, BJ's Restaurant & Brewery.

We will definitely stay at the Hampton Inn at Garden Grove again. And I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to stay when visiting DL.

It's okay, but...

by TripAdvisor Member Ring Tailed Cat

We paid about $100 for a one-night stay at Hampton Inn of Garden Grove (near Disneyland). The room itself was excellent. Everything was clean and neat and seemed to have recently been remodeled. TV, Microwave, fridge were all great. Even the breakfast area was nice and the selection of breakfast items was good. However, the noise level was terrible. We heard the neighbor's TV, flushing toilets upstairs, showers, and people in the hallway. Also, we had booked a king sized bed but got two queens instead. The front desk was polite, but could not solve our problem.

Great Hotel

We stayed at the Hampton from Nov. 19-25. Rooms were very clean. Free breakfast was really good. They alternate between eggs and waffles/french toast sticks/biscuits everyday, but each day was enough to tide you over till lunch. We even skipped out on a character breakfast since they serve pretty much the same and decided to save a few $100 dollars. Never had an issue with parking. Lots of tours pickup from this hotel. We never bothered with tram since there were 8 of us. Right down the same street, I think two blocks, from the main parking for Disneyland. Looks much further on the maps. Lobby needed and will be getting a little updating really soon from the signs they had out. Internet access was pretty slow and only one of the two computers worked. Only negative, elevators were really slow. Staff was always very friendly and helpful. Overall I wouldn't pay more for another hotel that may a few feet closer to the parks, when this one offers really good service.

Liked the Hampton Inn

by TripAdvisor Member crock

We stayed at the Hampton Inn a few weeks ago and were very pleased with this hotel. Here are a few comments. We stayed on the 6th floor and found the room to very clean and the bed cofortable. The hotel was not very full and we heard no sounds from adjoining rooms. If your stay includes a Saturday night, be prepared for a very crowded parking lot (due to partys at the nearby Embassy Suites). After cruising the lot for nearly 10 minutes and unable to find a spot I asked the receptionist at the front desk if there was any other parking available and she said it was OK to park in the driveway in front of the hotel. I wound up with a great parking spot right by the front door. There was no problem parking the remaining 3 nights but be carefull parking behind the hotel. There is a golf driving range next to the lot and even though there is a high fence, I found a few errant golf balls in the lot. Odd numbered rooms face the north and if you are on an upper floor, you will be able to see the fireworks at Disneyland. Trash is picked around 5:30am from an area also on the north side of the hotel several times a weeks and is quite noisy especially if you are on a lower floor. The lobby area is being painted and the corridors seemed a little dark and need of new carpets. We used the shuttle ($3.00 per person) to get to Disneyland and found out the hard way that they stop running 1/2 hour after the park closes. We visited Downtown Disney after the park closed (8:00pm on the day we went) and got back to the deserted tram stop at 9:00pm. This information was not posted anywhere and the driver didn't mention it either. It was a long, cold walk (1.2miles) back to the hotel.

Great Choice for a big family

by TripAdvisor Member janandean

We stayed in a larger suite with two kids and two parents (six of us) in November. Our suite had a separate bedroom (two queens) that adjoined a room with a living room (pull out sofa bed), balcony, and kitchen. There was plenty of room- basically the size of large hotel rooms for the price of one higher end hotel room. Hampton Inn free breakfast includes hot items and was always changing. We had a view of the pool which I recommend- Fireworks view would have been OK but the view below that is of an old apartment building and the garbage facilities. We could watch the kids in the pool from the balcony. Pool was pretty good and was heated. There is a kiddie pool and hot tub as well. The lobby also has a computer with internet access. There is no restaurant but the very excellent Bucca Di Beppo shares the parking lot with the hotel. Staff was very friendly.

Highly Recommend!

We just returned from a fabulous trip to Disneyland and I can't say enough about the Hampton Inn. We have two kids and the other family we went with has three. Each of us had suites with views of DL fireworks each evening. The rooms were very spacious. We had been travelling from the week before and still had all of our Christmas gifts in tow too. The room was very clean and housekeeping did a great job each morning. We had a almost full-size kitchen which was packed with all the essentials. The beds were extremely comfortable and included cozy pillows. They had extra bedding in the closet which went to great use for our baby's pack-n-play. Each morning they had a heavy continental breakfast which was great. They also have "on the run" snack bags which we took to the park each day. ART picked us up each morning in the parking lot and there were no additional stops between our hotel and DL. We will definitley stay here again. I should also comment on the hotel staff. They were very nice and accomodating. I don't have any negative comments to share and for those that know me that can be rare :-)

It would be super after the renovation

by TripAdvisor Member lite2shine

This is a very nice hotel, I suppose, as when I visited, the hotel was still under renovation and there was a notice saying it would be completed by the end of Feb 2006.

My floor had no wall paper, some rooms didn't have a room number plate, but inside the room was freshly decorated and nice. Matter fact, I could still smell the paint which game me a headache so I had to open the window all night long.

The location was nice and price was right, so I'll definitely try again after the renovation.

Will choose a different place to rest on our next trip

To start off, we stayed at this hotel March 7th-15th....8 nights and 9 days. We were ready to go home by the 6th night.

My husband and I were very impressed when we walked into the hotel lobby on the first day. The staff was very friendly and helpful for our entire stay. When we first got there (around 11:30am), we were told our room wasn't ready and we should be able to check in around 1:30pm...no problem! We chose to store our bags in their closet and head to the park for some lunch and a bit of afternoon fun.

We ended up checking in around 4:30pm. We were able to get the room we requested (top floor, facing the park), which we were thankful for. I read a review before leaving about the elevators being incredibly slow, but we only encountered that in the morning when breakfast was being served.

Breakfast is a full meal deal at this hotel. There are 2 hot items to choose from daily, ranging from watery scrambled eggs (though, they did taste pretty good) to undercooked sausage patties to Eggo waffles to biscuits and gravy to some folded up egg patty thing that tasted like I was eating a sponge. Literally, it was full of water and had NO taste to it. Tried it the first morning and couldn't handle it. I thought I'd try it another morning, with salt and pepper, and it still didn't mask it. The rest of the breakfast was great! There were 4 different cereals to choose from, 3 variations of milk, 3-4 different flavors of yogurt, 2-3 different flavors of Quaker instant oatmeal, bananas, apples, oranges, fruit salad, different breads for toast (jelly, honey, butter, and peanut butter were always in supply), bagels, muffins, danishes, and orange juice, apple juice, cranberry juice, coffee, tea, hot water, and hot cocoa. Needless to say, we never had to buy a breakfast while there.

The beds in our room were less than desirable for us. Every morning, I woke up with a stiff neck and a massive headache. The beds were too hard and the pillows were too soft. My husband had a hard time sleeping as well. My kids had a hard time even getting into the beds because they sit on a wood pedastal off the ground, so we literally had to boost them up just to get in (ages 7 and 4). I had to hop onto the bed just to get in myself and I'm 5'7".

The television only got 21 channels, one being HBO. There are 2 Disney channels, one's Toon Disney. There seemed to be 3 sports channels, 4 local channels, The Weather Channel, and numerous news channels. We weren't there to watch television, but we were stuck in the room all day when my husband and son got afflicted with a fever from a nasty cold they had caught. The reception for the television is really terrible. We realized that they have their satellite dishes on the ground, practically facing the hotel and/or palm trees, so that had to account for it. Even the reception in the breakfast room was terrible.

The room was a good size (we stayed in a standard 2 Queen room, non-suite). There was a reclining chair, though it seemed threadbare on the ottoman part and a bit uncomfortable (but a nice break from sitting in a hard bed all day). There was also a table with a chair at it. It worked well for our kids' meals and also to use the laptop at. There is free high-speed wireless internet, just make sure the hotel gives you the access code when you check in (the code changes every Monday). There is also a refrigerator and microwave in the room, as well as a full-size closet with hangers, so those came in handy quite a bit. The television was sitting on top of a full sized dresser with 3 large drawers, ample space to store your clothes.

The bathroom was a great size. Enough counter space for everything we brought, which seemed to be a LOT of stuff (one duffel bag was full of all our bathroom stuff). There was very little water pressure from the shower, so our showers took almost twice as long as they would at home. There is also no non-slip things on the floor of the tub, so my son slipped a few times and bruised up his knees pretty good while taking a bath. I banged my elbow more than I care to remember on the bar in the shower (to help you out of the tub so you don't slip and fall?). The shower head has 6-7 different settings, so that was really nice. I had to set it on a pulsating, massage setting just to wash my hair because there was so little water pressure.

We went to the pool area once during our stay. The hot tub was very relaxing after a long day at the park. The kiddie-wading pool was not heated...and since the temps stayed in the mid 50's most of our stay, we didn't let the kids go in it. The pool was heated and well maintained. Very clean area. There are also pool towels available before you go to the pool (right next to the door to the pool) so you don't have to worry about using your bathroom towels. There is also an exercise room in the same hallway as the pool door, but we never used it and rarely saw anyone else using it. There are 3 different exercise equipment machines in the room.

There is an Italian restaurant in the parking lot of the hotel. Very good food. The portions are for families, so a small order of spaghetti is made to serve 2-3 people. The prices were pretty expensive though. There is also a Jack in the Box across the street, as well as a Taco Bell, as well as a Carl's Jr. down the street. Ask the front desk for the telephone numbers to local pizza joints who deliver (Pizza Hut, Dominos, and Papa John's, to name a few...they all deliver straight to your room). Also, across the street and a little ways down (still walking distance) is a Target and a Walgreens. They came in handy when I realized the only cold medicine sold in the hotel's giftshop were cough drops.

To get to the parks, I'd suggest taking the Anaheim Resort Transit (ART). I believe it to be about a mile walk otherwise. The ART breaks during the middle of the day from usually noon-2pm though, so leave for the park before then. Also, don't think about getting some shopping in at Downtown Disney after the parks close. The ART stops running 30 minutes after Disneyland closes. You don't want to be stuck walking or calling a taxi when you're tired.

All in all, we had a good trip. There were things that could've been better, but most of it wasn't the hotel's fault. After discussing it with my husband, we both agree....we'll look for a different place to stay next time. One that's closer and more comfortable.

One more thing...don't miss the 50th fireworks show. They are SO amazing with colors and designs made specifically for this event!

Overall Good Experience

by TripAdvisor Member plasmanut

We just came back yesterday from a week-long stay at the Hampton Inn in Garden Grove (Anaheim). Overall, I can honestly say we were pleased with our experience there. This was our third Disneyland vacation since 2003 and I traveled with my wife and 2 children, ages 5 and 7. We stayed in a standard, 2-Queen beds room.

I cannot say I was particularly impressed with the friendliness of the hotel staff. Please don't take this the wrong way. Everyone was courteous, but it did not seem anyone was getting out of their way to do more than what is normally expected.

I booked this hotel through GetAwayToday (which I cannot say enough good about!), so it was impossible to request certain rooms. I would have preferred an upper-floor, North facing room to get the view of the fireworks, but we were told this was not possible upon arrival. We ended up on the 5th floor facing South. The view was surprisingly pleasant and lively, with other hotels and restaurants surrounding the Hampton Inn.

This hotel is conveniently located, with many shops and restaurants nearby, including Target (kitty corner) and about a mile or two away from the Block at Orange, a great shopping / dining / entertainment spot. More importantly in our case, it was also about a mile away from Disneyland. This is hotel is definitely NOT within walking distance of the Resort. That did not matter too much as we had rented a car, but it's something to keep in mind for people looking for the immediate DL vicinity. The Hampton Inn also does not offer its own shuttle service, which forces car-less guests to rely on the Anaheim Transit Service, which is as costly as your $10 per day parking at Disney.

As indicated in other reviews on this site, the hotel has recently undergone renovations, which appear to have been completed prior to our arrival. At least, there was no evidence of any significant work being performed anywhere. Other than the smell of new carpets, it's hard to tell how extensive the renovations were, but the place certainly has a very modern, airy feel and look to it. Our room was about average size for what you would expect for this class of hotel, with a good size bathroom (phone in the bathroom was a nice touch). Cleanliness was not an issue. As a matter of fact, the entire hotel (including the room) was spotless, in my humble opinion, and I consider myself quite picky on that.

The room had a good size closet and a small fridge and microwave, provided at no extra cost, which is more that can be said for a lot of other hotels. It had a table and 2 dinette-style chairs, but was unfortunately missing a larger recliner or accent chair for comfortable reading. I was extremely happy with the fact that wireless Internet access was free throughout the entire hotel, not just the lobby. No messy and constraining wires to contend with. Their access code is changed very Saturday. The connection was fast and reliable everywhere I used it.

On a more negative note, we could have used a lot more drawer space. We had to keep one of the suitcases handy to store some of our items. Three little drawers under the TV just don't cut it with 4 people travelling for a week especially during the rainy season where a more extensive wardrobe is required (expecially with the unpredictable weather we've encountered there). TV service was adequate, with the usual offerings.

Apart from the good reviews we read on this site, we chose this hotel because of its "full breakfast". It's always nice to start the day on a full meal, especially when travelling with small children. Breakfast can become very expensive over a week. From that perspective, it was great to have it. However, the hot items provided we not very good. I would tend to call this a "glorified continental breakfast". Again, not bad, but not worthy of the name "full buffet breakfast". The breakfast areas was large and extremely well appointed. The hours were also excellent, with food being served until 10 AM, which is great for those of us who like to close the park and get up a little later.

Unlike some other guests have pointed out, I cannot say parking was a problem there. The parking stalls were rather narrow and the lot was usually quite full, but we never had trouble finding a spot. Parking is also free, as is the case for most of the hotels in the area. Adjacent to the parking lot is the pool area, which comprises of a small pool (by hotel standards and given the size of this building), a kiddie pool (1 ft. deep) and the hot tub. Again, quite clean, but small, which was not a problem given the time of year, but could be if you're travelling during the hot summer months.

One thing I found a little frustrating was the inability to cash in travelers cheques in amounts larger than about $50 as there never seemed to be enough cash on hand. Maybe I'm being unfair with this comment, but I've always been able to do this at other hotels so I've probably come to expect it. I used a safety deposit box all week with no problems ever accessing it or having to wait too long.

Overall, nothing bad or major to report. A few shortcomings, but this hotel is what I would call a "safe bet", kid friendly and clean. If you're like me, you're unlikely to come out of there disappointed, but you'll be likely to want to pursue your search for the perfect "home away from home".

Bottom line: would I stay there again? Yes.

man cleaning windowsman cleaning windows

I actually did see this!I actually did see this!

Comments