11999 Harbor Boulevard, Garden Grove, California, 92840, United States
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hyatt Regency Orange County

Very good choice: especially if you get a deal

by TripAdvisor Member EastBayTraveler

We paid regular rate (AAA rate for kids' suite of 106, included breakfast and of course was in north tower), and I think life's too short to deal with the priceline thing, only to pay for an upgrade (and have to deal with the whole south tower north tower thing). We have stayed here twice. Very nice rooms, and the bigger version of the kids' suite (with real door rather than french door) is the way to go. Sleeps three comfortably, good-sized main room, very pleasant and well-stocked room (fridge, microwave, two tvs). I think Hyatts usually have pretty good food, and the breakfast buffet and room service were both above-average. The only tiny rub was that the front desk sometimes is a little understaffed, and the woman who checked us in was not exactly warm and fuzzy. The shuttle to disneyland was right on time and clean. This is our hotel for disneyland trips, at least until the kids get older and can be in their own room, which is when we will downscale and stay across the street from the park. I suppose E Suite and other places are comparable, but I think it would be hard to beat the AAA deal we got.

Had a wonderful time despite a few issues

by TripAdvisor Member angelbaby67

Upon arriving at the hotel at 11PM we were sent like everyone else to the North Tower despite our early reservation and request of the South Tower. I felt that beggers could not be chosers being that we got an excellent deal from priceline. As we got to our room we tried opening the door and thought it was jammed. We tried opening and closing the door and stuck our fingers in to remove the latch and slammed the door shut to try again. To our disbelief the room we were assigned to was already occupied and the person inside was not happy at all. We only can imagine what he must have been thinking at this point. I know what we were thinking and hauled it back to the check in counter. Upset and tired we had a 20 minute wait till they figured out what to do with us. We were told that the occupancy rate was high and told that we could stay in a 2 bedroom suite for the night but would have to move the following morning back into our assigned room. I was a bit upset being that we would have to open up all of our luggage to bath and get set for the next morning not to mention that we would have to halt our plans for Disneyland the next morning till we could get situated. However the next morning I got up early and spoke with the manager who sincerely apologized for my inconvenience and allowed us to enjoy the rest of our stay in this 2 bedroom suite. We could not believe it considering all the bad reviews I have read about this property. We enjoyed the rest of our stay despite a few other small issues. Our children loved it and so did we. It was a very convenient location being that there was a Target across the street to purchase film, batteries, water, and snacks for the kids. Also there was many resturants that were walking distance such as Joe's Crab Shack, Outback Steakhouse, Red Robin, and a few others. The free shuttle service to Disneyland was a big plus also. It was always on time and we were the first pick up and the first drop off of three hotels so we always got a seat on it. Another plus was the self parking. It was only a short walk to the elevators from the parking lot. ALL IN ALL THIS WAS A WONDERFUL CHOICE DESPITE THE MINOR DETAILS AND WE WOULD WITHOUT A DOUBT RETURN TO THIS PROPERTY AGAIN. THANK YOU HYATT FOR HELPING MAKE OUR CHILDRENS TRIP TO DISNEYLAND A MEMORABLE ONE.

Great value

by TripAdvisor Member mamabear04

Stayed there 2 nights, May 22-24. Got our deal through Hotwire. I was worried after reading the reviews but as my son said "how bad can a Hyatt be". I called ahead and asked for 2 beds and no smoking. Check in was great, the front desk was extremely courteous. We were put in the South tower but no smell. The room was very large with a great view, loved the large window; the beds were very confortable. Yes, the carpet in that tower is a little threadbared but great value. I would do it again.

I was not that happy with this Hyatt

by TripAdvisor Member JasonArizonaSurprise

At first glance the hotel looks great! I was very excited to be staying at this hyatt. Everything however, started going downhill when I first pulled into the parking lot. The hotel was charging 12.00 a night for parking WOW!!! Thankfully I was only staying here two nights. I then went to check in at 1pm, and I was told that there was a 20.00 check-in fee? I asked if this fee was in place because the hotel was booked and the front desk clerk stated that this was a new policy, and that the hotel was only at 50% capacity. I then got to the room in the 2nd tower, and I was shocked by how dirty the room was. The room looked like it was not taken care of very well. I did however, like the pool at the hotel. I would not stay at this hotel again.

Every thing had a cost, too high

Got a great price, thought it would be a great stay.
Stayed for 3 weeks, wouldn't have if hadn't paid up front.
First night check in, was told about the parking ($12.00), thought it was part of room cost, WASN'T. What is up with that???? $12.00 a night to park when there is no other parking anywhere else!!!.
Everything there had a high cost attached, restaurant too expensive, hamburger to room $21.99????? come on, ain't no burger worth that much!!!
All the bell boys or what ever they call them selfs, hand there hand out for everything. They won't let you carry your own bags to your room, but when you get there, the hand comes out expecting the tip. Order a pizza for delivery, they won't let the delivery man up, you have to go down 14 floors to the front desk to get the pizza. After working all day, I didn't want to leave the room once I got there, but no..... can't escort a delivery person up, they would rather put the guest that is paying too much out.
The house keeping never failed to short me something the entire 3 weeks. If it wasn't no coffee, then it was no shampoo or soap, or clean glasses or cups, always something, like I might waste it or take it with me.
Next time a big name expensive hotel offers a good price for a 3 week stay to me..... I'll pass!

A Wonderful Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member hmsoapy

I recently stayed at this hotel with my family. We stayed in a suite in the newer part of the hotel, and found the room very spacious, and well decorated, it was also very clean and extremely comfortable- we loved it! The hotel has such an airy, modern feel about it, and it is very relaxing. A free bus is provided to Disneyland, which was great. There are lovely restaurants within a 1 minute walking distance also.
We thoroughly enjoyed our time spent here, and would not hestitate to book here again!

Good stay

Well, after some searching of Disneyland area hotels we decided on the Hyatt. We were in need of a "family suite" style room and the Hyatt had exactly what we were looking for. The property was well groomed, the staff was courteous and professional and the room was actually nicer and bigger than described. All of the "family suite" rooms are in the north tower, which was very nice and modern. Overall it was an excellent stay and we would not hesitate to stay there on our next trip to Disneyland. However, there are a few things that should be mentioned. Self parking is $12 a day (a killer for longer stays), the California Grill (the lobby restaurant) was a little pricey for the quality and quantity of their food and in the "family suites", you can only enter the bathroom by going into the kids room (potentially waking the little ones). If you stay away from the south tower (so I have heard) you should have an excellent stay. Hope this helps.

Loved my stay

My overall stay at the Hyatt was great. I've read a lot of bad review, but I have no complaints. Maybe that's because I stayed in the North Tower and we made reservations directly from the hotel. If I had to complain about something, it probably would be the charging of the bottled waters! That should have been free. I went with my mom, brother and his friend. We stayed in the kids suite. Everyone was pretty much satisfied. There's a lot of restaurants in walking distance. We especially liked Joe's Crab Shack. Stay away from the Mexican restaurant across the street, the food was horrible!

Enjoyed our Stay

After reading tons of reviews for various hotels in the Anaheim area, I reached the conclusion that I would just have to pick one and hope for the best.
I did not book my hotel thorugh priceline, or hotwire.. but thorugh Hyatt vacations. We booked the whole thing, room, airfair, city pass tickets. Not a bad deal for 10 days. The Hyatt is a beautiful hotel. We pulled up at night and the lights glittering off the building were beautiful. The bellhops were courteous and asked if we needed help with our bags. We declined, so no extra bills exchanged hands. We parked the car ourselves.. no valet parking.. Saved $3.00 a night. Yes, parking at $12 a night sucked. But come on you have to realize you are in California. Anyone been to New York lately? We had a two-room kid suite in the North Tower. It was clean, funcitonal, and served it's purpose. When you are on vacation.. how long are you in your room? The hotel restaurant was expensive, but again you are in a 4/5 star hotel, what would you expect. It's not the Days Inn. Denny's and Coco's Bakery are within walking distance. Pizza Hut Express is located in the lobby for a late night snack. Starbucks is open in the morning until late afternoon for your convience. The shuttle bus was great, always on time and the drivers are very informative. The daily newspaper(LA TIMES) is located at each elevator (free) and the USA Today is at the concierge desk (free). Great vacation and great hotel.. Only negative was the $12 a day parking.

Decor Beautiful, Clean Bathrooms and Living Quarters

Decor very nice and excellent buffet breakfast. My son got a free breakfast while I had to pay for a full one. The bathroom was beautiful and clean but the bedspread was a little worn and there were stains on the sheets in which they were clean but they should be thrown away or bleached/colored. I thought it was a bit overrated but the environment was nice and we felt very safe. The rooms were also nice and clean. It was just the problem with the bedspread and the sheets. Staff at front desk was a little unprofessional but I got good service when I asked for the manager. Overall it was great but I felt it was a little overrated.

Comments